I think the rust hammer hit me

1337sp33d

Hi all , I am posting a new thread on a bit of an emergency basis. From my research, I think I have brown rust mold. I put a plant in an enclosed space with no fan for 2 days to force flowering and it came out with brown rust mold :-(. I did not see the rust and let it infect my new baby. I have put hydrogen peroxide with baking soda on it but the mold is growing. Making some neem oil as I write this and ordered the sulfur powder. The sulfur powder is a week out and I do not think it will last that long. What are my best options to save it?

20220912_095536[1].jpg

Not sure about the "rust mold" can you get a clear close up of the top?

To me it appears to be a pH issue... "Burnt" tips along side curling and spotting.

Can you give us a bit more info regarding your grow such as nutrients, medium, and lighting to help us help you a bit better?

Hi all , I am posting a new thread on a bit of an emergency basis. From my research, I think I have brown rust mold. I put a plant in an enclosed space with no fan for 2 days to force flowering and it came out with brown rust mold :-(. I did not see the rust and let it infect my new baby. I have put hydrogen peroxide with baking soda on it but the mold is growing. Making some neem oil as I write this and ordered the sulfur powder. The sulfur powder is a week out and I do not think it will last that long. What are my best options to save it?
Did you save patient zero?

Hey mate 😁 I'm with Haz on the mold, I don't think it's rust mold, what soil are you using and how much water are you using? Also she is very small to force flowering!
I would probably take her out of that big pot and put her in a smaller one with some pH balanced soil and water.

Also what light is she under and what are the temps and humidity?

Much love :green_heart:

Not sure about the "rust mold" can you get a clear close up of the top?

To me it appears to be a pH issue... "Burnt" tips along side curling and spotting.

Can you give us a bit more info regarding your grow such as nutrients, medium, and lighting to help us help you a bit better?
This is a photo of a leaf removed from the plant that came out of the 48-hour dark time with no fan or ventilation. The new seedling was infected when I put this in the grow room. The seedling had only worm castings to prevent damping off soil was perlite with peat moss no other nutes. The rust was discovered 12 hours after infection. It spread to other plants as well. In this case (IMHO) for the number of plants infected the nutes and ph has nothing to do with it. Ph was 6.0 btw. Thanks for the input I spent hours on the problem before the post. After spraying all plants with h202 and baking soda there were new spots on other plants. I sprayed them all down as a preventative measure and it still showed up. Would neem powder and sulfar mixed with oil or water work better then the H2O2/baking soda

20220912_113239[1].jpg

Ok my friend I am sorry that you are having issues but that's not mold... What you have is definitely a pH problem... Not sure what....but it's relevant. The below pictures are of cannabis plants with nutrient issues that very closely resemble your problem.

And to further follow up on what you said " the seedling only has worm castings" idk if your using nutrient rich soil or not?! If not then that worm casting treatment was a tease for the little plant, nothing it can actually survive off of......so this brings me to think that may be hungry?

I am not an expert but I have grown quite a few of these awesome plants and have a general idea of what each issue looks like first hand..... But on the other hand I am not by any means trying to debate your research or knowledge just giving my own insight on what I see.

Hopefully one of the gurus pop up to weigh in. Best luck ✌️

download (1).jpeg

curling_yellow_spots_leaves-1024x695.jpg

Marijuana-Plants-With-Nutrient-Burn.jpg

Maybe mildew maybe 🤔 Phytophthora infestans not powdery mildew.

Is there any white mold under the leaves?

If not I'm with Haz on this one...

Just found this with a quick search-

Phytophthora infestans
mildiu_planta_marihuana_blog_cdn.jpg

Treatment
The first thing that you should do if you find out that your crop is infected is to improve its ventilation, prune the affected areas and avoid overcrowding, so ensure that there is enough space between plants. Then you should apply a fungicide to eliminate the fungus. There are various products that can help you to eliminate this fungus, some are contact products and they are applied after the first 24 hours of infection, and others are systemic that are used after a maximum of 72 hours from the appearance of the fungus. Just like in the previous cases, we don't recommend the use of chemical products to treat mildew, because of its health risks, a good organic preventive remedy for this fungus is Bordeaux mixture.

