Is this 600w LED enough for 1 or 2 plants?

scottyitsk

Hey guys...

First time grower here... this is my very first attempt, so I apologize if my little grow closet is messy or not set up correctly... so critique away if you see any concerns. I have just been letting the plant do the talking for me :)... BTW... this is a seed I got out of a grinded PEACH TRAIN WRECK bud !!!!! Go figure... turned out to be a female... she sure is a furry little girl. (indica dom)

My real concern is if my light has enough TRUE wattage to have good harvests... if not.. i would like to purchase more or one larger light. My grow space is approx 4ft wide x 3 1/2ft deep x 6 ft tall.

I let her veg till she was about 15 inches tall, and I split her top once.... I have just switched to true flower about 2 weeks ago (3 weeks but 1 week of transition). I have been feeding her ESPOMA Starter bio plus with occasion 1/4 doses of super thrive.

Anywho.. here she is 2 weeks into true flowering... I think she is looking good for an indica dom... please critique away... hoping that this light is strong enough for a good harvest... things seem to be going well! She is about alittle over 3 ft.

Let me know what you all think :)

Boy oh boy...60W is now equivalent to 600 ???

Based on the fact that the lamp is equal to 1/2 the actual power of an old Mars 300 and the fact that one Mars 300 is barely adequate for a single plant...Good Luck!

So im guessing that the light isn't good enough for good harvests ?

I wasn't aware of the actual wattage rule until after I purchased it.

I'm sorry for sounding like an ass, but I really wanted to emphasize the amount of disinformation that someone who is trying to make an informed purchase has to navigate.
When it comes to growing cannabis indoors, being able to know how much light energy that the plant has available is vital for consistent growth. I like to think of that metric being the same as knowing much nutes I give to the plant. I think that a more accurate and comparable unit for PAR(photosynthetically active radiation) is PPF(photosynthetic photon flux) measured in micro moles(umole) of photons. An analogy is PPF describes how 'much' energy the light makes. The other metric that's useful in choosing a light is PPFD(photosynthetic photon flux density) which gives you an idea of how well the fixture spreads out the energy(photons) the light produces. It's important to understand that PPF is fixed as long as the amount of power is the same but PPFD will change depending on the distance to the source.

and back to the original question...

The 10-12 sq ft of area you're trying to light will need at least 30 watts/sq ft when using most commercially available led fixtures. For the area you have I would want 300 watts actual consumption to get optimum light levels.

and back to the original question...

The 10-12 sq ft of area you're trying to light will need at least 30 watts/sq ft when using most commercially available led fixtures. For the area you have I would want 300-400 watts actual consumption to get optimum light levels.

Good info to give, too bad it is too late eh? I have a couple Mars reflectors, and built a couple cobs and added a few more leads to suppliment. I think I have 700 or 800 w in my 4x6. Wish I had a bit more to be honest... more is always good!

I can always add supplimental lighting... but have to watch the heat in there... at it already is hitting 75 degrees in there. What would you suggest I add?

I have precisely the same issue. It was either reduce the area I could work with or use a more efficient diode. Watts are watts-either heat or light. The goal is making more light and less heat from that watt.

Vipar Leds are very effective in what they do, I use one myself.

I have zero experience with vipar, but my mars don't increase my heat at all really. My temp max is near 80. It isn't a big deal at all at 75 at don't think. Some increase Temps to mid 80s to add co2, I believe they don't really use the added co2 unless Temps are above 80. If you were in the 90 plus range I would say add alot more ventilation or ac.

Hey guys...

First time grower here... this is my very first attempt, so I apologize if my little grow closet is messy or not set up correctly... so critique away if you see any concerns. I have just been letting the plant do the talking for me :)... BTW... this is a seed I got out of a grinded PEACH TRAIN WRECK bud !!!!! Go figure... turned out to be a female... she sure is a furry little girl. (indica dom)

My real concern is if my light has enough TRUE wattage to have good harvests... if not.. i would like to purchase more or one larger light. My grow space is approx 4ft wide x 3 1/2ft deep x 6 ft tall.

I let her veg till she was about 15 inches tall, and I split her top once.... I have just switched to true flower about 2 weeks ago (3 weeks but 1 week of transition). I have been feeding her ESPOMA Starter bio plus with occasion 1/4 doses of super thrive.

Anywho.. here she is 2 weeks into true flowering... I think she is looking good for an indica dom... please critique away... hoping that this light is strong enough for a good harvest... things seem to be going well! She is about alittle over 3 ft.

Let me know what you all think :)
I could grow 6 huge plants under that type of lighting easily

Back
Top Bottom