Keeping it Underground 600 Watt HPS + 8 Light T5 Cellar Grow

They sure are looking good there Trouble.

While we don't put a thermometer in our res I can't imagine the temp of the water getting higher than the temp right under the lights. We try to keep out little remote temp sensor thingy right under the light and at the top of the canopy. It only makes sense that if your temps are no more than 80 degrees at that level when the lights are on then your res should be even lower seeing how the temperature changes drastically every inch further from the lights. I mean it makes sense that your roots are getting slimey as a result of a heat issue but I honestly can't see how your res temp is getting as high as the temp at canopy level...or even higher. :)

DSC01648_800x600_.jpg

Ow wow roots cleaned up nicely.You may have posted this early on in your post but what did you use to flush your roots and what was your technique.:peace:

Can somebody please tell me how to use this thing?????? Ill have my co2 tank filled when i get my tent my dimensions will be 3'11" x 3'11'' x 6. No idea how much to tun the little black knob or what # to keep the clear tube on????????
DSC01649_800x600_.jpg

I am not sure I have never used co2 but is going to be my next add on...I think you need a controler.Or something to measure the ppm in the air so you can measure the amount of co2 your releasing....OW and also some co2 fire alarms just keep it safe.I am realy wanting one of these I would be happy just to open the valve and fill my tent before closing the doors every once and a while.:peace:

Ow wow roots cleaned up nicely.You may have posted this early on in your post but what did you use to flush your roots and what was your technique

I washed the res and everything in it, changed the nutes, and cut the shitty slime off. Seemed to work :) But i had it come back a little a couple of times and i just cut it off. It hasnt came back for a little bit now so my roots are looking better. I just wait to go down to slime every morning and every morning i dont have slime will be a good day :)

They sure are looking good there Trouble.

While we don't put a thermometer in our res I can't imagine the temp of the water getting higher than the temp right under the lights. We try to keep out little remote temp sensor thingy right under the light and at the top of the canopy. It only makes sense that if your temps are no more than 80 degrees at that level when the lights are on then your res should be even lower seeing how the temperature changes drastically every inch further from the lights. I mean it makes sense that your roots are getting slimey as a result of a heat issue but I honestly can't see how your res temp is getting as high as the temp at canopy level...or even higher.

Im going to have a much bigger res next grow. That should help with the problem.
And thank you skooter :)

I have never used co2 but I am pretty sure you need some type of controller or a timer along with a ppm meter to measure the co2 level.If you had a ppm meter you could test the air and adjust the the pressure reading of the regularor to match to your liking.Just a guess but its some sketchy advise when dealing with co2 its better to be safe.I believe you close regulator valve and close main valve just to be sure there both closed.Open main valve use sopy water check for regulator leaks.Sea that main psi meter is working then open up regulator valve and the preasure released threw the valve should read on the little ball that floats up on the regulator or may read how many cubic feet of co2 thats pumped out pr hr.3x3 maybe at .5 cubic ft to start.A controller would give an accurate setting I think you just calibrate the controller and plug the cylinoid in to it.This is just what I have read I have no expereince.:peace:

Hey turttle :) Thank man... I do have a ppm meter but isnt it for liquid??? It wont even turn on unless its submerged. The guy at my hydro shop would prolly know 4 sure. He uses it :) My regulator is brand new prolly only been used once and iv got it on there tight. When i ran it out i had everything turned up so that when it was on i could feel it slightly coming out of the tubing iv streched all the way around my plants...Im guessin that was WAY too high since my tank was empty in 2 days...

Hey turttle :) Thank man... I do have a ppm meter but isnt it for liquid??? It wont even turn on unless its submerged. The guy at my hydro shop would prolly know 4 sure. He uses it :) My regulator is brand new prolly only been used once and iv got it on there tight. When i ran it out i had everything turned up so that when it was on i could feel it slightly coming out of the tubing iv streched all the way around my plants...Im guessin that was WAY too high since my tank was empty in 2 days...

They make another meter that test the ppm or ph in the air as well.I think when running co2 you should start at about 700ppm.I have done a bit more reading up on it I am realy itching to get a set up my self.The controllers are a bit spendy.They are good to have.But mostly you do need a timer.There should be a plug comming off the cylinoid to your regulator plug this into a timer or a controler.It is always wise to check for leaks on a reg.just in case there has been manufacture error.When using co2 I dont think it takes much just a little with the use of a fan during lights on.But yes I would deffinatly get a second opinion from your local hydro store.
PS: Just seen them picks and your ladys are looking nice:peace:

004_800x600_.jpg

006_800x600_.jpg

008_800x600_.jpg

007_800x600_.jpg

009_800x600_.jpg

These are about a week old and I will be taking new pics tonight. They are much bigger and bushier. Any tips, hints and all help is very welcome. I do have a little algae starting and as of right now i cant afford the hygrozyme so i will use just a little hydrogen peroxide and a special cloth I bought for the occation. Not sure if this is the best thing for me to do but since this site is a lil slow right now and i dont want it to get too bad im going to give it a shot

Hey, FWIW: Your roots are telling a story. Note the portions well above the nutrient are white with lots of tiny lateral roots (fish bones): this is closer to what you want than the stringy roots in the soup. You are striving to develop a root system with tons of root hairs that grow from the fish bones.

I tried every conceivable method before stumbling across HPA. Now on my 3rd HPA grow, but my first with all the hardware in place from day 1.

Here's what HPA roots look like

IMG_0741_333x500_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom