Is this the beginning of the flowering stage?

4me2kn0

I think these ladies have just started flowering. First time grower here so any info on what I need to change now that they've reached this point. They are 1 month old autos. I already lowered humidity down to about 55%.

20230121_214552(0).jpg

20230121_214552.jpg

20230121_214546.jpg

I am an outdoor grower myself, but that plant is throwing pistils so it's a girl and on it's way to flowering.
Altho, I am not quite sure when exactly flowering is considered to start. From the first sign of pistils can seem too early, I tend to think around when 'budset' is reached, when the first flourish of pistils start to show at the ends of future colas. I think once flowering is underway, any nutrient regime should be changed from veg to bloom. It is probably worthwhile trying to find someone's grow journal who is using a similar grow set up as yourself. Personally, I grow in organic living soil and only occasionally top dress. Good luck.

Yes they are in flower. A single or pair of white pistils indicate pre flower. What you have are clusters of pistils which is an indication of flowering. Now is when you would start your count of weeks to finish if you knew flowering time of that particular strain.

Yes they are in flower. A single or pair of white pistils indicate pre flower. What you have are clusters of pistils which is an indication of flowering. Now is when you would start your count of weeks to finish if you knew flowering time of that particular strain.
I read that this strain "Rhino Ryder auto" is 9 weeks from seed to harvest and I've also read its 9-10 weeks flowering so I'm really not sure which one it is.

I read that this strain "Rhino Ryder auto" is 9 weeks from seed to harvest and I've also read its 9-10 weeks flowering so I'm really not sure which one it is.
It is confusing sometimes. Each seed seller or on-line site seems to have their own wording to explain the cycle from seed to harvest. I looked at North Atlantic Seed, Leafly, and one called Grow Diaries. All three website were pretty much saying 4 to 5 weeks for vegetating and another 4 to 5 weeks for flowering. So, an 8 to 10 week grow cycle--start to finish.;)

Hey @4me2kn0 , and welcome to the forum!

Zigzag is right, but I would write it another way...

Bracts on both sides of a node with 2 white stigmas (hairs) coming out of each is the sign of pre-flower of the female plant. What you have are clusters of bracts at the top of the plant, each with stigmas showing, which indicates the start of flowering.

The pistil is made up of the ovule, style, and stigmas. The whole thing is enclosed in the bract, which is like a tiny leaf structure. When we look at a pistil, we are actually seeing the bract with stigmas protruding.

Whether you call it a pistil or a bract, it's a female cannabis flower. :)

Back
Top Bottom