Indoor Durban Poison Clones In Coco, First Time Cloning & Using Coco

So 25 days since transplant into coco, still no coco B nutes so I asked on the coco forum for advice, the consensus is it'll do for now using A as to using nothing. So I have some A mixed at a low dose as per @Barney86 instruction and will feed tonight.

20190627_175041_HDR.jpg
20190627_175026_HDR.jpg
20190627_175012_HDR.jpg

They've been hardening off outside for a few hours a day since we've finally had some decent weather, even without nutes they have stretched a little and have shown some growth.

I am hoping that these clones get a better stretch and can do better than the mother, so I built a mini greenhouse for them to spend sometime in and be in actual sunlight when it's clear out!

20190701_182128.jpg
20190701_182117.jpg

They will still come in at night until they are too difficult to move then I'll flip them into flowering.

I hope this works.

Nice work on the Greenhouse mate. Coming along nicely there. If your B doesn't show up soon you may need to use your hydro a&b for a feed or 2 to keep the plants ticking along.
I agree with Lowie that long term it's not ideal to use in Coco but I have used it in a pinch b4 with no ill effects.
:goodjob:
Thanks, and yes, I've been checking the mail daily, so frustrating, I may bite the bullet and order an individual B bottle on Tuesday.

Happy growing!

Well since their fate seems bleak due to the lack of proper nutes I've decided to name these girls. I've been feeding them coco A, still waiting for coco B.

Thelma and Louise.
Thelma obviously is the taller one.

20190703_225004.jpg

Well look what arrived today in the mail!! It was held, opened and inspected by the border agency!
My clones have survived in coco for 32 days, mostly on water and a few feeds of coco A, so tomorrow they will finally have a proper feed of nutrients!
20190704_121707.jpg

The future looks good now for Thelma and Louise!

Happy growing everyone!

Can I up-pot from those fabric 3 gallon pots to a 5-7 gallon fabric pot also in coco?
Is it quite tedious?
Or can I leave them in these and flip them in a few weeks?
I was considering topping one and LST the other one around the pot just to see how different the yield would be.

You can cut the bottom of the fabric pot off and place it directly on top of a 5/7 gallon with soil/coco..if you plan on veg for a littlebit more.
I would stay in the 3 gallon and Veg for a few more weeks or your liking and flip. You will just have to feed/ water more in the 3gallon.

I was going to top Thelma but I realized that her 4th node is an alternating node.
Are these not good for topping?
Should I just LST her around the pot like I'm trying with Louise?

20190707_164504.jpg

This is what I did to my Bluecookies..she didn't like it at first and yes sometimes I use bread ties to hold her down :thumb::hookah:
That's good, so you'll be tying down the new growth above the top?
That's what I was thinking of trying with Thelma.

Can I up-pot from those fabric 3 gallon pots to a 5-7 gallon fabric pot also in coco?
Is it quite tedious?
Or can I leave them in these and flip them in a few weeks?
I was considering topping one and LST the other one around the pot just to see how different the yield would be.
Yes you can. I repotted from my veg fabrics into my 7gals for my flower a week ago.
This is only what I do and others may disagree but I have no problems ever with my method.
I get my 7gal ready with clay pebbles in the bottom at a depth of 2 fingers. Put a layer of Coco in until at the depth for the incoming pot size, place the pot in place and fill around it with Coco. I remove the pot, dunk it in ph'd water bucket then coax the fabric pot off.
Once off drop my plant in and top up and Pat in place and top off with clay pebbles.
I'm a huge fan of clay top and bottom. Never had channelling or drainage issues since I adopted this year's ago.

Hope my way of doing Coco in fabric pots was helpful.

So it's best to wait til you have alternating nodes to top? Here's what I'm looking to top. I've never done it before so that's why I was reading on it
No, I have alternating nodes because mine is a clone, clones grow alternating nodes, if you grew yours from seed they won't have alternating nodes.

Yes you can. I repotted from my veg fabrics into my 7gals for my flower a week ago.
This is only what I do and others may disagree but I have no problems ever with my method.
I get my 7gal ready with clay pebbles in the bottom at a depth of 2 fingers. Put a layer of Coco in until at the depth for the incoming pot size, place the pot in place and fill around it with Coco. I remove the pot, dunk it in ph'd water bucket then coax the fabric pot off.
Once off drop my plant in and top up and Pat in place and top off with clay pebbles.
I'm a huge fan of clay top and bottom. Never had channelling or drainage issues since I adopted this year's ago.

Hope my way of doing Coco in fabric pots was helpful.
Thank you, yes, I forgot about building around the small pot, I did that with soil, makes it easier to drop in the plant, guaranteed proper size hole.

Back
Top Bottom