Keeping it Underground 600 Watt HPS + 8 Light T5 Cellar Grow

Congratz on the 5 ladies.:grinjoint:

Everything looks great from where I'm sitting...

I'll have to try and read the rest of your journal later....

Best of Luck with the coming weks..

:nicethread:

Good to have you Light-1-up :) Ya this grow has been a serious learning experience for me. Iv gotten root rot twice! Trimmed my roots 3 times. They are very healthy now but im sure they'll be much much better on my next go round. Finally got my fogger dialed in and doing awesome things for the roots.
Im want to start a mommy soon. Iv got one seed from a bag of some super funky home grown thats high is perfect! Im going to do everything in my knowledge to get that seed to grow and hope to the weed gods that its a female... Being that it was an only seed its prolly feminized Id think :)
Iv already got a cloner i built and used...its awesome :)
Stick around the shows just gettin good :)

The only way we can learn is to make mistakes to find out what does work.. I haven't attempted a hydo system yet, I like growing in dirt maybe one day I'll try a different way. I heard those foggers do wonders for the roots. I hope that seed is a female for ya..:grinjoint:

I just started a journal for my 2nd grow, so we'll see how it's goes...

I'll stick around and see how these ladies turn out..

GOT A HERMIE :thedoubletake::hmmmm:
Not sure how this happened. They arent under any stress, and my temps are PERFECT, 70* with lights off and 80* with them on... 30%RH??? I cut that bitch down!
ANY WHO PICTURES

DSC01624_800x600_.jpg

DSC01626_800x600_.jpg

THE PLANT ON THE BOTTOM RIGHT I HAD JUST BENT HER OVER BECAUSE NOW IV GOT MORE ROOM SO IM GOING TO USE IT
Could rotating my lid 180* every other week have caused the Hermie?

Yup 4 ladies :)
Something Just isnt right though... Im noticing more slime on my roots again. It seems that they get to a certain length and it starts again. IT IS DRIVING ME CRAZY!!!!!
I have done everything to make my res light proof every thing is taped with aluminum tape, some spots double layer especially the lid.... My PH doesnt go above 7 and i adjust that to 5.5 every day like clock work.........
I always use HYGROZYME but its not helping my root problem like it should be... Should i try H2O2 instead???
They look so healthy and the last time it happened i didnt see any stress or signs of it in the plants and they gave me only positive reactions when iv trimmed the roots. But SKOOTER sais that i need a big root base when budding???? What happens if i need to trim them again. Will it affect them or will it be like last time, where there wasnt any signs of something going on...Maybe they just need there base roots and if i keep my res. up itll be all good????????????????????????????????????????

They say you cant have too much light but what if iv got too much light for this paticular setup... Light getting through my Hydroton????

!!! You don't have any "lids" over your net cups/hydroton? That can certainly be a source of light to the water. Take some aluminum foil and fold it over a couple of times to give it some heft and cut it out to fit the tops of the net cups to use as a lid. (dull side up)

You may want to look into different tubs for your next grow. Slappy and me are always on the look out for more tubs and always cruise the aisles of Walmart, Target, Home Depot, Lowes, etc. whenever we are in those stores. Rubbermaid makes some of the hard black plastic one that are great for growing but they always tend to be on the small side. But if you are going to do individuals tubs for each plant next time then they might just do the trick for you.

I would give the H2O2 a shot as well. About 1 to 2 tablespoons twice a week usually does the trick. Remember that you can overdo it with that stuff so more is not necessarily better.

BTW...if the roots are not getting slimey or having any problems then you should never have to worry about getting to them to trim them. I'm sure you know this but having to trim your roots is a last resort sort of thing so once you get the light leak figured out it won't be something you'll have to worry about doing again :)

HAHA MY bad for not letting you know that iv got aluminum tape covered paper plate bottoms covering the hydroton but theres still that little hole where my plant comes out. Its all seeled up man trust me. I went crazy with th metal tape...figured more was better than not enough :)
When i get ti H2O2 can i use it with my hygrozyme or should i not use them together???

Ya i think ill give that a try. Im about out of hygro and that shits exspensive. Ill be more carefull with it this time though and ill just keep an eye on this slime and see what happens. I may get out of dwc completley after this im lookin into building an aeroponics setup. But im def not sure about that. We'll just see lol Maybe with a bigger and more light proof res. i could do wonders with this setup. Im gaining knowledge like crazy from this grow.

I put my one seed in a bowl of water today Im ready to get that going. I will be starting this plant in dirt...I jus think ill have better luck this way. And this will only be a mother (if its female) So her clones will be started in my DIY bubble/fogger cloner. Im going to start her in my window an as soon as she pokes out ill be putting her under my T5 fixture. I have to remove it because its not going to fit my tent. I guess ill just have a seperate veg area. :)
This seed came from some awesome home grown I got. It didnt have any other seeds so Im hoping that it might be feminized??!! And it wont just be some commercial bag seed. Which is What im using for this current grow.
WISH THIS SEED GOOD LUCK ON HER JOURNEY. :)

DSC01633_800x600_.jpg

DSC01634_800x600_.jpg

DSC01635_800x600_.jpg

:peace::peace::rollit::peace::peace:

good luck lil seed

im not sure bout the slime either bro my buddys dwc is doin the same thing but as far as we kno its light proof he is a hvac guy and gets discounts on flex tape which is reflective as hell and we put 2-3 layers on his res and the lid even the air line close to the res lol but he still getin slime we tried usin bout 1 1/2 tbsp of the h2o2 but its really didnt make a dif he has about 3 gallon res maybe it jus isnt enough

Back
Top Bottom