First Post - First Grow! - Discrete 6 Plant Scrog

Chronic what do you think is going on? Fungus gnats? I've seen a few just didn't think a few could do so much damage to my leaves. First grow obviously, so I'm bugging the fuck out haha

Be careful with large totes of water. Keep an air stone if you have one to keep the water moving and before you water check your pH. If you set it for days the pH can fluctuate a small amount so it's not set it and forget it if you're trying to maintain 6.5 pH 100% of the time.

Spend the money on a good, reliable pH pen if you're able to. I use Bluelab pH and their PPM tester and they work great and are so easy to calibrate if you buy the calibration solution (saves the headache of pH'ing 2 sets of water to 7.0 and 4.0 instead being perfect every time)

I'm nearly positive at this stage the yellowing is due to lack of nitrogen. I saw the same thing in my younglings on my last grow I f'd up and getting them on a stricter nutrient schedule cleared it up in a week or two on most of them (at that point I had let them go too long and they all went male, deal with it asap!). If it were over-watering the entire plant would start to claw (almost like nitrogen toxicity) but also droop really hard.

Botanicare Vitamino is good to foliar spray or soil feed and should really help adding nitrogen to the girls. With that note, have you ever considered foliar spraying?

Also, have you checked the pH of your runoff to make sure that's at 6.5?

Best of luck, you'll get it under control.

The PH pen is a great suggestion, I'll definitely be picking one up in the near future. The nutrient def (assuming I have one) I'll be trying to fix this next watering. But I've identified some kind of but in my garden... Using the NO pest strips I caught some small fliers, but I can't tell if they're fungus gnats or root aphids. I don't see anything crawling on my soil/leaves, and I only managed to catch a total of three fliers. So at this point I'm worried I could be in for an aphid war my very first grow. I'm letting my soil dry out as best I can, but it may be getting out of hand already. New leaf formation is coming in mutated and twisted, growth has slown tremendously, a few plants have some bigger fan leaves with chlorophyll seemingly sapped from them.. I'm concerned

The PH pen is a great suggestion, I'll definitely be picking one up in the near future. The nutrient def (assuming I have one) I'll be trying to fix this next watering. But I've identified some kind of but in my garden... Using the NO pest strips I caught some small fliers, but I can't tell if they're fungus gnats or root aphids. I don't see anything crawling on my soil/leaves, and I only managed to catch a total of three fliers. So at this point I'm worried I could be in for an aphid war my very first grow. I'm letting my soil dry out as best I can, but it may be getting out of hand already. New leaf formation is coming in mutated and twisted, growth has slown tremendously, a few plants have some bigger fan leaves with chlorophyll seemingly sapped from them.. I'm concerned

It will take multiple waterings, just as a heads up.

Fungus gnats can take a toll but I've had them before and they don't wreak as much havoc as you might thing unless you have an infestation of them. Just takes a while to set up a few sticky gnat traps and they eventually disappear, or you can also go out and get GnatNix, it's a white granule bag that you lay an inch or two layer on the top of your soil. The bugs trying to escape the soil go through the GnatNix and get cut up and die.

Hopefully it's not root aphids but if it is just make sure you flush with the hydrogen peroxide like you mentioned.

I actually picked up two bags of gnatnix!! Does it really work? I also picked up some mosquito dunks for the BTI flush. Think that'd do the trick? Have an opinion on the peroxide?

Diagnoses?
image23208.jpg
image23209.jpg

Worked for me along with yellow sticky traps, just takes time. Many recommended dunks but I never tried them since I had luck with the traps and gnatmix first go. Have heard of guys using hydrogen peroxide when spraying their leaves and more used in hydro to take care of old dead roots, not much in soil. It does look like if you're using 35% HP in your mix then you should mix it 1/10 of HP/water.

Is it orangish honeydew color? Thing's an ugly little fucker..

Found this in another thread here.

1 Cup 1 and 1/2 teaspoons 7 to 10 drops
1 Quart 2 tablespoons 1/2 teaspoon
1 Gallon 1/2 Cup2 teaspoons
5 Gallons 2 and 1/2 cups3 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon
10 Gallons 5 cups6 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons

if your referring to the green bumps on the leaf being the bugs then they would look like
Aphids

Having a problem with heat in the new tent guys. Can't get it below 82 degrees with the tent door open, and it skyrockets to 90 when the tent door is closed. My additional 6" duct fan is coming in the mail today or tomorrow, will that suffice or should I start looking into alternative cooling options? I also need to figure out a way to discretely exhaust out of my window, suggestions?
For ventilation and oder control I use a 4inch 235 cfm duct fan located at the bottom of the tent blowing in. I use high velocity 465 cfm inline fan with a speed control pulling air through a 24 inch carbon filter ducted to the outside of the tent. I am about 2 weeks from harvest and you can be in the same room as the tent and smell absolutely nothing! You could then duct it to a cloths dryer vent that expands in your window. You could have a cop standing outside the window a he would not have a clue.

I got the HV fan and filter as a combo from amazon for 110 bucks. Also great deals on pH pen testers. I think I paid under 30 bucks for 2 testers. One for pH and one that tells you ppm of solids in the water.

Soon as I maguiver a frame for the stealth window exhaust I'll purchase an additional fan and carbon filter. Currently using the two that I have to cool my light and it's still staying around 81 in the tent. Intake temps just aren't low enough. Just watered using dramatically less water than usual 20oz per plant. Added 3tsp Big Bloom and 1 1/2tsp grow big aswell as 2tsp hydrogen peroxide. Layered top soil with gnatnix after watering. My ph was seemingly perfect after adding nutrients... I didn't even find the need to adjust. It was above 8 before and between 6-7 after. Acceptable practice?
image23312.jpg

Can you leave the window open or cracked like a fan sucking air into the room? I have a bug trap and filter on all my intake fans so nothing extra gets in but if you keep the ambient temp around the tent cool you may have a better chance of getting it below 80, unless your temps outside exceed your indoor temp.

I'd also be careful about not checking your pH every time you water. Even if you keep it around 6-7 that's a pretty large gap which can later cause issues. If you were saying 6.4-6.6 I believe it would be a different story but fluctuation in pH can cause problems or if that one time it shoots way below 6 or stays above 7, no good. Take the extra time to make sure everything is on point, you will reap the benefits in the end.

Can you leave the window open or cracked like a fan sucking air into the room? I have a bug trap and filter on all my intake fans so nothing extra gets in but if you keep the ambient temp around the tent cool you may have a better chance of getting it below 80, unless your temps outside exceed your indoor temp.

I'd also be careful about not checking your pH every time you water. Even if you keep it around 6-7 that's a pretty large gap which can later cause issues. If you were saying 6.4-6.6 I believe it would be a different story but fluctuation in pH can cause problems or if that one time it shoots way below 6 or stays above 7, no good. Take the extra time to make sure everything is on point, you will reap the benefits in the end.
This is one reason I am using nutes from Advanced Nutrients. Their PH Perfect line really works. My well water is over 7 pH. After mixing nutes it is always 6.0 to 6.2. Never have to make adjustments to pH! On the expensive side, but, seems to be worth it to me.

Calcium deficiency due to improper PH? Screen needs some modifications. Almost a full month into veg. Plants are looking a little weak, but in good news my amnesia topped itself! Surprising!
image23364.jpg
image23363.jpg
image23365.jpg

My cal mag deficincies never looked like that so I don't think that is what is causing the white spots. It starts at the older leaves first and is brown rust spots, at least in my limited experience, and I think in general.

Back
Top Bottom