Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Excellent share SmokesDaKush! I know I appreciate your honesty as well as others will.

Just occurred to me that I never answered the strains question myself.

My first oil back in May/April was made with White Widow and Master Kush buds. I had started first with tincture and made a LOT of it. LOL
I converted the tincture to oil, and that's what I started my regimen with.

I have other strains growing now and some more seeds ready to germ for the next grow, experimenting with what does and does not help. However, I will keep the White Widow and Master Kush going because I know it worked for me. I have since crossed the two strains, but have not made oil with it yet.

:)

Great topic, Cannafan! I don't know much about pro-biotics, but was suggested that I look into that the other day, and I don't know anything about Kefirs, but thanks for the tip! This topic brought up a lot of thoughts from me, cuz fluids are my friend these days!

Totally never thought of something like that: Lack of saliva due to meds causes other, more serious consequences.

That said, I have had a problem with dry mouth for years, as another pharma i'm on for psych issues causes that. But I've never really taken it seriously.

I have probably always been a person to drink a lot of fluids - thinking back to when I was landscaping, drinking 2+ gal of water a day... never felt better, too.

But my kick, besides then, has recently been anything sweet and light. My problems with nausea have caused me to only be able to tolerate certain beverages in the morning (no food), and usually through midday. I might eat lunch, but usually only one meal a day, and everything else is liquid. So, like I said... fluids are my friends!

In the mornings, all I can "stomach" and think about without feeling more sick for a long stretch was those darn Starbucks Frapuccino coffee drinks with a billion calories (I was drinking a half dozen or so) but they were a God send when I would wake up and start gagging. Getting one of those down - I mean chugging! - was the only thing that settled my stomach. Still don't know how much stress plays into my nausea...

I have since switched to another, cheaper, less caloric solution: 2% milk with Hershey's chocolate in it. Started out buying that in the store, and had gotten all of the morning high calorie/costly drinks down to 1 or 2, then switched to these to save money and having to go to the store.

After 1 or 2 of those, I'll have a couple of cups of coffee (also something that doesn't seem to bother my stomach).

After midday, it's been on to Arizona Teas, like Green Tea (with caffeine, so had to quit that after midday once I realized why I wasn't sleeping well, again...), to their Sweet Tea, with no caffeine but still a bunch of calories (at half a dozen a pop again).

Then, in the last few days, I've discovered something new, that I think will help solve three problems:

1. solving the dry mouth problem with a liquid. period.
2. solving the problem without caffeine or insane calories
3. COST

So, my solution (and it's genius what these people come up with) is to just buy WATER in a jug (my current selection is Ozark), and use these new concentrated, flavored liquids you spray in your drink.

I've got currently: Crystal Light Tropical Coconut, Propel Grape, Mio Strawberry and Kiwi, and Lipton Peach Tea. Yum!

Take a look at these pictures if you're thinking about trying them. They were hard to find, b/c they're small and sometimes hidden, and nobody in the store that I asked knew what I was talking about. (Also, picture of the back of one showing nutrition info)

FullSizeRender6.jpg
FullSizeRender_2.jpg

Cannafan, is what you're talking about basically the same thing but adding carbonation??

Hope this helps!

:peace:

As Darkgreengoo brought up probiotics, I would like to make a suggestion for those of you who might be suffering with inadequate saliva and have turned to drinking Pepsi or other nasty for you sodas, or you just want to get something healthier into your digestive system. I became a Pepsiholic during those years just trying to get my mouth some moisture. I have never been a water drinker, but I have adjusted myself this year on that issue and gave up the pepsi which was not helping the symptoms of my intestines.

Member "Hiker" put a thread up on how to make a probiotic Water Kefir. He flavors it and it's carbonated so you get the satisfaction of a carbonated beverage too. If you are interested in trying it, check out his thread with the how to:

https://www.420magazine.com/communi...ry-probiotic-beverage-lets-share-tips.228432/

I have my Kefir grains on the way and plan to get this going for myself as soon as they arrive.

