Joebob69's First Grow - Soil - LED - Advice Welcome

Joebob69

Hi all, I've decided to start a journal about a month into my first grow since I have so many questions and have been blowing up the faq so I'm trying to be courteous and just ask questions through here..

As stated this is my first grow, I am somewhat just expirimenting/learning with these bag seeds I have until my good seeds come in from herbies(sadly I'm not sure if the seeds will make it to me, it's been 3 weeks since I've ordered them and no sign of them yet :-/
I am growing in a closet with mh300/cfl's. I vegged for a couple weeks but turned them over to 12/12 a couple weeks ago. Like I said just expirimenting, I wanted to get it to flower to learn the process and all. If I only get a few grams off of this plant then that is a success to me. I just want to successfully make it through my first grow.

Anyway I will post pics of my plants and set up within the next couple days. I look forward to updating everyone and also getting much needed feedback! Thanks in advance!:volcano-smiley:

image28477.jpg

My first post in my journal and I think it's bad news.. I just found this today.. Is this a male?! Thanks!

So I have a couple questions about these I have going. As stated before I don't know the strains, they are bag seeds. 2 plants are the same and one is different looking. I'm guess one is indica one is sativa?

I recently defoliated both plants. I'm a noob so I really have no clue what I'm doing there...I probably cut too many fan leaves off..

My question is, in the first pic, I have done some lst but it is growing fast and keeps getting more and longer branches, so should I do some more lst or cut more leaves or have I done enough??

Second pic, it didn't really have that many fan leaves they were just huge and blocking light. I may have cut too many I dunno but they seem to be doing fine..so on the second pic should I cut the fan leaves off on the top virtually leaving it with no fan leaves or have I done too much already! They just seem to be blocking light... Thanks in advance!
image28527.jpg

image28528.jpg

Ok thanks! Can you tell anything about the plants by the way they look? Indica, sativa? Like I said these are just bag seeds for now and I'm a noob! Also should I lst anymore on the upper pic or just leave it alone? Thanks!

And the one in the background of the upper pic turned out to be male. So out of 4 plants, 2 were male and 2 female..

I would reccomend FIM and HST (or LST if you prefer).
Short flat plants are much better than tall skinny plants for led especially.
Otherwise looking good. Good luck

Thanks for the reply! Is there a point where I should stop training them? They are in flower and I don't want to stress them out or whatever.. Thanks!

In flower you can stick to LST if you prefer too. I meant more for next time. You will be ok with the tall skinny plants just yield will be lower

Well as this is my first grow, any yield at all will be a win for me haha. The plants in my pics are 2 different strains...the one in the top pic is growing fast and has a ton of branches! Should I LST all of the long branches or let some of them grow? And the only reason for LST right now is because that is all I know how to do at the moment...

image28937.jpg
image28938.jpg

A little update... How's she look? She's about 4 weeks into flower..it seems kind of stretchy. I think I'm getting a nute issue also (tips are starting to curl again... Let me know if things are looking somewhat normal for me..thanks

Back
Top Bottom