Problem!

Bmoney

I need help identifying a problem with one of my edges of leave are fading only on new growth im thinking its a ph issue but i cant tell

DF5D55D2-473A-43B6-BA62-CE37D55C9232.jpeg

I see what looks like three symptoms. How (and how often) have you been watering and at what pH, what have you been feeding it (and how often / what pH), what is the lighting situation, and what are the environmental conditions (temperature/humidity).

I thought there was a sticky in this section advising members on what information to provide when asking for help, but maybe I was mistaken. Regardless, the above will help provide one of the experts the required information necessary to have a better chance at both diagnosing your specific issue(s) - and to determine the cause and cure of same.

EDIT: Yeah, it's still there. Please read this thread:

I see what looks like three symptoms. How (and how often) have you been watering and at what pH, what have you been feeding it (and how often / what pH), what is the lighting situation, and what are the environmental conditions (temperature/humidity).

I thought there was a sticky in this section advising members on what information to provide when asking for help, but maybe I was mistaken. Regardless, the above will help provide one of the experts the required information necessary to have a better chance at both diagnosing your specific issue(s) - and to determine the cause and cure of same.

EDIT: Yeah, it's still there. Please read this thread:
I thought the rule was at least one full page of random guesses before the first clue. If they tell you all the info up front there is no challenge!:rofl:

Ya see this torturedsoul? This is how the game is played. lol

It's more fun when a clown doesn't want to pay you to diagnose the issue on his vegicle, but will happily keep bringing you part after part - along with money - to install, in hopes that he'll eventually "win."

If you're not getting paid to help, the person should not be allowed to handicap you. Otherwise, someone might start thinking that they can at least gain some knowledge from it. E.g., "I'm not sure which of the several possibilities that the few things you've told us could be indicative of it actually is, but I wonder what would happen if you scratched a cup of ammonium nitrate into the soil and then gave the plant a good watering? Please post pictures a day or two after doing so."

And we wouldn't want that ;).

Could be temp, RH, PH, low potassium, high mag or cal, lighting, watering or another symptom or factor not in the picture....... But the "yellow clawing" is generally a nutrient deficiency, PH block or nutrient lock out.

So tell him to water 1/3 as often, since consistently watering too often might cause such symptoms? And, if the person wasn't actually watering too frequently... that'll be readily apparent when they post an update of their basically dead plant?

Or the nutrient deficiency (caused by excessive amounts of another element), when told that the plant isn't accessing enough of something, leads the person to add more of it - thereby causing the plant to have an additional toxicity issue, two more deficiencies, and... then they post a picture of a basically dead plant?

As games go, it seems like it would suck to be the ball. . . .

It's more fun when a clown doesn't want to pay you to diagnose the issue on his vegicle, but will happily keep bringing you part after part - along with money - to install, in hopes that he'll eventually "win."

If you're not getting paid to help, the person should not be allowed to handicap you. Otherwise, someone might start thinking that they can at least gain some knowledge from it. E.g., "I'm not sure which of the several possibilities that the few things you've told us could be indicative of it actually is, but I wonder what would happen if you scratched a cup of ammonium nitrate into the soil and then gave the plant a good watering? Please post pictures a day or two after doing so."

And we wouldn't want that ;).

So tell him to water 1/3 as often, since consistently watering too often might cause such symptoms? And, if the person wasn't actually watering too frequently... that'll be readily apparent when they post an update of their basically dead plant?

Or the nutrient deficiency (caused by excessive amounts of another element), when told that the plant isn't accessing enough of something, leads the person to add more of it - thereby causing the plant to have an additional toxicity issue, two more deficiencies, and... then they post a picture of a basically dead plant?

As games go, it seems like it would suck to be the ball. . . .
I was just agreeing with you tortured and joking around a bit. Bad day at work or having car problems? Have you tried changing the oil and replacing the battery? that always fixes it. Sorry couldn't resist. Round 2 is where the OP never responds again after asking the question. lol

I was just agreeing with you tortured and joking around a bit. Bad day at work or having car problems? Have you tried changing the oil and replacing the battery? that always fixes it.

It's cool. I just happened to recall a relatively recent thread in which the guy wanted the golden answer, then got mad when his plant died before it got straightened out. There might have been a bit of failure to follow directions, but the plant was getting steadily worse, apparently. There's usually time to turn a simple spoon-feeding into a trip to the dentist (pulling teeth, eh?) - but not always. Plus, Rob (or whoever it was) went to the trouble to put together the post on what sorts of information a person should include when asking for plant Rx for a reason, and I'm thinking it wasn't because he didn't have anything else to do, lol.

No worries.

Sorry couldn't resist. Round 2 is where the OP never responds again after asking the question. lol

That's better than, "I picked one of the three things you said it could be, incorrectly followed the directions for fixing that, and now my plant is all crunchy. I'm never trusting other people's advice again!!!"

But still not optimum.

I maybe could have worded my post(s) a little better. When it's near 100°F outside, the sun heats the place up a few degrees more, and it doesn't really cool off enough (IMHO) to fall asleep at night, so I seem to kind of run my days together until I pass out from exhaustion... then wake up four hours later :rolleyes: . Probably not at my best, this time of year. Brain is like wax at 40° - it's not flowing well..

Man, I don't know. I feel the curl may be excess nutes. Looks like possibly too much N. Possible magnesium deficiency. Could top dress with some dolomite... can't hurt, right? @Bmoney, are you using anything that would have salt of any kind, e.g. epsom salt? Are you growing in coco?

Back
Top Bottom