:circle-of-love:

I have three whites at my disposal currently. A newer White Critical, White Widow & White Widow x Big Bud. According to my database I have 35 different feminized crosses from some 18 different strains, I have yet to try a single one. Again those limitations... :hmmmm:

A follow up. That Pakistan Valley I vaped this morning indeed helped. I took advantage of it and jumped off to go clean one of my rooms out. Maybe a half hour or so in my distention was gone and my stomach was nice and flat. I could still physically feel my colon being spastic but it was not bothering me badly. Hopefull that it's not just because I tried a new strain, so only time will tell.

Hi BW,

Those drinks are very popular, my Uncle who has Diabetes uses those flavored containers. He loves them.

But, not what I'm referring to. The Kefir is actually a fermentation process that contains the necessary bacteria that your digestive system needs.
It can be done with carbonation so you can have that bubbly fix. They are flavored with real fruit sometimes, and a quick search on the net will give all kinds of other ways that people flavor them. They do contain some sugar, but I found someone who also makes them with trivia.

We all know the problem with sugar and your teeth, I'm sure. LOL And the soda pops with their acids. Talk to any dentist and ask them concerning how long it takes one swig of pepsi or Coke acids to actually leave your teeth. My dentist stated that it can linger up to 20 minutes while it eats away at your enamel.

Is the medicine you were referring to "Paroxetine" ? (I might have spelled that wrong, but you will understand if it's close)

I did want to point out something on Probiotics. If you buy them in pill form, the drugstores carry them. Be sure you research just how much of the good bacteria's are listed in them. There are generic and even some well known brands that make great claims, but when you read into how much of the good bacteria such as Lactobacillus (reportedly helps to prevent diarrhea) etc. that you really need to be beneficial to you and how much is actually in the pills....you will be surprised to learn that you to have take more of the pills than you had thought. That can be very costly, this stuff is not cheap.

That's why I'm turning to the Kefir solution. No expense, other than buying the initial start up of kefir grains, and now I can use my own flavoring and know that there will a proper amount of the good stuff I need in it. And, you won't have to use real sugar if you prefer not to do that.

Hope that helps a bit.

I have three whites at my disposal currently. A newer White Critical, White Widow & White Widow x Big Bud. According to my database I have 35 different feminized crosses from some 18 different strains, I have yet to try a single one. Again those limitations... :hmmmm:

A follow up. That Pakistan Valley I vaped this morning indeed helped. I took advantage of it and jumped off to go clean one of my rooms out. Maybe a half hour or so in my distention was gone and my stomach was nice and flat. I could still physically feel my colon being spastic but it was not bothering me badly. Hopefull that it's not just because I tried a new strain, so only time will tell.

:cheer:

Wife is still using the magic bullet smoothies

1/2 cup yogurt with probiotics (acidolpholis)(sp?)
1/2 cup hemp milk
1 sliced banana
4-6 frozen blueberries
2-3 frozen whole strawberries.

One every morning keeps things in check mostly....if she misses a day or even 2 all symptoms hit her like a freight train.

I've been freezing leaves for months now so we can add juicing to the smoothie but for now she will not quit the smoothies as they help greatly.

SmokesDaKush- Really cool to hear about the strain hunt. Unfortunately I don't have that option in my state. I'm definitely doing research on the ones you mention and the effects you get. I'm trying to be as prepared as possible when I move to CO and have access like I would like. Also, I believe my best solution lies with finding the best mix of strains, as you mention.

Best of luck, and def keep us posted on what you find. Thanks also for such a comprehensive post. As well, I respect your interests in not derailing from the Tacking Method, but if you'd like to PM me (is that even possible?) about your own "deviated" path when you have some time, I'm honestly looking for all opinions and experiences I can accumulate.

Cheers & Thanks

I can talk a little about the oil but I don't in no way want to derail it from what amazing work Motoco and his wife have been doing. My current oil dosage is ridiculous and you are on a perfectly acceptable course as it sounds, I would hate to change that.

