Is it even worth keeping this going?

MGD420

Auto that has been going for over 3 months, doesnt seem to be progressing any further.
Is it even worth keeping this thing going or would it be better to just chop it down and start over.
Had to remove everything lower down as the leaves were yellowing and it would have amounted to nothing but larf due to the twnt being overcrowded

20231102_110112.jpg
20231102_110125.jpg
20231102_110131.jpg

What’s up MGD?

Full disclosure I grow photos… and suck at autos but there you have it…anywho!

She looks bad ass, like a really top notch chonky girl. But she has lot of fresh pistils still.…

Goodness knows their main function at this point is to shake their tailfeathers until they attract a mate and get knocked up. She can hang here for days and yes vertical growth is not really happening like before but she is ripening and adding bulk. Pistils come in waves and after the majority of the pistils turn dark and crinkle in that’s the point at which the individual calyxes swell up and start putting on fresh pistils around each calyx… then it’s lather, rinse, repeat, merely a delay tactic but her number is coming up fast.

Of course if it is an auto then the ruderalis side means she’s born with impending toe tag of death / no hope of reveg. Maybe kick her in the arse with 10 on 14 off

How is she drinking? Maybe staggered harvest? Chop half and reevaluate in a week?

edit to add looks a bit young for my taste but lets see what other replies come in…

Hi one of my autos grew like this I had to take it down a little early the smoke is ok but not the best. If I was u I would give it time I had 3 of the same strain they all grew different the others are real tasty. Here is a pic of the plant the second pic is different to the first pic. Both was the same strain grew at the same time
IMG_20230915_125156 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20230918_124051 - Copy.jpg

What’s up MGD?

Full disclosure I grow photos… and suck at autos but there you have it…anywho!

She looks bad ass, like a really top notch chonky girl. But she has lot of fresh pistils still.…

Goodness knows their main function at this point is to shake their tailfeathers until they attract a mate and get knocked up. She can hang here for days and yes vertical growth is not really happening like before but she is ripening and adding bulk. Pistils come in waves and after the majority of the pistils turn dark and crinkle in that’s the point at which the individual calyxes swell up and start putting on fresh pistils around each calyx… then it’s lather, rinse, repeat, merely a delay tactic but her number is coming up fast.

Of course if it is an auto then the ruderalis side means she’s born with impending toe tag of death / no hope of reveg. Maybe kick her in the arse with 10 on 14 off

How is she drinking? Maybe staggered harvest? Chop half and reevaluate in a week?

edit to add looks a bit young for my taste but lets see what other replies come in…

Hey 013. Hope your doing well.

She's been stuck like this for around 2 maybe 3 weeks. I might try changing the light cycle from 24 to 10/14 - 12/12 and see if that makes any difference as I've heard of some auto's having less of the ruderalis gene and occasionally need persuading with a change in light cycles.

She's a greedy girl, drinks way more than the other plants did. Was the runt out of all the plants and was stunted at the beginning but ended up the tallest plant with biggest roots and chunkiest stalk.

Yea I wouldn't say she is ready to harvest yet either. Too many pistils. Just seems like she's going forever.

Hi one of my autos grew like this I had to take it down a little early the smoke is ok but not the best. If I was u I would give it time I had 3 of the same strain they all grew different the others are real tasty. Here is a pic of the plant the second pic is different to the first pic. Both was the same strain grew at the same time
IMG_20230915_125156 - Copy.jpg
IMG_20230918_124051 - Copy.jpg

I had 2 northern lights, 1 do si dos and the one that's still.going is a barney's critical kush.

I'll let it go another couple of week's and if there's still no progress I think I'll just chop it as I have some mephisto genetics I want to get going.

Yellow leaves are usually a sign of nitrogen deficiency. Did it get cold where you are?

The temps in the tent have always been in the mid 20's. Where I am it is starting to get cold though but I think the yellowing was more due to lack of light with the plant being squashed in between 3 other plants and the corner of the tent. I didn't think this plant would pull through so planted another and ended up with 4 plants in a 2x4 grow tent lol

No. Way. This plant looks great.. Some of the ugliest plants produce the best smoke, and this one looks like a world champ.

Ride it out.. There’s plenty of autos around here that go 120-150 days.. especially if it’s an XL or XXL

No. Way. This plant looks great.. Some of the ugliest plants produce the best smoke, and this one looks like a world champ.

Ride it out.. There’s plenty of autos around here that go 120-150 days.. especially if it’s an XL or XXL

To be fair I'm almost sure the first lot of barney's I done went around 120+ days and turned into monsters with colas as thick as a 500ml soda can so will let this one go another 2 or 3 weeks and see if there's any progress.
My ass is nipping to get the mephisto's going that's probably why I'm getting a bit impatient

Back
Top Bottom