Is Something Eating My Plants?

Gorgar

Growing 2 Blue Dreams in a coco/perlite Hempy bucket and switched to flower a little less than a week ago.

While pruning fan leaves on one plant yesterday, I saw some holes and what look like nibbles on some of the outer edges. Today I saw the same thing on the other plant.

This is only on a handful of pruned leaves and I can't visibly see anything. From looking around, it seems like if it is anything it possibly could be caterpillars?

I've not had any experience with pests yet, so any idea would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

bd2_pest02.jpg

bd2_pest01.jpg

I get some fan leaf damage because I have fairly strong fans blowing and they rub leaves together often.
This doesn't look like that sort of damage.
I'd bet caterpillar if I were forced to bet. It could be a leaf hopping creature of some sort.
I keep a Hot Shot No Pest strip hanging at all times.
When I develop a problem, I usually treat with some pyretherin based product from the local big box store. If it's spider mites, I go nuclear. If it's a lingering moth/caterpillar issue, I treat with a BT based product. Neem is a pretty easy protection program product if you have ongoing issues.

Thanks Tead! I'm going to proceed as if it's a caterpillar problem and treat with some BT. After I posted I searched for 'caterpillar problem signs' since a couple of pictures of caterpillar eaten marijuana leaves looked like mine. One of the indications was that there would be poop on some leaves, and when I was pruning today I saw something that I thought was dried coco. It was in the middle of the plant and I've got no idea how coco would have gotten there, so maybe it really was some droppings.

Back
Top Bottom