First Post - First Grow! - Discrete 6 Plant Scrog

So what the hell could be going on? I've tried fixing just about everything at this point, and I'm stumped. Could an improper PH cause the problems I'm having? Only 3 of them are showing a lot of damage, which makes me assume a deficiency. Any chance it could be heat related? I don't wanna lose my grow );

Staring at your slightly damaged leaves more- I think....If that was my plants - I would just chalk it up to ph stuff till proven otherwise, and not worry about it much for now. I agree with steviodaddio, what he said about ph. And with PTSD- your plants are fine at this point.
I often have some older leaves that have taken a little hit or two. That's fine. Sometimes they take a bad hit. They don't get better after, they kinda sit there as a reminder not to screw up next time. The leaves of shame...

Yeah I guess I really haven't taken that into account... Haha. My damaged leaves won't recover. But my new growth does look quite a bit healthier. Think I should clip all the old dying leaves? And what medium should I use to germinate for DWC? Rockwool?

You can clip them or leave em makes no difference.

I've wondered about this. Never bothered to do much reading on deficiencies and how these things work but my basic understanding is that -the plant is experiencing lockout of whichever elements/nutrients and is focusing whatever supply it does have on the new growth, at the expense of the older leaves. And in the case of mobile nutrients (I think) actively thieving the element out of the older leaves, hence the damage. So this always made me think that I should leave those older leaves there to continue to take the hit on behalf of the new growth, in case I haven't fixed the problem and the damage isn't finished spreading yet. I generally leave them as long as I can stand to look at them. Just in case.
Like most of the stuff I say, this could be wrong... It's something I'm still really wondering about - did do a bunch of googling years ago- but have been too lazy to dig deep enough to find a real answer.

Screen just went on. Had a horrid accident with my autoflower that's probably a week and a half into flowering. The branch to one of it's primary tops broke, I tried to mend it but it was too far gone. How full should I let the screen get? Should I essentially only see budding sites on the canopy?

Take a look at my reveg in my signature for a scrog idea... If that's not enough check out the man himself C256 Cap'n style. The guy harvested 32 ounces from his scrog. He did a great job!

Check it out. I bet you learn something

Best of luck Holmes!

Current coverage. The autoflower is the center one with the chopped branch ):
Was gonna veg till the autoflower was done doing it's thing. Suggestions?
image23942.jpg

Thank you very much pigeon! Your reveg looks promising, what kind of training did you apply to the hog to get that 6oz's? That thing was impressive! Suggest I do some pinching? And how far should I let the growth come through the screen before I tuck it? 2-4"? When should I trim up this autoflower?

Thank you! This is my first time reveg and SCROG so I'm far from any expert. But to answer your questions

- training the hog didn't take much at all. I topped her once at about 3-4 weeks in veg and that was it. I made more mistakes with her then anything important haha

- if by "pinching" you mean taking the top off with your fingers. Then yes I say go for it! Try not to top her more then 8-10 times. I have no experience with this but I've read that after the 8-10th time it starts to stress her out.

- I let the growth grow enough out of the screen that I can tuck it under the next square. Maybe 2-4" like you suggest. Just enough that the top is under the next square... The plant will straighten itself out in search of the light.

- the auto flower is probably best left alone. Just train her sideways. Expose the nodes to the light. Trimming of an auto is best done during the early stage of veg.

Hope that helps big guy!
:Namaste:

A little update for you guys. I feel as though I've been training them correctly... Perhaps a bit over the top, as I've managed to break another stem. Thankfully this one looks fixable :/. Anyone care to correct my tucking technique? I'm creating adequate space for the nodes on every branch to receive some light. And everything seems to be approaching the screen. Think I'm close to the 75% I need to switch 12/12?
image24058.jpg

Oh and some defoliation
image24057.jpg

That looks perfect to me. Going from a plant in a five gallon pot tied down to the holes in the sides with pipe cleaners, then set in the screen when I flip- it looked about like yours or a bit smaller - then after about 2 and 1/2 weeks looks like this- not perfect maybe but good enough for me... 19"x24" screen...
image22050.jpg

Damn, that's a well trained plant. How long did you veg her? Clone or seedling? Strain? I wanna fill my 3x2 with a single DWC Ice feminized plant next go around.

Thanks! Yes, my screens those size fit four per 600w light. But really I want to fasten them together into one screen and grow one plant per 600. Just working my way through a bunch of different strains to find out which plants I want to grow the most. To be honest it didn't take very much training for that plant to end up the way it looks in the screen. It was easy. That is a jack herer. Unfortunately it's the greenhouse seeds company version which I am not impressed with at all so far. I harvested one small one already and personally don't like the smoke. It was vegged for nine weeks, from seed. It probably vegged slowly with with the LST and whatnot-I wasn't in a hurry

Just got done adjusting the timers! thanks for all the support so far guys, I've really appreciated the insight.
With 12/12 beginning today I'll be pulling down my MH cleaning the cooltube and throwing up my hps. Should I be expecting an increase in heat? I've done a bit of research but I'm getting mixed answers. Oh and also, given the transition should I hold off on the nutrients for a week or two or update my regiment to the flowering phase of nutes? Thanks again bros, can't wait to taste my own herb!

I started the week before the flip with flowering nutes... Now I am working on phasing out the grow big and just rolling with the flowering nutes, cha ching and big bloom. That mh is going to put out more heat then the hps without a doubt. I was able to get away with just single fan and now I had to add a input fan also. Heat can become an issue just get prepped to deal with it as it comes.

Back
Top Bottom