Immature clones starting to flower! What did I do wrong?

RobTheKnob

I have four hybrid clones of different variety. Bought them from a dispensary. They were in small grow bags. Transplanted them to pots to let their legs stretch before putting them in the ground come May. However, they are ALL starting to flower! This has never happened to me before. (Been growing for four years)

How did this happen, and what does it mean for this years crop? Are these plants now "toast"? Will I have to go get new plants if I want a decent crop come October? Please help! I need to know what to do with these girls, if I'm going to save them, or if I need to get new plants. I'm stressin' out! Please let me know what, if anything, I can do!

No light cycle, no grow lights. Just sitting in a south-facing window until it's time to plant them. When it was warmer a while back, I was putting them outside to get full sun all day, then putting them back inside in that window for the night. I did leave them out over night a couple nights when it was really warm. I'm thinking maybe the pots/soil got too cold? I dunno. Never heard of "auto-flowers".

Auto flowers are cannabis plants that have been bred to flower regardless of light cycle when they are ready. They are faster flowering plants and usually have much smaller yields. If its not an auto then maybe it wasnt recieving enough light in the window and this caused it to flower, beyond that im unsure of why they would all be doing the same thing.. I think they might be autos. Ask your dispensary and it would make sense to sell auto flowering plants at dispensary because most patients dont have experience growing and autos tend to be a lot easier to grow.

They were probably kept on a 18/6 light cycle when you purchased them. Brought them home and they went into flower with the lack of light. I had to toss 13 clones this year because I had run out of room and could not keep them with enough light. Seems to me that they need at least 12-13 hours of good light or it is going to flower ..

Ohh...that doesn't sound good. So If they're flowering, that's it? I should start shopping for new ones to put in the ground?

Thanks for the replies guys!

Back
Top Bottom