Jimmy6k First Attempt - Closet Grow

I will be attempting to clone 5 super lemon haze,10 bomb thc,10 barneys vanilla kush and 2 bag seeds.As far as lighting I will use cfls in clone box and T5s and cfls for veg state.Not sure if I want to flower with T5s and cfls for side lighting.Day 1 about 18 hrs after being in machine.
IMG_1850_1_.JPG
IMG_1852_1_.JPG

Here are some pics from last night,would be 7 days in clone machine,I gave them a shot of rapid root Sunday night.I have 3 or 4 that have not started roots,but for first my time,I don't think that's to bad.Who knows maybe they will come around.I will be attempting to do a closet with soil and a closet with dwc.I'm not sure how many and what strain yet,but will have more details tonight, as I have some closets to set up.I do know I will only be vegging under T5's and cfl.Then cfl and hps for flowering.I think a good amount of side lighting is will do great for what I want to do.You might say why 2 set ups on your first grow?I say why not?With the help from the :420: community It will be a great learning experience with both types of set ups.I will be doing some more research.Thinking about a scrog in one of the closets.So I will be updating later tonight with pics.:thanks:
114102.JPG

I have been hard at work on my hydro setup and had a quick question about drippers.I will be using a 16 gal tub with diy drippers.I am using growstones as medium.I can adjust drippers to spray or drip.Not so much a mist but a straight little stream.There are 3 holes on each side of diy dripper pumping water around stem.My question is do I run my pump 24/7 with a drip or small stream,or should I have it on a timer?
IMG_1940_1_.JPG
IMG_1939_1_.JPG
IMG_1938_1_.JPG

Well I ended up with all 5 S.L.H,9 B.V.K and 7 Bomb thc. So I lost 4.I believe they were the ones I was doing some testing on and did not splice or scrape root.The survivors were but in FFOF/FFHF soil mix with only ph water and a dose of rapid root.The lighting I am using as of now is a 4 ft T5, 54w, 6400k, 4 bulb fixture.I will be adding cfls or maybe another T5 when needed.Exhaust is a diy 6 inch vac system.have not decided on what nutes I will be feeding.I have a buddy that is using GH nutes and is doing Ok but could be better.I think! GH nutes are sold local so are easy to get.I would like to go with Blueplanet,simply because it has been proven over and over in many journals I have read and follow.Although BP products are very reasonably,priced just not in budget right now,so Id will be using GH from a buddy.

Jimmy, I recommend either one of my high-yield feeding systems for you. You will do great with either one of them in soil.
Thanks BPN,I took a look a the 2 and 3 part systems.Do they come in a smaller package deal?I'm sure they are well worth the money and I do want to use them but after S/H, its just a little more then I can afford right now.If there is a smaller package I would like to order right away to get these ladys going.Thanks again.:ciao:

Hey Frank,Thanks for joining me.I will need all the help I can get.I know this because when I started this journal I was going to do hydro and soil.Now I want to do some hempys ,so I will put off hydro and start some new clones tomorrow for 6 or 8 ,3 gal hempys.I think?Too much sometimes.:hmmmm:I will be running some light testing on plants in soil now and give to a buddy to finish as I dont have room.I have added 4 23 watt cfls in the closet of 2 different light specs. 2 4100k ,1 2700k,and 1 6400k with my original T5s,6500k.I just want to see how they react to he 4100k mostly.Here are some pics.
112108.JPG
11764.JPG
11922.JPG
121108.JPG

Back
Top Bottom