Identify problem

As a summary to this thread. I will now add a half dose of calmag, carry on top feeding for another week, 2L every 2 days and hit them will 1200w hps power. Thanks for the advice guys. I shall make updates with their recovery(I hope!). Anymore input is welcome!
if you can get mh bulbs for the veg stage your plants will be less stringy , there is not much blues spec in hps , good for flower but not so good in veg , you can also get dual spec hps with blue and reds , the more blue the better photosynthesis, you will have more green leaves and more busy plants with thicker stems :)

The crinkle in your leaves imo is highly due to pH. If your pH is rising that fast then pH your mix to 5.5. When it rises it will bring you into the sweet spot. The girls will also get more of the full scale of nutrient availability. I'm not sure how that system works but they do give the look of being over watered which perplexes me. I'll be back!!

I would take one plant out , give it a good run off feed at half strength calmag and half strength nutes also , get a good 20 percent run off , check your pots are draining proper as the coco can block the drains with the small particles, lift it up so you can see the run off , i would feed this one plant at 5.5/ 5.6 ph , see how it responds . . you do need an air stone in your res so get this as soon as you can , this will help the bottom roots breath a bit more

The guys at AutoPot recommend using a 50/50 mix of:

Perlite or clay pebbles (50%) with Coco, soil or rockwool (50%)+

Your mix doesn't look correct, they may be suffering from over-watering or rather a lack of proper aeration for the use of this system.

Keep A Layer Of Washed Gravel Or Clay Pebbles At The Base Of Each Pot

Doing this improves the drainage in each pot.
The layer should 1 – 1.5” (25 – 38mm) deep.
Don’t forget to wash the media before adding it to the base of each pot.

Make Sure The Gravity Pressure Is Right

AutoPot systems don’t use a water pump (no noise – bonus!) Instead, you use gravity to deliver feed to the pots.
To do this, it’s important that you place your reservoir at least 6 inches higher than the top most AQUAvalve.

All I got atm :passitleft:

This is not meant to discourage you in any way but to inform/share some findings. I happened upon some posts at other forums were some people had issues growing in coco with their auto pot systems. Unfortunately all resorted to the system collecting dust in the storage and tried different growing methods. I'm thinking your medium isn't mixed properly and as a result the root zone is staying too saturated mixed with a slight pH issue. Just my opinion from my short quick search.

Would it be possible to transplant by removing as much coco as possible from the rootball and then re-potting in a properly mixed medium (60/40 coco/perlite or clay balls or switch the mix around with higher amount of aeration)

Your mix doesn't look correct, they may be suffering from over-watering or rather a lack of proper aeration for the use of this system.

AutoPot systems don’t use a water pump (no noise – bonus!) Instead, you use gravity to deliver feed to the pots.
To do this, it’s important that you place your reservoir at least 6 inches higher than the top most AQUAvalve.

:goodjob:

This is not meant to discourage you in any way but to inform/share some findings. I happened upon some posts at other forums were some people had issues growing in coco with their auto pot systems. Unfortunately all resorted to the system collecting dust in the storage and tried different growing methods. I'm thinking your medium isn't mixed properly and as a result the root zone is staying too saturated mixed with a slight pH issue. Just my opinion from my short quick search.

Would it be possible to transplant by removing as much coco as possible from the rootball and then re-potting in a properly mixed medium (60/40 coco/perlite or clay balls or switch the mix around with higher amount of aeration)
I was thinking about checking out one of those octo-pots. But now I think I will stick to what I know... and make a table... lol

I think nutty prof was using some kind of chopsticks or something.
kebab screw sticks mate , close though you could use them too if made form wood :thumb:

P1130352.JPG
P1130353.JPG
P1130356.JPG

if you can get mh bulbs for the veg stage your plants will be less stringy , there is not much blues spec in hps , good for flower but not so good in veg , you can also get dual spec hps with blue and reds , the more blue the better photosynthesis, you will have more green leaves and more busy plants with thicker stems :)

already using dual spec hps mate. I’ll give the mh bulbs a go next time though

Lights just come on and I must say they look totally different today! they’re facing up towards the light now rather than clawing down. I think drying out the trays and top feeding definitely helped. I will continue top feeding until they’re feeding enough to try the autopot valve again. Thanks for the help everyone. I got 1 more week of veg until 12/12 so I hope. I’m not sure if the crinkled leaves will recover but they may become victim of the defoliation anyway.

verdict so far. Overwatered.

Lights just come on and I must say they look totally different today! they’re facing up towards the light now rather than clawing down. I think drying out the trays and top feeding definitely helped. I will continue top feeding until they’re feeding enough to try the autopot valve again. Thanks for the help everyone. I got 1 more week of veg until 12/12 so I hope. I’m not sure if the crinkled leaves will recover but they may become victim of the defoliation anyway.

verdict so far. Overwatered.
try one at a time , start with the biggest turn that valve on but keep the others top feed , just to see , once you think its time , always try with one at a time no matter what your fixing , :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom