I'm so done, help me, nothing grows

Attachments

• IMG_20200523_181311162.jpg
    IMG_20200523_181311162.jpg
    659 KB · Views: 52
I guess if your soil was good and the temps are fine, then what about the water or nutrients they're getting, anything that could be amiss there?

is 13 degrees at night too low? some days it's 18, some 15, some 14...

the ONLY thing i can think of that he's doing better than me is watering.

fertilizer i'm using terra canna vega.

so let's talk about watering, let's take the final pot into consideration since that's what he's done and it worked out for him.

let's take my last seed into consideration since there is still time to save it.

final pot, 12 liter pot, with soil and perlite, when i made the pot i watered it a bit, then left it to dry for a few days.

then i put the seed in, it sprouted, i'm only watering slightly around the seed and slowly working my way to the outside of the pot and i water every 1-2-3 days, depends.

i stick my finger in different places in the pot, when the soil feels semi-dry (not completely bone dry) i water.

i do have a moisture meter, but i was advised not to use it, what do you think?

so let's talk about watering, let's take the final pot into consideration since that's what he's done and it worked out for him.

let's take my last seed into consideration since there is still time to save it.

final pot, 12 liter pot, with soil and perlite, when i made the pot i watered it a bit, then left it to dry for a few days.

then i put the seed in, it sprouted, i'm only watering slightly around the seed and slowly working my way to the outside of the pot and i water every 1-2-3 days, depends.

i stick my finger in different places in the pot, when the soil feels semi-dry (not completely bone dry) i water.

Is ur friend growing indoors or out

I grow in containers outside using a home organic living supersoil mix, it even has worms in it. I never check for pH. From your pics, the watering patterns in the pics all appear quite ok to me, that plant stems seem fine, it doesn't look like they are suffering from 'damping off' or similar. If I had to choose one thing to change it would be the soil. Is it made up of a lot of woodchip, if it is, I am a bit wary of soil like that. I prefer the sort of soil that earthworms like.

I grow in containers outside using a home organic living supersoil mix, it even has worms in it. I never check for pH. From your pics, the watering patterns in the pics all appear quite ok to me, that plant stems seem fine, it doesn't look like they are suffering from 'damping off' or similar. If I had to choose one thing to change it would be the soil. Is it made up of a lot of woodchip, if it is, I am a bit wary of soil like that. I prefer the sort of soil that earthworms like.
i was told that as long as you give it fertilizer, you can use just about any soil, just as a medium to hold the roots together...

what soil do you recommend? (not the super expensive big brand ones)

Mine is mix that I cobbled together from other supersoil type recipes and have reused and reamended over the years. I started with one of the more expensive organic soils which my nearby grow shop recommended. But I have added a lot of different amendments to it for what it is now. I can't really relate to branded bags of soil because I have added so much to mine to bring it up to be a 'supersoil' where the plant doesn't require regular feeding.

To me the soil isn't such a high cost item, top quality seems only a few dollars more. To me the various amendments are a lot more expensive. Altho some last of them last for years, but nonetheless I feel at least this way I know what goes into the soil. Of course if you don't do that you presumably have to pay for nutrients to feed the 'dead soil' and those are also expensive.

i was told that as long as you give it fertilizer, you can use just about any soil, just as a medium to hold the roots together...

what soil do you recommend? (not the super expensive big brand ones)
No, no, no, no, no! First, you are not growing in soil once you add perlite. You are using a media. If your media is not the correct pH, porosity, buffering ability,water holding ability, etc. you are in trouble. I've used store bought medias that absoluty sucked. Get good media, get good lights, water when near dry, and soak when you do. It's a weed!

No, no, no, no, no! First, you are not growing in soil once you add perlite. You are using a media. If your media is not the correct pH, porosity, buffering ability,water holding ability, etc. you are in trouble. I've used store bought medias that absoluty sucked. Get good media, get good lights, water when near dry, and soak when you do. It's a weed!
lights?

does perlite change the ph of soil?

Back
Top Bottom