I think that around 70% of the pistols are amber, but i don’t have a microscope, so i’m not really able to see if the trichromes are turning amber. Do you guys think this is necessary?

95F40E57-6E8E-4BD3-B196-9FBC14AC98F1.jpeg

3ADB427E-E1D6-48BE-8B42-FFA0DCF94B3A.jpeg

C4ABB515-02B4-40B0-BC5E-FAAAB9BA8DA0.jpeg

You can buy a jewelers loupe for 10-20 bucks.. Warning though, you’ll need a steadier hand than I have. I have a slight shake in my hands and it’s hard to hold steady so a loupe doesn’t help me very much. I did however buy a set of iPhone camera attachments that attach to my phones camera. There is a micro and macro lense both that make it really easy to take pictures like this
75D80278-83D9-4B32-9746-DEF559C26ED8.jpeg

I just set my phone on the tripod it came with and attach the lense and I can get that close.. You can still see my slight shake in the image as I try to hit the button cuz I lost the remote for it lol. I believe the attachments were only 15-20 bucks themselves. I would prefer to use a loupe but I can’t hold steady enough for it so this is the next best thing. Pictures I can just look at

When you still have white pisitls it is still too early. I don't even start checking trichomes until they all darken and crinkle in. Then I start checking and it is grower's choice of when to harvest based on what effect you want. Mostly cloudy = up, energetic high, more amber = more couchlock.
I take mine down earlier than most, some clear/cloudy - no amber
I'd be thinking a week of plain water now, though I do use a finishing agent too
Good points.

It is a not a special plant that is unlike any other on the planet.

It is not magical no matter what some from the 60s and 70s think. Like any other plant it needs water, some place for its roots to call home, light, air and the right temperatures. The more of the basics that the grower becomes familiar with the easier it is to grow this plant.
If there’s anything we’ve learned about this plant it’s that it wants to grow lol. It wants to exist, and there’s as many ways to grow it as there are strains.

On topic, Idk if autos are the same, I assume they are but, when a photo plant is ready for harvest it will stop consuming large volumes of water. I use the pistils and water consumption as a sign of whether or not my plant is ready for harvest. The trichomes are a fall back or confirmation method but even then I’m not really concerned with what they look like if my plant has stopped drinking and my pistils are no longer white. There’s tons of ways to cultivate our plant, and what works for me may not work for you, find what makes you confident.
Do you guys thing she’s ready?

image.jpg

image.jpg

Back
Top Bottom