Identify problem

Stoneisland

I’ve searched endlessly but can’t identify what the problem is. I’m thinking overwatered but not intirely sure. Help will be appreciated!

8F3C4B7B-7A52-4CCA-B412-D3B4DE3061EC.jpeg
9A2D97E4-7DAA-4901-AC46-1E00F34AD363.jpeg

:welcome: I'm sure someone will be able to figure it out. To help can you post some more details? Like what media, nutrients, watering cycle, temperature, humidity etc. Will all help people to give you an accurate diagnosis.

Thanks smoke, I got strawberry amnesia 22 days into veg from clones. I’m using coco in 25l autopots. My ec is 1.4 using cAnna a+b, cx root stim, shogun silicone, and a ph of 5.8. Temps is 26°c and humidity is quite low at 35% I hand fed for the first 2 weeks then turned on the autopots. It’s my first time using autopots and assumed I hadn’t top fed long enough. I have since turned the valve off, emptied the trays and let them dry out for 3 days. Top fed again today. They are still canooing/clawing down and looking wrinkled or swollen.

Thanks guys, I’ll carry on top feeding with a mix enough for them rather than the resivour. I’ll mix the resivour up and add nutes as I was before but check daily and check the ph to see if that was indeed the problem. I bought the autopots so I didn’t need to check it all daily :confused:. If the problem is either the overwatering or fluctuating ph will the leaves/plants recover?

thanks for the input guys

Thanks guys, I’ll carry on top feeding with a mix enough for them rather than the resivour. I’ll mix the resivour up and add nutes as I was before but check daily and check the ph to see if that was indeed the problem. I bought the autopots so I didn’t need to check it all daily :confused:. If the problem is either the overwatering or fluctuating ph will the leaves/plants recover?

thanks for the input guys
No, the old foliage is just that. If it looks real Jacked up just pluck em off. The new growth should be good for you though. Good luck brother.

Try and get your RH up if you can. It's a bit low for veg. If you don't have a humidifier you can hang some damp towels to help a bit. I'm in a hard water area too and after 24hrs my nutrient mix will go from 6.3 back up to around 6.8.

I keyed in on the comment that you let them dry out for 3 days.... coco is totally inert there are zero nutes for your plant so it must be bottle fed. Coco is not like soil and you can’t run a true wet / dry cycle like one does in soil grows - so letting the media dry out is not recommended. Coco should be fed quarter strength nutes every day, no plain water ever. When plant gets bigger feed 2X per day and in flower feed 3X per day. You may need to bottom water or let them soak until the coco is fully hydrated then go back to feeding every day.

In one manner of thinking you can’t overwater coco

some more pictures could help ,
if you can get shots of the plants in their pots top to bottom
make sure your adding cal mag , and make sure you put calmag into your water First before adding base
there might be some in the a and b but a little more sometimes helps, some times you need it , sometimes you dont ,
have you read the bag the coco came in and has it been nutrient buffered before you started and washed in low ec

I keyed in on the comment that you let them dry out for 3 days.... coco is totally inert there are zero nutes for your plant so it must be bottle fed. Coco is not like soil and you can’t run a true wet / dry cycle like one does in soil grows - so letting the media dry out is not recommended. Coco should be fed quarter strength nutes every day, no plain water ever. When plant gets bigger feed 2X per day and in flower feed 3X per day. You may need to bottom water or let them soak until the coco is fully hydrated then go back to feeding every day.

In one manner of thinking you can’t overwater coco

i bought the autopots so I didn’t have to constantly water due to other commitments, but they have clawed down and swollen/crinkled as the picture shows. I’ve assumed this is from over watering? That’s why I let them dry out as the bottom was saturated without the roots being developed enough to drink it all? I’ve Reverted back to top feeding for now until the roots should drink the tray.
some more pictures could help ,
if you can get shots of the plants in their pots top to bottom
make sure your adding cal mag , and make sure you put calmag into your water First before adding base
there might be some in the a and b but a little more sometimes helps, some times you need it , sometimes you dont ,
have you read the bag the coco came in and has it been nutrient buffered before you started and washed in low ec

Is calmag required in hard water? I have a starting ec of 0.4. And the coco hasn’t been washed-or buffered just as it came. I have washed gold label pebbled at the bottom of the pots filled around with 2”.

ill get some more pictures up in a moment

i bought the autopots so I didn’t have to constantly water due to other commitments, but they have clawed down and swollen/crinkled as the picture shows. I’ve assumed this is from over watering? That’s why I let them dry out as the bottom was saturated without the roots being developed enough to drink it all? I’ve Reverted back to top feeding for now until the roots should drink the tray.

Is calmag required in hard water? I have a starting ec of 0.4. And the coco hasn’t been washed-or buffered just as it came. I have washed gold label pebbled at the bottom of the pots filled around with 2”.

ill get some more pictures up in a moment
only if you start to see a deficiency, this is why seeing the full plant and pots tells a better story ,

have you any dry heat , like a little heater to keep the temps where you have them , with dry air sometimes the leaves taco or a fan blowing straight on them will also bend leaves like the pics you shown us

with nutrient buffered coco you wash out the potassium if you go to youtube punch in the search bar , canna coco nutrient buffered , it will explain better than i will lol.. i grow in coco my self but i buy the buffered washed for an easy life , i also do soils that take mostly water only until mid flower

Back
Top Bottom