Keeping the honesty theme going here, I gave tacking at least a solid month of the proper way before I decided to deviate. I feel certain I had a few weeks of constant tacking as well. Of course I just read the comment about it taking two months so perhaps I jumped the gun a little. I still have near daily issues as well so part of me wants to say nothing I've tried has confirmed worked yet. Diversity is the only thing that seems to bring me more closer to consistent results.

For example with the strains, one day they may offer relief by vaping and the next it does nothing forcing me to use a different strain. To be perfectly clear as well, I am not talking about getting "high". To this day I still have not found one that in smokable form will allow me to sleep. So one of the biggest benefactors to me currently is simply having the ability to switch strains. Right now I have an EmDog that has been great for me. It doesn't completely control pain but it really puts me in a good place so that I can better cope with the pain or simply ignore it, "mood management". I've never tried Mazar or any of the Whites yet. I have a CBD Critical Cure right now that helps a little but it's somewhat short lived for me, worked wonders for another though. Said they couldn't feel anything, body was numb and the high kept feeling like it was gonna be really heavy but never went over that edge. I still have a few CBD strains to get to yet as well. Columbian Gold and Jamaican Dream have been great at picking me up when I need it lately. I can discuss more on strains I've tried as the conversation evolves I'm sure. Oh Blue Dream which I did not care for as a smoke was great as a concentrate, I may continue my pheno hunt with this one. I also have it and several others crossed with EmDog so perhaps... If I didn't have such a small limitation for myself I would be putting some serious dents in it.

I have had some nausea feelings but haven't actually gagged or anything like that. Well maybe one time after a cup of earl gray tea but that was an isolated incident. Hopefully it was just a contained stress reaction for you. Your humorous approach is about the best thing you can do to help stay in a positive mindset. I haven't broken anything out of anger in awhile but believe me, I know exactly how you feel. I was in some really dark places awhile back and can occasional slip briefly. It really shredded my life and brought on some other medical issues as well.

I have no problem talking, sharing or gathering intel on the subject. Like I said maybe I can learn something myself.

As I was reading this thread and typing my response I was vaping some Pakistan Valley that I recently harvested. I dare to say this has helped with my coffee pains and I think I have a little high. :high-five:

AWESOME. Definitely let us know how that cross goes when you make oil!

:goodluck:

Excellent share SmokesDaKush! I know I appreciate your honesty as well as others will.

Just occurred to me that I never answered the strains question myself.

My first oil back in May/April was made with White Widow and Master Kush buds. I had started first with tincture and made a LOT of it. LOL
I converted the tincture to oil, and that's what I started my regimen with.

I have other strains growing now and some more seeds ready to germ for the next grow, experimenting with what does and does not help. However, I will keep the White Widow and Master Kush going because I know it worked for me. I have since crossed the two strains, but have not made oil with it yet.

Awesome info!!

:thanks:

Hi BW,

Those drinks are very popular, my Uncle who has Diabetes uses those flavored containers. He loves them.

But, not what I'm referring to. The Kefir is actually a fermentation process that contains the necessary bacteria that your digestive system needs.
It can be done with carbonation so you can have that bubbly fix. They are flavored with real fruit sometimes, and a quick search on the net will give all kinds of other ways that people flavor them. They do contain some sugar, but I found someone who also makes them with trivia.

We all know the problem with sugar and your teeth, I'm sure. LOL And the soda pops with their acids. Talk to any dentist and ask them concerning how long it takes one swig of pepsi or Coke acids to actually leave your teeth. My dentist stated that it can linger up to 20 minutes while it eats away at your enamel.

Is the medicine you were referring to "Paroxetine" ? (I might have spelled that wrong, but you will understand if it's close)

I did want to point out something on Probiotics. If you buy them in pill form, the drugstores carry them. Be sure you research just how much of the good bacteria's are listed in them. There are generic and even some well known brands that make great claims, but when you read into how much of the good bacteria such as Lactobacillus (reportedly helps to prevent diarrhea) etc. that you really need to be beneficial to you and how much is actually in the pills....you will be surprised to learn that you to have take more of the pills than you had thought. That can be very costly, this stuff is not cheap.

