Issue in flowering stage

showstpr

Hey guys, Well my plants have started to show some signs of problems. I cannot pinpoint what the issue is, I am leaning towards nuteburn but It also looks like it could be nitrogen or manganese deficiency . Anyone able to tell what the problem might be? Some of the smaller leaves are drying up and falling off. Im growing in coco and finished week 2 of flower, I still do not see any buds is this an issue?

20160802_154430-min.jpg
20160802_154358-min.jpg
20160802_154318-min.jpg
20160802_154309-min.jpg

:thanks:

Calmag every feed with coco what's is the PH in your runoff

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using 420

I use calmag for every feeding. PH of last runoff was 6.5, I fed with 5.7 PH Water to drop back down to 6, I thought it might be the PH but I figure it might be something else

what nutes are you using. i never water to run off in coco apart from final flush. Set your base nute at 1.4/1.5ec and ph at 5.8. I find ionic coco bloom works great in coco, its a 1 part nute, its cheap and easy to set ec/ppm. you dont need to add cal/mag if you are using coco specific feed, only if you use ro water and then only adjust by 0.1 ec.

I made that mistake of not watering till Run off gave my girls lockout previous grow. My EC and PH are the same readings as they went in works cushty but every1 has there way I know of a few ppl hu don't final flush and say it tastes good

Sent from my HTC Desire 626 using 420

it depends what you are feeding, you should always final flush as you are basically poisoning yourself with chemicals if you dont but it also increases yields and forces plants to finish.

if you are running pure coco you should be feeding everyday, feed until wet but so the pot is light to lift 24 hours later but not completely dry. always water about an hour after the lights come on as plants will be hungry and make the best of nutes at that time, that is if you are handwatering, you can do smaller feeds more often for better results but its a pain in the arse when hand watering. if you water to run off and feed everyday it means your medium remains saturated and o2 levels much lower.

Ive grown thousands and thousands of plants in coco, this is how i do it and always hit a gpw.

Looks to me like a Magnesium Deficiency/Lockout

Here is a cut and past from my notes take off the NPK Resources info.

" Magnesium is a mobile element. In other words, if there is a magnesium deficiency
the plants will take magnesium out of the lower leaves and transport it to the new
growth where it is needed the most.

So magnesium deficiency shows up first as interveinal chlorosis on the oldest bottom
leaves. Magnesium is the central ellement in chlorophyll. and it is actually the magnesium
that makes plants green. So if there is a magnesium deficiency, the veins stay green
but the tissue between the veins turn Yellow."

SOLUTION:
Again from the NPK RAW line

How to tell if you Have a Magnesium Deficiency

" The bottom leaves of your plant
will start to yellow. The yellowing
will be in the leaf tissue and the
leaf veins will remain green.

RAW = soluble RECIPE

Add 1/2 tsp RAW B-VITAMIN
(9% Magnesium) per gallon of
solution. Apply every other
watering to plants with deficiency.

Prevention is the best cure
Apply RAW B-VITAMIN 1 or 2 times a week through times of rapid vegetative
growth, transition from veg to bloom and heavy flower production.
Mix rate - 1/4 tsp per gallon of solution"

I don't see how it could be mag def. Not only do I feed calmag but also foliage spray with Epsom salt...

As for nutes I use a 3 gallon res. With 6mL of Sensei Bloom A +B and a few others (b52, carbon load, big bud, etc.)

I am using botanicare coco, nothing extra, I have been watering daily and feeding every 3 days because I have been worried that the issue was nute burn, what do you guys think is causing it and is it safe to revert to daily feedings?

you could be adding too much cal mag which is causing plant to lock up. with your nutes what else are you adding as it says etc? you shouldnt need to add cal mag with sensi bloom. if you cant get ionic bloom, switch to advanced nutes 3 part ph perfect, its much better and more complete nute.

you should be feeding nutes every feed in coco, its hydroponic media not soil. no need to water at all until flush unless you are pushing real heavy feeds.

There are coco grows in all of my journals, have a flick through and you might get some answers, this is my most recent one.

Cultivator's Perpetual Grows Return

My Current feed:
cal mag
rhino skin
Bloom a + b
Bio root
great white powder
carbo load
b52
bud ignitor
liquiod karma
hygrozyme
bud candy

I added Cal mag in late veg because I had a mag def. So I began foliage spraying once in a while and added Cal mag to my feed regiment. I appreciate everyones input on this, especially you Cultivator.

wow thats some list. you dont need all of that. drop from now to your base nute and start your boost. what boost are you going to use? build it it slowly over the next 2 weeks. you dont need to add carboload and bud candy, they are both sugars and the bud candy will do the job but only add once per week now and stop 3 weeks before harvest. carry on with the hygrozym and stop everything else. far too much going on mate.

I also use alot of additives but not all at once and at different times. ive stopped using bud ignitor as i dont think it benefits for the cost and i used it for years. i know use flower burst from buddhas tree which is much cheaper and more concentrated and goes alot further with better results.

Back
Top Bottom