I hope this is not pests

OzbudboY

I'm noticing this on a few leaves here and there on different plants
IMG_20151224_122530199.jpg
IMG_20151224_122524862.jpg
IMG_20151224_122536101.jpg
. I dont see any bugs or signs of them

Might be spider mites? I see a black dot that could be a mite? I also see little white spots on the leaves... Look closely on the leaf underside and see if you see anything... Webs anywhere... Check for thrips as well... They will leave behind clear spots on the leaf as well... The hide on the under portion of the leaves... Don't panic, just guessing right now... Either way you can fix any problem you have... First we need to know what it is? Take a close look and post again...

I saw one clear spot and multiple white specks. Thanks. The picture with my thumb in it is what I think it's some clear slimy substance
IMG_20151224_160114174.jpg
IMG_20151224_160106413.jpg
IMG_20151224_155601549.jpg
IMG_20151224_155540056.jpg
IMG_20151224_155445834.jpg

Definitely not spider mites or thrips. You might want to look over the leaves, especially the undersides of them, there may be a little snail or slug hiding in there somewhere, or maybe some small insect, but I would not be worried, unless it started showing up in lots of places. Great microscopic photos!

Thanks guys, you have definitely lowered my level of worry :volcano-smiley:
There is definitely something there that is leaving the clear snail trail like stuff on the odd leaf. I am seeing these symptoms in 2 different tents.
I've been looking for the little critter but no luck yet.

Agreed with above. I don't see any webs and that doesn't look like thrips. I would say you definitely have some type of pest of some sort? Keep a close eye on things and start taking some preventative measures. Get yourself some pest spray and pay close attention to your ladies. Nothing to get all crazy about but never hurts to be smart about things... BTW those are some great pics. What did you use I would like to look into something like that... Very nice, keep doing what your doing and Happy Growing! Keep us posted... Hey Merry Christmas!

OZbud: hint: look underneath and on the bottoms of the pots. Snails and slugs love to hide there, and come out when it's dark. Bet you find one.

Back
Top Bottom