I11icits First Grow - Unknown Sativa Cuttings - White Widow To Come - 2016

i11icit

Hi all,

This is my first grow so I have decided to keep a running log of progress and to seek feedback from the the community. My first 4 cuttings have been taken from a Sativa. I don't know too much else about the mother plant aside from it being a female. I have Feminised White Widows on the way from Crop King so will be growing them as well.

I'm planning to grow 4 plants in the space I have and will be topping the plants to utilise the space better.

Setup (photos to come).

• I'm growing in a 1mx1m2m Grow tent. I live in an apartment so space is limited.
  • 0.8m x 0.8m 1.6m Mylar Grow Tent
  • 600w HPS Lamp
  • Supplementary 80w LED panel for Vegetative stage
  • 130W CFL Duel Spectrum Lamp for Cuttings
  • I've also have a Apollo Horticulture GL100LED Full Spectrum 300W light on the way that I was considering using during flowering but after some feedback on this.
  • 6" Axial Vent Fan (350m3/H) connected to a 4" Carbon Filter
  • 6" Intake Fan
  • 2 x Clip on oscillating fans for ventilation
  • Pumping water through a drip fed irrigation setup using a 450Ltr/h pump.
  • 6" Pots with Rockwool and clay as a growing medium.
  • 1 x Airstone

Plan

Cuttings are currently placed in Rockwool cubes in a Humiditiy Chamber (3rd day). The chamber is ~ 5cm away from the CFL lamp on a 18/6 cycle. The 2 larger cuttings are looking healthier. I think the small ones are ok as well, just looking a bit sad at the moment. I'm spraying these girls twice a day at the moment (morning / night) to keep it humid.

Not sure whether to move these smaller cubes to a larger 10cm rockwool cube or a smaller 8cm and sit on top of clay pellets or put the smaller cube directly into the clay. I've read both options are viable so I may experiment and try them both, Will do this once the roots are visible and plentiful at the base of the smaller cube.

Watering

Plan to water 30min on, 1.5hr off once moved into my watering system with daily monitoring of temps / pH / EC. Aiming to maintain a pH of 5.7 - 6.0

Using the General Hydroponics 1-2-3 system as outlined here for nutrients and planning to change water out every 7-10 days.

How do I mix up my nutrient solution?

Not much to show of the setup right now as the tent won't arrive till tomorrow but for now I can post some photos of my clones.

Looking forward to what I hope will be a successful grow and look forward to your feedback and advice. Remember people, keep it positive and spread the good vibes.

Peace

cuttings13.JPG

light50.JPG
irrigation.JPG

Today felt like Christmas. All my packages arrived and I was able to setup my grow tent.

Clones are looking healthy. Opened up the vents on the humidity dome today and spraying twice a day. Still sitting under the CFL lamp for the time being.

Tested out the temperatures in my tent. I have 1 sensor in the dome and one just under 1meter from the HPS lamp. Without the HPS lamp turned on the dome was sitting at around 24deg C and 85% humidity and outside the dome 22deg C and 45% humidity.

Turned the HPS on and temps jumped to the high 20s maxing out at 30.

I'm thinking that the 600w bulb for this size grow tent is a little too powerful. Should I invest in a cooltube now or wait to see how the temperature changes once I have plants growing? I have 2 fans circulating air as well as a 6" intake and exhaust

64cff956-9dbb-4a3d-902a-ded900300146.jpg
402ba46a-1030-4b85-8e05-9c40b80753bb.jpg
5f359e08-8e89-45c0-bf9f-817bff09808f.jpg
1df3fdaf-1796-48b0-9eb5-c4c47a7a17a4.jpg

Tents still sitting at 30deg Celsius under the HPS lamp. Turned it off for now as the cuttings are under the CFL for the next few days anyway.

Ordered a 5inch CoolTube which im hoping will reduce the temps. Don't think the loss of lumens from using a tube is much to worry about. 600w light in a 1mx1mx1.8m would be plenty of light I would think?

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom