First Post - First Grow! - Discrete 6 Plant Scrog

Amazed at how much new growth I've seen over the last couple days. Topping my autoflower was a surprisingly good choice, although I doubt I'd do it again this grow. think I should take the whole crop to flower with the auto? Or split them up?

image22763.jpg

image22764.jpg
image22765.jpg

Update. The girls as of today. Autoflower recovering slowly from topping as expected. Topped the other 4 last night. A bit of curling as you can see. Would love input

nothing to worry about from my eyes, looks healthy. You topped an auto huh? I'm thinking about doing one of mine.

That curling is from heat. Remember that heat rises so if you can find a way to introduce cool air into the bottom of your grow area and then exhaust the heat out the top it will help with that. What I do is I have a big floor fan in the room and a small fan blowing outside air into the bottom. I am growing out my closet tho and have to just keep the door open as I cant change the build of my house at all. I could make a wall and then control it a lot better but in all reality I am lazy and its working..... For now :lot-o-toke:

Subbed! Looking good man. I have a similar setup going myself. Using a tent like you were seeking. Check it out if u need any input. Looking forward to seeing the sexy girls grow up. Any ideas how long you plan on vegging for?

To MedMan: yes I feel like topping the auto was worth wild. I'm scrogging and the auto was reasonably far ahead vertically so I said what the hell. Recovering much more slowly than my photoperiod amnesia topped the same day though.
To: PTSD I actually just purchased a 4'x2'x5' tent. Going to be running a proper exhaust setup soon. Still passive!
To: Surf I will definitely check your grow out and sub! Could use the education!! I've been vegging for technically 18 days I believe, and intend on going another 3-4 weeks not sure what I'm gonna do with the auto

The longer the veg the greater the yield. If you have the time the space and the patience then let them get to 4+ weeks of veg. Might as well make the most of your efforts... That's just my humble opinion.

I didn't know that bro lol, +REP glad now I'm in a predicament could I still scrog my plants if they are between 15''-33'' ? Or am I too late for that >?

Nice drop, PTSD 4 ME, always willing to learn. And experiment ;)

Thanks

I didn't know that bro lol, +REP glad now I'm in a predicament could I still scrog my plants if they are between 15''-33'' ? Or am I too late for that >?

I think you can still do whatever you want. The pre-scrog training does slow them down a bit and I like to get the stress over with before flowering, so it may set back your schedule a bit, but otherwise I can't think of a reason why you couldn't scrog still. Dankstank did one like that where he grew the plants tall before scrogging. In some ways it seems better- easier access underneath. Here- First Scrog

Shit I am just out here learning and trying to pass on what little knowledge I have obtained. As far as scroging now I don't see why you couldn't. I mean the ultimate idea of it is to get a even canopy. The scrog allows you to obtain this a bit easier. I guess it couldn't hurt to do it now as long as some growth is still going to be coming from the plant. It would be too late if the bud sights wouldn't have time to really grow into the screen and really make it out of the screen. I don't know where your at it may be wasted energy but after reading that thread, who knows.....

I just kind of wandered in and saw keefgrown's post- might have missed something like - they are autos or already flowering or something. But Keef- was assuming you're still vegging and they are not autos. If you're vegging I figure you can do what you want in terms of bending, topping,supercropping, slicing and dicing. It just means longer veg time. It's generally easy enough to bend a 33" plant over to whatever height you want (within reason- just be careful) , and have the branches grow out from there- trim, train, tie down or up and spread the whole thing into the shape you want. If you are in a hurry or already starting flowering then it's a little different situation and probably you're not going to be getting the even canopy that you want.

Re: First Post - First Grow! - Carbo Discrete 6 Plant Scrog

Hi bro, nice setups. If you are not sure what to do with the auto cause of the light scheme you shouldnt worry to much, the worst it could do is low yield. Topping or cutting an auto isn't the best idea imo... You make 2 tops but loose precious vege time with recovery and for an auto veg is super important. You just have the time they give you. I topped some autos few days ago to see how they d, did it after day 20, when stretching begins and it was bad. After 4-5 days the 2 topg grew 2cm instead of 10... Eventualy I threw them away, but for other reasons.

I just kind of wandered in and saw keefgrown's post- might have missed something like - they are autos or already flowering or something. But Keef- was assuming you're still vegging and they are not autos. If you're vegging I figure you can do what you want in terms of bending, topping,supercropping, slicing and dicing. It just means longer veg time. It's generally easy enough to bend a 33" plant over to whatever height you want (within reason- just be careful) , and have the branches grow out from there- trim, train, tie down or up and spread the whole thing into the shape you want. If you are in a hurry or already starting flowering then it's a little different situation and probably you're not going to be getting the even canopy that you want.

Thanks for all the input on the subject, and PTSD.
Yeah mine aren't auto flower, and I may just allow the plants to grow natural as is. This is just a learning period to see how she grows.
However on the next veg I'll introduce this method of gardening. I know it will definitely improve the light distribution and the penetration upon the plant.. I was even considering putting two ufo 90w on the side of the tent so I can penetrate the lower canopy.

Having a problem with heat in the new tent guys. Can't get it below 82 degrees with the tent door open, and it skyrockets to 90 when the tent door is closed. My additional 6" duct fan is coming in the mail today or tomorrow, will that suffice or should I start looking into alternative cooling options? I also need to figure out a way to discretely exhaust out of my window, suggestions?

you could also try to draw air from the window trouhgt the cooltube and also the air that goes in the tent and you can release the air in, it would be hoter in your house but it may help the grow room.

Back
Top Bottom