Indoor Durban Poison Clones In Coco, First Time Cloning & Using Coco

Well this morning the girls have shown me their roots, both plants have some poking out of the lower 1 gallon pots, I should have uppotted a few days ago. A rookie error in judgement.

20190721_121712.jpg
20190721_121654_HDR.jpg

Thelma and Louise before they move into new homes.
20190721_121757.jpg

Louise gets moved first, not an easy task, I hope they survive the shock.

20190721_135712_HDR.jpg

Thelma has moved, they are both now in recovery, no visitors until they show signs of full recovery.

Overhead shot.
20190721_141349_HDR.jpg

Front view.

20190721_141339_HDR.jpg

Good luck girls, get well.

:morenutes:

Hey brother! Awesome job on the transplant :bravo: it's really not always easy transplanting a fabric pot.
When transplanting did you have a good root ball towards the bottom - or was it more a couple roots that shot down quickly and tried to break through the bottom of the pot?
I find in coco sometimes the roots move so quickly the shoot down to the bottom of the pot really fast - once the tip of the root breaks through the fabric it actually gets air-pruned and then starts shooting out more roots higher up the root.
So sometimes as soon as we see a root shoot out we want to transplant but i usually give it another week or so after getting a root through the fabric like that. Hope that makes sense, i'm super stoned! :rofl:
They're looking really great bro! Healthy plants :morenutes:

Hey brother! Awesome job on the transplant :bravo: it's really not always easy transplanting a fabric pot.
When transplanting did you have a good root ball towards the bottom - or was it more a couple roots that shot down quickly and tried to break through the bottom of the pot?
I find in coco sometimes the roots move so quickly the shoot down to the bottom of the pot really fast - once the tip of the root breaks through the fabric it actually gets air-pruned and then starts shooting out more roots higher up the root.
So sometimes as soon as we see a root shoot out we want to transplant but i usually give it another week or so after getting a root through the fabric like that. Hope that makes sense, i'm super stoned! :rofl:
They're looking really great bro! Healthy plants :morenutes:
Yes that makes total sense, and I actually forgot about the air pruning!
It was a few that grew out of the bottom of the pot, so waiting a week would have been better, oddly enough it was the initial plan.
Oh well, so far so good they seem to have survived it.

After transplant I knew they'd take a few days to recover but it sure seemed like they stopped growing, so yesterday I upped the feed from 1 litre a day to 1500 ml and the girls responded and are awake with some stretching growth!
Feeds have been at half the recommended strength.

20190728_131039.jpg

They are now officially out of transplant recovery, time to grow!

Lst update, Thelma was topped, she's bushier, Louise wasn't topped, she's been trained to go around the pot, with the new growth seemingly overnight I can start getting her going around.

20190728_160548.jpg

Now that I see some good growth I don't think I'll flip them next week, I'll see how much more growth in a week with the new feeding amounts.
Hopefully they start to really take off.

Looks like they're loving the new pots bro! :morenutes: Definite growth coming through now!
I like what you're doing with the one taking her around the pot. Here in South Africa a lot of guys are using a similar training technique to open their plants up using the OG Spring - google it and check it out. It's super fun to use, but you can get the same result doing what you're doing. I'd veg them a good 2-3 more weeks as they're showing great potential! :yahoo:

I'll check that out @irie lion and thanks, I was worried for the whole week, they looked liked they stopped growing
Today I pinned down the 2 lowest nodes on Thelma, nodes? Well the 2 lower sites that now have their own 3 nodes. I'll definitely be taking this week by week now to determine the flip date.

Happy growing.

The lowest nodes that have their own growth now has their own set of 3 nodes so I pinned those down as well.

20190730_153500_HDR.jpg

Nice bro, loads of new growth! :yahoo:

The girls are in the church of the Sun! Finally some sunshine in this dismal summer! We had more sunshine in April and May than we're having in June and July!

20190801_131859_HDR.jpg
20190801_131318_HDR.jpg

Reach for the sun ladies!

Happy looking ladies, loving the sun! :yahoo:

nice looking start, just got caught up on your thread yo! let the sun shine on you...crazy diamond...
what size are those cloth pots?
They are 3 gallon pots, I would have gone into 5's but space is limited for this grow hence the training.

I'll be investing in a proper tent this month after this big pay comes in, I recently finished a large contract.

I have 2 more seeds waiting to be dropped, an auto that will be my first dwc attempt and a gift seed that will be delivered soon.

Happy growing!

ok i did read the 3 gallon...just ordered the 10 gallon version and transplanting on tuesday if all goes according to plan...bought some black earth, composted manure and garden soil that i've used so far.
stay classy
Right on, they are going to love the leg room!

Happy growing!

Training update, Thelma is bushing out nicely, I just pinned down 2 more growths mid way along the main, and Louise as well had 2 growths pinned down because they were all about 2 nodes and growing. Louise is still getting some length to continue around the pot.

20190810_202531.jpg

I'm just tucking and pinning fan leaves too so they aren't blocking possible bud sites, since I've never done this type of training I'm wondering about trimming fan leaves at this point?

:morenutes:

Looking good my friend :high-five: they are growing well.
since I've never done this type of training I'm wondering about trimming fan leaves at this point?
If you feel it's covering growth i'd go ahead and remove it. The training i'm doing lately has me removing a lot of healthy leaves covering potential new growth.

Back
Top Bottom