Hope you get this sorted mate :circle-of-love:

Making some neem oil as I write this and ordered the sulfur powder. The sulfur powder is a week out and I do not think it will last that long. What are my best options to save it?
There actually is a Rust Mold or Rust Fungus but it shows up on lawns or turf grasses and not the grass we smoke.;)

A reminder, you have to be very careful spraying Neem Oil on any plant, not just Cannabis, and then using a sulfur spray. It is known to cause very serious problems and can kill the leaves. The two should not be mixed together and there is a waiting period in-between spraying one and then the other. No mention that I have found about using Neem Oil as a systemic and then spraying with Sulfur so it seems it is one contacting the other on the leaves.

Some sulfur sprays will have a warning on the label not to spray until at least 30 days after any oil spray and the oil does not have to be Neem. Also in reverse, do not spray the Neem, or any other oil, for approx 30 days after a Sulfur spray. Some warnings do indicate that it is not going to be a problem every time but it does happen often enough that there are very strongly worded warnings.

There actually is a Rust Mold or Rust Fungus but it shows up on lawns or turf grasses and not the grass we smoke.;)

A reminder, you have to be very careful spraying Neem Oil on any plant, not just Cannabis, and then using a sulfur spray. It is known to cause very serious problems and can kill the leaves. The two should not be mixed together and there is a waiting period in-between spraying one and then the other. No mention that I have found about using Neem Oil as a systemic and then spraying with Sulfur so it seems it is one contacting the other on the leaves.

Some sulfur sprays will have a warning on the label not to spray until at least 30 days after any oil spray and the oil does not have to be Neem. Also in reverse, do not spray the Neem, or any other oil, for approx 30 days after a Sulfur spray. Some warnings do indicate that it is not going to be a problem every time but it does happen often enough that there are very strongly worded warnings.
wow shure glad you did your post I just got back from buying just a bag of sulfur and was going to mix it with the neem

wow shure glad you did your post I just got back from buying just a bag of sulfur and was going to mix it with the neem
Just checked and new spots on other plants as below. The ones with humidity domes did not get infected. The other ones were not in the room. From what I am seeing it is a spore carried on the wind as the plants not in the room and with domes did not get infected. I only put neem powder mixed with canola oil on one baby should I do a solution of sulfur and water and spray the others ?.
20220912_140516[1].jpg

20220912_140512[1].jpg

20220912_140534[1].jpg

20220912_140627[1].jpg

20220912_140616[1].jpg

Attachments

• 20220912_142750[1].jpg
    20220912_142750[1].jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 31
This is a photo of a leaf removed from the plant that came out of the 48-hour dark time with no fan or ventilation. The new seedling was infected when I put this in the grow room. The seedling had only worm castings to prevent damping off soil was perlite with peat moss no other nutes. The rust was discovered 12 hours after infection. It spread to other plants as well. In this case (IMHO) for the number of plants infected the nutes and ph has nothing to do with it. Ph was 6.0 btw. Thanks for the input I spent hours on the problem before the post. After spraying all plants with h202 and baking soda there were new spots on other plants. I sprayed them all down as a preventative measure and it still showed up. Would neem powder and sulfar mixed with oil or water work better then the H2O2/baking soda

20220912_113239[1].jpg
I had powdery mold and made a citric acid, Dr.Bonner’s castille soap and water spray and it killed it immediately.

Hey mate 😁 I'm with Haz on the mold, I don't think it's rust mold, what soil are you using and how much water are you using? Also she is very small to force flowering!
I would probably take her out of that big pot and put her in a smaller one with some pH balanced soil and water.

Also what light is she under and what are the temps and humidity?

Much love :green_heart:
The fridge that the plants where in for 48 hours had no humidity or temp control guessing 86f at 80% RH. grow tent 82f at 86% rh I need a dehumidifier for shure.

Back
Top Bottom