Kali Mist CFL Scrog Grow Journal - 05-19-13

I most likely wont be posting individual pics of both plants going forward as it's becoming increasingly difficult to take decent pictures in such a cramped space.

Kali Mist Day 33 - 06/20/13

IMG_47772.JPG
IMG_47722.JPG
IMG_47732.JPG

Kali Mist Day 34 - 06/21/13

IMG_47891.JPG
IMG_47903.JPG
IMG_47914.JPG
IMG_47922.JPG
IMG_47951.JPG
IMG_47972.JPG

This last pic is my attempt at promoting more secondary branch growth by tucking the tips under the net.

IMG_47981.JPG

I would like to inform anyone who plans on purchasing critical Kali Mist that from my observations this plant does not respond well to LST for the purpose of promoting secondary branching. It is incredibly flexible and quick to re-position its main branch or branches towards the light in as little as a few hours. For anyone wishing to obtain multiple tops quickly this strain responds very well to topping.

I came to this conclusion by comparing the growth from my 2 plants (1 of which was topped significantly more than the other) and a clone that is being LST half an inch above the soil to germinated sprouts which were topped.

Thank you John, I'll be sure to do so :)

This is probably a silly question but when people say 50% full are they referring to a branch through 50% of the holes in the screen?

it is referring to when 50% of the holes in the scrog have tops through them.

The branches I topped last night did give me the desired branching I was looking for, however the topped branches ended up stretching 1-3" over night! I found that as a negative effect since I'm extremely limited height wise, the lesson I learned is instead of topping maybe I should have tried super cropping to achieve the same thing and minimize the stretching. In my future grows I will also be lowering my scrog screen from 8" to 5" which is about the height the plant on the left is stacked on top of books. I've read it's difficult to work under the screen at that height but I'm having no problems with it so far.

Does anyone know if super cropping accelerates growth later down the line? For example I read it helps to super crop a branch that is outgrowing the others and that it sort of turns a secondary branch into a primary branch, wouldn't things speed up again?

I decided to flip the lights to flower, currently its on 12/12 with a 30 minute diminishing schedule every 2 weeks till it gets to 10/14. My screen has 123 holes spaced at 1". So far I have 43 tops which is about 30-40% of my screen filled. I'm sure its a bit early to flip to flower but I'm not sure what to expect over the next 88 days of flower in terms of branching.

Supercropping - a tutorial

Some techniques accelerate growth after applied while others assist w/ getting light to places that would be otherwise be shaded. I believe it's generally best to do what needs doing during the veg, but necessity at times dictates action.

thank you for the tutorials gadfly, that's twice you helped me now :) I'm gonna have to stop using google search engine for info and start searching within 420 magazine more lol So much great info in these forums.

I just switched out about half the CFL's to 2700k's and its been causing the power surge to flip the power off, no idea how many hours my plants have been in complete darkness today... Hope they don't hermie on me :( not sure if this is because I have 2 different types of CFL on a Y adapter or if its the power strip. I tried switching out the power strip first to see if that's the problem

That sucks. I wouldn't worry too much so long as you get your electricity issue figured out. Extra darkness isn't like interrupting the longer nights w/ light. Plants outside have dark rainy days, but the sun doesn't pop out at 1am just to say hi. :tokin:

Keep on truckin amigo!

lol that gave me a good laugh. Figured out the wiring in my apartment sucks. Long story short, its been resolved.

Room Humidity has been pretty much around 40-50% the last few weeks temperature has been constant at 84F as well since I upgraded my inline fan. PH has never moved from 6.7-7. Fertilizing with miracle grow 20-20-20 every time i water, always used at only 1/4 - 1/2 strength since that stuff scares me lol. Once the first flowers appear I'll be switching to miracle grow cactus plant grow 2-7-7 at full strength.

Kali Mist Veg - Day 36 - 06/23/13

IMG_4875.JPG
IMG_48713.JPG

IMG_48622.JPG
IMG_48691.JPG

IMG_48841.JPG

Here she is after tucking all the branches I also left a very open space for a group of tops to emerge through the net, they successfully grew up and through a few days later. some tops on the far left hand side did not.

IMG_48642.JPG

IMG_48763.JPG
IMG_48803.JPG
IMG_48781.JPG

Is the branch showing purple or is it just some of the fan leaf stems? Post a pic if you're worried. I little purple can be a sign of stress (cold weather usually), nute deficiency, or it may just be a strain characteristic. The seed vender offered little information on the family tree/trait characteristics other than general marketing crap and noting that it's "good for menstrual cramps." The wife didnt care for my pointing that out. :rofl:

The odor will get worse as things progress. If the carbon scrubber isn't scrubbing adequately maybe run out and grab some Ona. It wont get rid of the smell, but it will make your apartment smell more like Ona than medicine--hopefully.:)

Those bitches are going to stretch like crazy at first and then it will slow after a few weeks. They double and sometimes even triple in size after the flip. Luckily w/ CFLs you wont have to keep so much space between the bulbs and the canopy.

Is the branch showing purple or is it just some of the fan leaf stems? Post a pic if you're worried. I little purple can be a sign of stress (cold weather usually), nute deficiency, or it may just be a strain characteristic. The seed vender offered little information on the family tree/trait characteristics other than general marketing crap and noting that it's "good for menstrual cramps." The wife didnt care for my pointing that out. :rofl:

The odor will get worse as things progress. If the carbon scrubber isn't scrubbing adequately maybe run out and grab some Ona. It wont get rid of the smell, but it will make your apartment smell more like Ona than medicine--hopefully.:)

Those bitches are going to stretch like crazy at first and then it will slow after a few weeks. They double and sometimes even triple in size after the flip. Luckily w/ CFLs you wont have to keep so much space between the bulbs and the canopy.

Thanks for the quick response gadfly, Just wanted to update the last week or so I left out, I'll get back to this post with a pic in about 15 minutes :) My wife said the same thing too lol Was hoping to win points with her and get the green light for my grows, she doesn't approve but i still got the green light for now :roorrip:

Back
Top Bottom