That's why I'm turning to the Kefir solution. No expense, other than buying the initial start up of kefir grains, and now I can use my own flavoring and know that there will a proper amount of the good stuff I need in it. And, you won't have to use real sugar if you prefer not to do that.

Hope that helps a bit.

Really, really grateful to all the posters. I'm learning so much about my disorder and remedies... stuff I just haven't had the right words for when Googling to find out much. All of my research was scientific (psychology student), but it was lacking in practical solutions and basic understandings of the disorder. I don't have all of it down now, but I'm learning a lot, so THANKS! :Namaste:

I would like to ask, something that was previously mentioned, how does , if at all, stress play a role in your lives regarding IBS?

I've been evaluating that recently - still relatively new to this disorder - and I have some thoughts, but few conclusions.

Anybody want to chime in?

Hi again BW :)

The system here will not allow members to Private Message until they have reached 50 posts. This is to prevent spammers and such.
The posts have to be content posts too, not posting just to obviously reach enough to get the PM privileges.

Glad you like the info.

You are doing things the smart way, IMHO. Research, ask questions, and get all views and angles. :bravo:

Not sure what a "content post" is lol... I'm literally that new to internet forums and such... lol... I just thought that might be a more comfortable way to share uncomfortable information. I think my intentions are known, so ce la vie... but thanks.

Would love to hear your take on the stress thing if you would like to post some time...

cheers :)

Hi again BW :)

The system here will not allow members to Private Message until they have reached 50 posts. This is to prevent spammers and such.
The posts have to be content posts too, not posting just to obviously reach enough to get the PM privileges.

Glad you like the info.

You are doing things the smart way, IMHO. Research, ask questions, and get all views and angles. :bravo:

Stress was a HUGE factor for me. The more stressed I became, the worse my nausea/gurgling/pain would be. This year I've had to make some tough decisions in order to reduce/eliminate my main stresses. Stress literally can make you sick.

You've probably been to this site before, but it has some info on how IBS interacts with the GI tract, and where stress plays a role:

What is the relationship of stress to IBS? - aboutIBS.org

That should give you a little insight. I'm sure others will help with their own experience.

Not sure what a "content post" is lol... I'm literally that new to internet forums and such... lol... I just thought that might be a more comfortable way to share uncomfortable information. I think my intentions are known, so ce la vie... but thanks.

Would love to hear your take on the stress thing if you would like to post some time...

cheers :)

LOL, let's just say going to a bunch of threads all at once saying "nice grow"..."looks good"...with nothing else in the post would be considered no content.

Your posts are always good content. ;-)

Oh, I meant to say earlier when discussing dietitians that the very first thing she concentrated on was the foods and drinks I was consuming that contained "Fructose". That was something I had to eliminate from my diet right away.

After I got sick I moved back in with mom and dad and have noticed that the home situation affects my stomach. Last December I spent 2 weeks at a friends house at the beach, chilling, worry free, having a good time and eating stuff that normally I couldn't eat. I had no problems.

A few days after I got back home; loose in the caboose all over again. Nothing really worked until I started having Metamucil.

After I got sick I moved back in with mom and dad and have noticed that the home situation affects my stomach. Last December I spent 2 weeks at a friends house at the beach, chilling, worry free, having a good time and eating stuff that normally I couldn't eat. I had no problems.

A few days after I got back home; loose in the caboose all over again. Nothing really worked until I started having Metamucil.

Metamucil is a great supplement for fiber and really works well on some people. Family members of my own use it on a regular basis, and it also helps control the cholesterol.
It didn't work for me, mainly because my system couldn't decide from one day to the next whether I would be stopped up like cement or pouring liquid. But I keep it here, because where I am now (regular) I can use it for the cholesterol help and the needed fiber.

