Is this benign, or is it mold?

Zafu

Good day all,

I've completed (harvested) my 4th season of outdoor growing. I harvest, wash and hang in garage until near ready for placing in jars, at which point I begin trimming. While Trimming my Blue Widow last night, I noticed white type layers generally on the underside of the heavy buds. At first I thought it may be mold, as it rained a week prior to harvest and we all know what that can do to large buds if we aren't lucky. However, since this is a strain of blue berry crossed with white widow, I'm also thinking it's simply a look, or trait of the strain. If you can take a look at my pics below and weigh-in, I'd really deeply appreciate it.

In the first picture taken with my phone of the bud, it's the white coating easily seen towards the bottom of the bud that I'm referencing, though it's in other places as you can see. I also used my microscope camera to take more close-up type pics.

Thank you !!

Zafu

Attachments

• Blue Widow.jpg
    Blue Widow.jpg
    184.2 KB · Views: 180
  • Pic 1.JPG
    Pic 1.JPG
    499.4 KB · Views: 178
  • Pic 2.JPG
    Pic 2.JPG
    547.6 KB · Views: 180
  • Pic 3.JPG
    Pic 3.JPG
    548.7 KB · Views: 172
honestly can't tell if i see anything wrong.
to me they look ok. can't see anything covering the trichs.

It's easier to see in-person, but if you look at the first pic of the bud, the white coating I'm referring to is easiest to see at bottom of the bud. just above the very bottom of the V

If you look at the closeup shots, it's the white strands. I pray it is nothing, but because it is a bit different and on the inner side of the huge buds when I pull them off the branch, I just want to be sure.

Thank you.

Zafu

Hey brothe
It's easier to see in-person, but if you look at the first pic of the bud, the white coating I'm referring to is easiest to see at bottom of the bud. just above the very bottom of the V

If you look at the closeup shots, it's the white strands. I pray it is nothing, but because it is a bit different and on the inner side of the huge buds when I pull them off the branch, I just want to be sure.

Thank you.

Zafu
hey brother, I have similar stuff going on outside, have you found any little worms? They like to get in your nugs right by the stem and make a nest. I have been smashing the little bastards all week.

Hey brothe
hey brother, I have similar stuff going on outside, have you found any little worms? They like to get in your nugs right by the stem and make a nest. I have been smashing the little bastards all week.

Sorry to hear this Enjoil. I hope the majority can be saved. Worms and insects aren't my issue thank goodness. I had a very clean grow this season. I was just suspicious that the rain and incredible density of the buds may have produced some slight mod inside the buds; but I'm still not sure if that's the case, or if that "white" stuff I reference is simply part of the herb and not harmful. Fortunately, this question mark is only around the Blue Widow. The Purple Kush, Royal Thai, Aphrodite and Columbian Gold shows no such question marks. This was a wonderful grow overall.

Peace,

Zafu

Back
Top Bottom