I'm not dead yet!

Pbass

Great line, yall know the movie reference!

This is a bit of a extreme dry cycle, but look how happy 2 hours later. Vegging plants love a big dry cycle! Not advisable for flower.

20220629_085932.jpg

20220629_105954.jpg

Cheers! Have a great day! :yahoo:

Ye I think it is about time for a bigger pot as well :popcorn:
Oh yeah lol you don't want to see those roots. She's slowed right down, that watering regimen is practically a daily routine if I'm not careful. She's just a standby to be honest, big mothers are such a pain to maintain I typically have a few little girls like that laying around that I don't need to pamper much and are just to make more little girls from.

This strain is Gods Glue (from ministry of seeds I think, one of the ones I won here), very hearty, very potent! It's from some top breeders top Gorilla Glue #4 mom and dad... you can beat the crap out of them and they just don't care, also very bug resistant!

Oh yeah lol you don't want to see those roots. She's slowed right down, that watering regimen is practically a daily routine if I'm not careful. She's just a standby to be honest, big mothers are such a pain to maintain I typically have a few little girls like that laying around that I don't need to pamper much and are just to make more little girls from.

This strain is Gods Glue (from ministry of seeds I think, one of the ones I won here), very hearty, very potent! It's from some top breeders top Gorilla Glue #4 mom and dad... you can beat the crap out of them and they just don't care, also very bug resistant!

Back in the day..... some where very fuzzy ?

I'm sure they called that bonsai mother plants or some one did !

Any way I am pretty sure they would survive some root pruning from time to time, you basically get a sharp knife from a horror movie with type of style 12 inch long & I would suggest a bread knife for this task...

Remove the pot from the over grown root ball :green_heart:

You take your bad arse bread knife in your best hand & sliver away about 5mm of root all away around & perhaps a little more from the bottom to gently repack with fresh soil/compost, water in well or use any additive for stressed plants if you so wish to do so.

The method describe above is called repotting.

Yes & as drastic as sounds with the horror movie psycho knife plants do survive that sort of physical abuse & grow new roots :thumb:

OR YOU COULD TRY AIR POTS.

Yup these lil beautys do this thing called air root pruning, how cool is that.

The most important thing about growing weed in my estimation is to not care about my weed so much. I don't go for fancy pots and expensive setups. I use dollar store waste baskets and cheap thin black pots. I reuse my soil, I don't measure my nutes just eyeball, I don't follow a strict schedule. I don't lollypop them or sometimes I do. Sometimes I thin them, sometimes I don't. I don't care about ppm, don't own a ph pen, (I borrowed one about 3 years ago to test my tap water when I first started, that's where my science ended). It's all about feel to me. I'm not worried about my processes or my outcomes. Weed is like Doritos, we'll grow more!

The most important thing about growing weed in my estimation is to not care about my weed so much. I don't go for fancy pots and expensive setups. I use dollar store waste baskets and cheap thin black pots. I reuse my soil, I don't measure my nutes just eyeball, I don't follow a strict schedule. I don't lollypop them or sometimes I do. Sometimes I thin them, sometimes I don't. I don't care about ppm, don't own a ph pen, (I borrowed one about 3 years ago to test my tap water when I first started, that's where my science ended). It's all about feel to me. I'm not worried about my processes or my outcomes. Weed is like Doritos, we'll grow more!
I do like to go with the standard style of nursery pot just because they can stack nicely and out of the way. The only fancy pots I use are the decorative ones for flowers on the porch.

I do measure the nutrients but not very scientifically. If it is a liquid I measure the cap and write that down with one of those marker pens. If the cap measures to 7ml and the bottle says to use one ounce per gallon then that is 7 caps, close enough. Some caps are 5 ml. A little basic math needed for half gallon or 1 gallon containers but it can be done in the head.

don't own a ph pen, (I borrowed one about 3 years ago to test my tap water when I first started, that's where my science ended).
Everyone should have an idea of where their tap water is at. I have checked mine many times for the aquariums so I know that it is consistent from season to season unlike the rain water and snow melt.

This ^^^^^^ right here.... Spot on... I have a some extra "fancy" stuff....but I am the same I'm not on a schedule... I don't use pH pens or measure run off, even tho I have the pen.... I don't feed them based on what the bag says I feed them when they start to show they're hungry... The plant can be read like a book no need to over complicate things....pay attention and you'll get everything you need to know.

But yup I find that just growing and having fun with the plants is the most important part....yea being able to enjoy your fruits of your effort is nice....but just the act of growing and watching them thrive is super satisfying.

And I keep seeing the solo cup grows....I may try one or two soon and check it out... Most I've seen have been bigger than some I've seen in real pots :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom