Jmacs Organic Soil Chem Dawg

jmac420

Hey everybody! I've been growin for a while and i usually keep a writtin journal of all my grows but due to a broken hand I am unable to write. Thought I"d give this a try instead and see how it works out.

Strain: Chem Dawg (GrannyPurps)

Indica/Sativa: Hybrid

Indo/Outdo: Indoor

Soil/Hydro: Organic Soil

Pot Size: 3 gal

Soil Mix: Half FF Ocean Forest and half Outrageous Organics. 2 cups dolemite lime and 6 tblspns of Happy Frog Jump Start mixed well.

Lights:1000 watt hps 1 per 6-10 plants

Room temp: Night 68F Day 75F

January 23, 2012:
Brought home 6 clones of Chem Dawg. Some clones have burn spots on leaves and powdery mildew on others. Not well takin care of. Transplanted into their pots and numbered them 1-6 to moniter growth and final yield. Damaged leaves were on older growth so they were removed if 50% or more of leaf is affected. Soaked them all well in the tub to settle the dirt then put them under the light. Dirt mix has plenty of nutes to sustain for at least 2 weeks. Thats when I'll begin fertalizing. Light was placed 36 inches away from plants for the first day to help prevent shock then it will be lowered to 24 inches. 1000 watts can be that low only if they are well cooled. I also run them at night to keep the room warm on those cold northern cali nights.

Starting Measurements and Comments:
#1) 8 inches #4) 8 inches
#2) 7 inches #5) 9 inches
#3) 11 inches #6) 10 inches

Starting temp and rH. Will be adjusted as need
start2.JPG

Week 1 Day 1
start3.JPG

start11.JPG

January 30 Week 2
Beginning the 2nd week of veg and everythings going good. All signs of transplant shock left after the second day and vigerous growth has begun. Still no nutes and won't untill after the 2nd week is over. No preflowers yet but i think some are developing. Can't start flowering till they appear. Now that rapid growth has started i'm gonna get some dry ice this week and give them some C02. 6lbs of dry ice in a cooler will raise the C02 levels in my room to 2000 ppm for 3-5 days. I'll bump the temp up to 80F to boost the planets metabolism and combined with the C02 and lots of water they should really take off over the next week. Light schedule has been 18/6 day/night during veg. I don't like 24 hours of straight light I believe the plants need to rest. Temp has been pretty consistant but Rh is low(dry winter). Been misting the girls when the light first comes on to increase the rh directly around the them. Ph was out of wack at first but now that the soil has settled the ph has settled also to a nice even 7.0.

Measurements and Comments:
#1) 11" gain of 3" #4) 11" gain of 3"
#2) 9" gain of 2" #5) 11" gain of 2"
#3) 13" gain of 2" #6) 13" gain of 3"

Average gain of 2.5 to 3" pretty good considering transplant time. Also growth was only average upward but leaf growth and bushy growth was very good

CIMG12231.JPG
CIMG12223.JPG
CIMG12211.JPG
CIMG1219.JPG

February 1 Week 2
Got some dry ice today and ready to do an enrichment. Got 6 pounds of ice and put it in a small ice cooler to slow the melt. You can not stop it from melting unless you can compress it and keep it at -40. Put in a cooler to slower to slow it and put it in the room away from the light but some were it can circulate well. Small preflowers have developed and hopefully will allow me to start flowering soon. No nutes but plenty of water due to the increase in temp with the c02. Exhaust fans schedule has been changed to short intervals to trap the c02 in the room and only draw out the old stale air once in a while. Gotta watch the temp and water levels in the next couple of days!

Dry ice
CIMG1249.JPG
CIMG1247.JPG

PreFlowers
IMG-20120201-00157.jpg
IMG-20120201-00156.jpg

I will after the second week I'll try to take some good photos under regular light. I do usually keep my temp between 80 and 90 when i use c02 but about dropping the night temp, i usually only like my night temp to drop 15 degrees or less from the day temp. For example if I'm running at 75 during the day the lowest I'll drop it is 60. A greater than 15 degree dif can stunt growth

February 6 Week 3 Veg
Preflowers are still small and not fully devolped yet so I'm gonna go another week of veg. Odd brown speckles and cupping developed on one and don't know why hopefuly starting the nutes will correct it. As long as it continues to grow and not spread to much I'm not going to worry. Good bushy growth all week just not quite ready for flower. Hosed down the leaves and the soil surface with neem just a preventive measure for mold,soil gnats, and mites. Neems is an all natural and works well but has a funky smell so i like to use it early rather than late and i never spray it on ripe buds. 1/2tspn to 1 quart water bottle with a couple drops of mild dish soap to penetrate the leaf. Gonna start with the nutes next watering but for now I gave a half strength dose of Tiger Bloom just to see how they react.

#1) 14" gain of 3" #4) 16" gain of 5"
#2) 13" gain or 4" #5) 15" gain of 4"
#3) 18" gain of 5" #6) 16" gain of 3"

Good bushy growth and lots of potiental flower points. Some of the girls didn't gain to much height but lots of leaf growth.

3rdweek4.JPG
3rdweek3.JPG
3rdweek1.JPG
3rdweek.JPG
3rdweekpre.jpg

Febuary 7 week3 veg
There was no adverse reaction to the Tiger Bloom to the test girls so I gave a full dose today to the whole gang also with a little CalMag+ due to some wierd brown stipples on the leaves on one and some cupping on others. Still feeling the effects of poor treatment early on. 1/2 gallon water + 1tspn CalMag + 2 tspns Tiger Bloom each girl. Everything else is good. Preflowers have developed nice and its about time to introduce flower soon

Febuary 10th Week3 Day17 Veg
Flushed the girls last night with Clearex and about 2 gals of clean water. With a nice clean slate now gonna start my full feeding cycle. For the rest of Week 3 I'll be using a mix of Grow Big and Big Bloom. Then one time this week once I get it ready will be a heavy dose of casting tea in the soil and foliar. Remember foliar first thing in the morning before the light gets to hot and burns them.

Thanks bro! You can get the dry ice from any supermarket (Safeway, Luckys etc) and its fairly cheap. I pay 15 to 20 bucks for a 5 to 8lb chunck. As far as how it works, theroretically it should work but its very vague. You have to do a bunch of math to calculate out how much you need to fill your room for what amount of time. It doesn't hurt thats for sure and I seem to have luck with it. Sometimes I see growth of up to 3 inches over night! A more exspensive regulator and tanks are probably better but for smaller gardens on a budget it works just fine.:thumb:

Week4 Start of Flower
Fully formed preflowers with 2 little pistles hanging out and some leaves of three means it fun time they're ready to start flowering! Knockin the lights down to 12/12 today and on the next watering will start introducing some the flowering nutes. #1 has been slow and showing some odd cupping of the leaves and yellowing. Other than that all the other girls have grown well this week and look good. Very bushy and if the flowers are as dense as the growth I'll be in good shape. Gonna keep up the Co2 and start to mix up another flowering tea made of bat guano to apply once a week during flower. Gotta be the semi-fosilised guano the new stuff has too much nitrogen for flowering. Enjoy the photo's.

#1) 19" gain of 5" #4) 23" gain of 7"
#2) 21" gain of 8" #5) 23" gain of 8"
#3" 27" gain of 9" #6) 25" gain of 9"

Overall average growth of 8" over an inch a day of growth, not bad. Other than #1 the rest of the girls are doing great

***If anyone knows what is causing the cupping feel free to help me out!

IMG-20120213-00180.jpg

Other than that one the rest are pretty sexy
CIMG12761.JPG

CIMG12781.JPG

CIMG12811.JPG

Fat girl
CIMG12841.JPG

Nice fans
IMG-20120209-001761.jpg

1week 1 day of Flower 5th week of overall growth
After one week of the 12/12 cycle no sign of flowers yet and rapid veg growth hasn't slowed yet. Added another dose of CalMag+ this week and another CO2 enrichment. The girls are looking good and even the small sickly girl has improved alot. Can't wait for flowers!

Week 4 Growth:
#1) 22" gain of 3" #4)31" gain of 8"
#2) 27" gain of 6" #5) 32" gain of 9"
#3) 34" gain of 7" #6) 32" gain of 7"

An average gain of 7" not bad. Should start to taper off soon as flowers develope and the only height gain after that will be cola. True to Indica way they are very squat and bushy.

Look at the fat trunk!
5thfattrunk.JPG

5th6.JPG

5th1.JPG

Fat bushy Indica
5th5.JPG

14 days of Flower 6th week of overal Growth
The girls are being flushed tonight and then gonna start the straight flower nutes. Growth this week shot up again and hopefully they don't have another growth spurt cuz I'm running out of room! They aren't as bushy any more and started to grow upward. Running 5 gals of water through them along with 1/4 oz of ClearEx as well. Next feeding I'll give them a mix of complete nutes along with the flowering stuff then after that only flower nutes till the last flush before harvest.

Week 5 Growth:
#1)27" gain of 5" #4)39" gain of 8"
#2)38" gain of 11" #5)40" gain of 8"
#3)44" gain of 10" #6)40" gain of 8"

An average gain of 8" even though two of them shot up 10 and 11 inches in one week! Nice growth overall except for some lower growth that is suffering from something I can't figure out. Hopefully a good flush will take care of it.

6thflowers2.JPG

6thflowers1.JPG

6th4.JPG

6th1.JPG

18 days Flower
Noticed some lower leaves that had some spots of powder mold on them. They were in the center of the plant and probably weren't getting enough circulation in there. I adjusted the oscalating fan to get some more air flow down there and also hosed them with some 100% organic Neem Oil. Mixed up a batch in a spray bottle and gonna spray them every morning till the bottle runs out. Also gave some through the soil this one time. Should take care of the problem but if it spreads I'll have to try some baking soda. I'll try to post some pics if I can get a good one to show what it looks like.

22 days of Flower
Tons of growth again this week! Lots of flower points and main cola is just beginning to gain girth. I might have to mount the lights right to the ceiling just to get a couple of inches if they keep going up. Did a bunch of prunning this week just cuttin out some under growth and smaller week growth in the center. Needed some air flow in there due to powdery mold. The Neem has worked wonders once again and cured most of that for me. Only issue I got now is height. I might have to start bending. Hopefully more bud development will halt any other growth.

Week 6 Growth:
#1) 31" gain of 4" #4)50" gain of 11"
#2) 46" gain of 8" #5)53" gain of 13"
#3) 53" gain of 9" #6)51" gain of 11"

An average gain of 9 inches again this week! Should be just bud growth from now on.

Week 6 ladies
7th.JPG

7th1.JPG

Flower points
7th2.JPG

22 day old flowers
7thflower1.JPG

7thflower2.JPG

7thflowers.JPG

4 weeks of flower
Nice flower developement this week. Starting to see the fruit of my labor. The Neem took care of the powder mold but for some reason out of nowhere some gnats showed up. They are not a big deal unless there numbers increase but the Neem should have kept them away as well that's what I don't understand. Not nearly the height growth as the last couple of weeks, which is a good sign, only bud growth from now on. Might still have to bend them if the colas stretch to far.

Week 7 growth:
#1) 33" gain of 2" #4)54" gain of 4"
#2) 48" gain of 2" #5)56" gain of 3"
#3) 56" gain of 3" #6)54" gai of 3"

An average gain of 3" this week all growth should be concentrated on the buds from now on. I always get nervous around this time hoping everything turns out good.

Nice looking flowers so far........
8thflowers3.JPG

8thflowers1.JPG

8thflowers.JPG

Fat girl should hopefully stack fat flowers
8th3.JPG

I got shrubs now
8th2.JPG

Back
Top Bottom