Juices First Ever Grow - 1000 Watt HPS +CFL

juicydoobi

Hello all! I have read more on these forums then I have spent reading books :p
Anyways... I am a noobi and will apreciate any help I can get.
I started out with a laptop, Traded it with a guy for his grow tent when amendment 64 passed! It was a 500$ laptop. Everything you see in the pictures is what the guy gave me. Good deal? Once Hickenbooper signed the documents I germinated my seeds.. I started out with 3 seeds but quickly acquired more. I now have 13! (Thats where I am going to Stay)

First 3 seeds were planted on 12/12/12
Last 10 seeds were planted 12/23/12

What strain is it? Bag seed
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? Veg
If in Veg... For how long? 14 days
Indoor or outdoor? Indoor
Soil or Hydro? Coco coir mix
If soil... What size pot? Look at pictures
Size of light? 4x 26w 5k Cfls / 1000W HPS I am putting this in tonight 12/26
Is it aircooled? Yes
Temp of Room/cab? 75-82
PH of media or res? 6.7
Any Pests ? Not that I know of
How often are you watering? Once its Dry
Type and strength of ferts used?[/B]

Will post pictures in a few minutes -

Jay

IMG_3390.JPG
The Tent
IMG_33922.JPG
Misc. Fans
IMG_33891.JPG
Nutes
IMG_35926.JPG
Plants as of 12/15
IMG_36052.JPG
12/16
IMG_36373.JPG
12/19

Quick update - I will post recent pictures today after lunch. The pots were changed out.. A good friend told me that they were really bad pots and would grow mold (they already had white fur mold) I changed them to 2 Liter bottles and will be changing them to some sort of pots soon.. Does any one have any suggestions?

Any idea why Peyton Manning has a yellow tip? Only one? I havent begun feeding yet. Burn from the light?

IMG_37073.JPG
all 3
IMG_37093.JPG
SEEDLINGS! wooo
IMG_37113.JPG
Manning

A little yellowing on mannings leaves.. could this be from slow release nutes in the soil?

I need help! I woke up today with the tent internal temp at 95 degrees!

So I added the 1000 Wat last night. I have a cool tube with a fan sucking air through it. The light seems to stay at a decent temp.. however it heats my tent up way to much. I have a carbon filter and 2 exhaust fans. the room temp that the tent is in is about 70.. Do I need to drop that lower?

you may just need to increase exhaust and intake:peace:

Thanks Evo-Rat, Ill have to try that.. Unfortuneatly my exhaust fans are already on high settings.. I would connect my tubing that cools the light to a window outside.. unfortuneatley the weather has been so cold and wet (snowing) I dont want moisture in my hood.

Hey all - update today. I moved the plants into 3 gallon buckets.. added the 1000 hps and left the other cfls in their. Is that a bad idea? So far the plants have been growing slow since the transfer.. but they still look good! Any suggestions?

IMG_3735.JPG
Group shot

IMG_37875.JPG

IMG_37912.JPG

Doing very well! Im trying to decide when I will want to turn them over to flower. When is a good time with a 7 foot tent and a 1 foot hood? also add another foot because of buckets.

most plants will stretch 2or3 times hight from flip.I would flip when they are 8 to 12 in. if you intend on flowering all at the same time.:bravo:

Thanks for the response Evo - Thats mostly what I have read - I just dont want to go to 12 inches and then not have enough space.. I kind of wanted all of my other seedlings to catch up/ However they are not growing as quick as the original 3. Maybe because they are different strains. The originals are 8 inches now. Do you think LST would be a good idea if I want to wait until the other ladies catch up? Is there a real benefit to LST?

All in all I am pretty happy with myself (I havent done much but water them and occasionaly smoke a bowl with them)

I need to invest in a cloner. Is cloning quicker than seeds? or just more of a guaranteed female?

Yes lst does work.It will also assist in keeping the tops even when the others catch up.LST will also increase yield.I grow in a 2x4 space and can fit 40 plants for a perpetual SOG.I have started plants from seed to 6in. tall in flower.Plant hight has ranged 12 to 24in. depending on type of plant.My space is also about 7foot tall and light is never higher than half that.:peace:

Clones IMO are not only for female but to keep certain plants around you like .When you find a plant you like keep a mother to clone from. Also I do not use a cloner I start clones in same medium I grow in.

With a little trial and error you will find your way.There are alot of good journals on here to read with alot of good information.Also good people that are willing to lend a helping hand.:high-five:

Again - many thanks to you who for sharing your wealth of knowledge, Evo. I used some string to slightly start lst. I adjusted my intake and exhaust by removing some abundant tubing.

Clone in the medium huh.. I use super hydro and coco. Wil that work?

I know all about the journals. I have read a ton of them! You're right the people on these forums are great. I can't find a grow exactly like mine So I ask questions that I think would be dependent on my specific grow.

I really want to do the perpetual sog. Do you get a high yield? Do you have a journal?

I usualy harvest 5 to 10 plants every two weeks.Average around 12 to 15 gr. per plant.For clones you could use rockwool or rappid rooters.No I don't have a journal,I may one day.As you can see I don't post much, usualy don't have alot of time with work.I do try to read on here as much as I can.

Back
Top Bottom