:thumb:

Yeah I can relate... I had to move back in with the 'rents when I got sick and had surgery (unrelated, a couple of years ago) and I've been thru that, thru recovery, back to work, then back to being sick, but this time with this ballyhoo. So I've had a lot of stress, let's just say that.

And, I have a pretty terrible relationship with my pops, and we live under the same roof, and blah blah shoot myself dead...

So, I can literally talk to him on the phone, listen to his blah blah blah and begin having problems. It has been that freaking clear. I would add, up until recently - I've learned about mindfulness and my normal reactions to abnormality.

But also, I've realized that what percolates in my subconscious plays a part in my conscious levels of stress. I won't even realize something is bothering me until it bubbles through to my forebrain and I think about it... "back-seat innn mo-tion" (some 50's song I can't place at the moment) lol...

Gotta laugh or cry man... I was thinking about returning to work. I'm on the computer submitting resumes at 7am, knowing it may not even be possible. But I try.

So, yeah... stress was, for a while, for me the biggest factor to look into.

Then I started having problems when I had no stress at all. It was confusing. I thought I had it all narrowed down to that one factor, then I would have symptoms with no clear cause. That, my friends, was an unfortunate turning point in how i viewed this thing. Then i got serious.

So... here's where I've been since the last paragraph: finding out that I will not have access to any meds for oil or vaping or nothing... for a week... when i've been having problems but for the last few days with meds... so i can go one of three ways:

1. just plain cry out of fear
2. get on f'g craigslist and seek like a total numb nuts
3. or... i'm putting my eggs into this basket... take it as a week to try out all this pro-biotics, etc. and see if that works independently from the cannabis. consider it a trial run.

I swear to Whatever... There are so many jacked up things about this situation...

"The Present is a Gift" Right?

Thanks, Cannafan. No, I have not seen that site. Come to think of it, I am really freaking new to *treating* this disease/disorder(/curse!).

But, that said, that is great to confirm. It's nothing different that what I expected to read, but my whole thing is that sometimes I just need validation. I don't always trust myself (long story). So, thanks for confirming :)

It's interesting that the article talks about stress b4 18 can be a precursor for IBS. I had a ton of stress growing up - heck, all my damn life, but recently, and I think you touched on this, I've *HAD* to make changes or I was going to put a bullet in my head. All the problems in life, who needs IBS???

So, this serves as a good reminder to be kind to myself. I forget that too often.

Stress was a HUGE factor for me. The more stressed I became, the worse my nausea/gurgling/pain would be. This year I've had to make some tough decisions in order to reduce/eliminate my main stresses. Stress literally can make you sick.

You've probably been to this site before, but it has some info on how IBS interacts with the GI tract, and where stress plays a role:

What is the relationship of stress to IBS? - aboutIBS.org

That should give you a little insight. I'm sure others will help with their own experience.

Thank you! All good info.

Two questions:
- Do you "tack" with your cannabis, or otherwise? Regimen? Results?
- Did taking out your gallbladder have any deleterious effects?

Thanks!

I have had no negative effects at all. I read so many horror stories, but most of them are from hypocondriacs. So few people have problems, but they are also the ones who complain the loudest. It has literally been night and day in terms of the difference.

My GI basically said IBS is a label doctors give when they don't know what is wrong. They are not sure if what we know as "IBS" is 100 different issues, or one. Every person is different. Often you will find in the medical community, they put labels on things they don't understand, just so they can act like they are "diagnosing" something. The same goes for fibromyalgia. It is just a term they give to people who experience constant pain they can't explain, but know is occurring.

My Gallbladder looked fine. It didn't seem inflamed, wasn't diseased, and I ate an extremely healthy diet. He said he has seem people suffering similar to me, and improved when it was removed. He took it out, and within two weeks I have improved significantly.

I used Cannabis to get rid of my nausea, and help me eat since I never felt like eating before. As I said, it was labeled as IBS, but for whatever reason, removing my gallbladder helped. I also drank tons of water, didn't drink and ate a healthy diet. I took probiotics as well.

Cannabis didn't "cure" it, but it made it bearable until my surgery.

Back
Top Bottom