First Grow - 2 x 600 Watt HPS - 5 Big Bud & 5 Diamond Girl

alexcnd

Hey Guys,

So this is will be my first ever grow and I've taken as much time as possible for re search and deciding on the best grow for my needs.
So I've got a 6.5x6.5x6.5 tent and i will be placing 10 plants under two 600 watt HPS lights. There vegging with metal halides and ill be using the Scrog technique.
With the scrog do i need to top the plants or tie them back and let them grow without topping?

I will update soon with photos of my grow and any advise or critique will be accepted gracefully.

Thanks all,

Al

Re: First Grow - 2 x 600watt HPS (5 Big Bud & 5 Diamond Girl)

i would suggest not to scrog for the first ever grow.. might run into more problems and with no experience you could have a hard time? why not just try to grow the plants without topping or anything and take your time learning first hand how to grow it? then gradually work into trying to do crazy things with your plants, seems to me that you have the room to not scrog. also do you have intake and exhaust fans hooked up?

HI Alexcnd and :welcome: to :420: !
You should start a grow journal for your journey in the "Journals in progress" thread so other growers can find you easily and follow along. Here's a link on how to start your own journal:

How to Make a Grow Journal

And when you are ready to upload photos, here's a link if you need help with that:
Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Looking forward to seeing and following you along on your growing venture!

With the scrog screen you will be tucking the tops and branches under to train them to go to different areas/squares so they will spread out creating more open areas for new growth. Some people top their plants, but it is not necessary in a scrog set up.

i would suggest not to scrog for the first ever grow.. might run into more problems and with no experience you could have a hard time? why not just try to grow the plants without topping or anything and take your time learning first hand how to grow it? then gradually work into trying to do crazy things with your plants, seems to me that you have the room to not scrog. also do you have intake and exhaust fans hooked up?

Yeah i know I'm probably taking on a lot for my first grow thats why i have done loadssss of research and videos on you tube but theres just soo many different opinions and for a first time grower its hard to figure out the best technique.
Thing is bud I'm only going to do one grow a every 6-8 months so i want to make the most out of it and from what I've seen the scrog technique is the best for yield. Well its quite a big space man I've seen people scrog is smaller areas than mine and its worked fantastic.
Yes i have intake and exhaust fans hooked up bud.

With the scrog screen you will be tucking the tops and branches under to train them to go to different areas/squares so they will spread out creating more open areas for new growth. Some people top their plants, but it is not necessary in a scrog set up.

Hi cannafan,

Thanks for the advise man there just so many different opinions on the best way to scrog its hard work get good solid advice.

Also ill make sure to create a grow journal so people can give advise and see if I'm doing a half decent job. :)

Hi cannafan,

Thanks for the advise man there just so many different opinions on the best way to scrog its hard work get good solid advice.

Also ill make sure to create a grow journal so people can give advise and see if I'm doing a half decent job. :)

I hear ya there! Many different methods and styles for sure.
Looking forward to seeing your journal started, I'm sure you will be very successful! :thumb:

Yeah i know I'm probably taking on a lot for my first grow thats why i have done loadssss of research and videos on you tube but theres just soo many different opinions and for a first time grower its hard to figure out the best technique.
Thing is bud I'm only going to do one grow a every 6-8 months so i want to make the most out of it and from what I've seen the scrog technique is the best for yield. Well its quite a big space man I've seen people scrog is smaller areas than mine and its worked fantastic.
Yes i have intake and exhaust fans hooked up bud.

im excited to see how well the big bud trains in your scrog

I use a 2 x 600w HID over a 6'x3' tray with all the high tech stuff and the results are spectacular. Electricity is pricey and spider mites got me once. I had to go SCROG because I have limited height and my first grow went right up past the lights. I will start a journal soon, as I am on week six of a nice grow right now. Mike

I use a 2 x 600w HID over a 6'x3' tray with all the high tech stuff and the results are spectacular. Electricity is pricey and spider mites got me once. I had to go SCROG because I have limited height and my first grow went right up past the lights. I will start a journal soon, as I am on week six of a nice grow right now. Mike

Hi Mike,

Thanks for the info on the 2x 600watt setup, I've just set everything up so will post everything in a week or so and will let you know. Im using a scrog really because it means i can get light to all those nugs and make the most yield out of my plants :)

I will let you know when my journal is set up and you can take a look, any advise is appreciated.

:peace:

Sounds like we are running very similar set ups! Hope yours all goes well :)

re: First Grow - 2 x 600 Watt HPS - 5 Big Bud & 5 Diamond Girl

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

:Namaste:

re: First Grow - 2 x 600 Watt HPS - 5 Big Bud & 5 Diamond Girl

How did this grow turn out?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read the photo gallery tutorial: Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Thanks and hope all is well in your world.

Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine.

Hey man I did start another journal on the link below check it out... Was a good result :)

Back
Top Bottom