I suspect I may have bud rot

Ghoulie

Hello, First timer here that is very nervous after i dug around on the internet and found that i may have bud rot.

Most leaves that are not connected to any buds are starting to turn yellow and wither away slowly (i've heard this is normal with Autobloom)

Leaves at the top bud is curled upwards and noticibly sunburned (my thought)

I managed to get some pictures but i lack a good camera.
Here is the first image (bad quality but the top part of the bud is brown, the rest is normal.
I0iz0eu.jpg

9dB62Od.jpg

Here it is, as you can see its leaves are starting to turn yellow and wither (any help with this aswell?)
KMi3zpn.jpg

wAzPK6R.jpg

So i dont even know what kind of information could be helpful, Do you think this could be a start of bud rot? (can get more images if needed)
*edit* hit me with all the info that'd be required to know if its bud rot, i wanna be 100% sure.

Looks like it might be bud rot but funny it should start at the top like that. It usually occurs lower in the bud where moisture gets trapped. It might just be the top dying for some reason. If it appears to be spreading, just cut off the discolored area to stop it from spreading.

Seeing as it's weird that it starts at the top of it my thought is that maybe my light is to close to the budtop?
I'll get an image
16mdynD.jpg

400W Hps bulb with a coalfilter just above the image.

I am sitting here stoned and missed all of your pictures... lol sorry about that...

Hey, you know what I don't see in your pictures? A fan. How is your airflow in there... do the plants move around?

Hi, Yeah i did not think ahead enough to install a fan inside the tent, all i got is airflow from the venthole in the 3rd picture.
The lower and mid part of the plant is showing signs of movement but the top parts are not.
*edit* And i got a blowout fan connected with ventpipes and a coalfilter at the top of the tent.

yep... a good oscillating fan in the grow tent is worth its weight in gold. I left my fan off for some stupid reason (probably stoned) one hot muggy summer night, and I had bud rot on some beautiful purple kush the next morning. Lost most of that crop.

the AP was correct, just chop the bad off... be ruthless... and go on from there. Get a fan.

I will get to it ASAP, Thanks for the quick replies :)

Back
Top Bottom