Keeping it Underground 600 Watt HPS + 8 Light T5 Cellar Grow

The drama had nothing to do with HPA, it was the starters which were in a bubbler. Got that dialed in. All 6 of my babies popped within 48 hours and now have opened up their first leaves.

Hope you subscribe

With the bubblers I am having a problem with starting seeds.I have no problem sprouting in the rock wool but seems with the bubbler the seedling soaks up all the water and just goes into hybernation.I have a superskunk that has not even started its first leaves and its been a month.Started to let her dry out a bit see what this does.IDK huge set back thow.:peace:

With the bubblers I am having a problem with starting seeds.I have no problem sprouting in the rock wool but seems with the bubbler the seedling soaks up all the water and just goes into hybernation.I have a superskunk that has not even started its first leaves and its been a month.Started to let her dry out a bit see what this does.IDK huge set back thow.
I started mine with a errigation manifold and water pump with 6 tubes runnin to each rockwool cube. That Worked, I had sprouts in a couple days :)

Ok PetFlora... Read through most of your jounal...Wow lotsa drama in the beginning but HPA sounds way too complicated Im into simplicy. My problems will go away with experience and a larger res. Check out the SkooterClowns grow... AMAZING! Roots out the wazoo, Million times better than mine and its so simple once its all dialed in :)

Hang in there Troublesome. You're learning a lot and you sure are keeping things going thru some rough stuff. You are so right. when you put all this experience together and get it dialed in you'll be lovin' life :)

With the bubblers I am having a problem with starting seeds.I have no problem sprouting in the rock wool but seems with the bubbler the seedling soaks up all the water and just goes into hybernation.I have a superskunk that has not even started its first leaves and its been a month.Started to let her dry out a bit see what this does.IDK huge set back thow.:peace:

Turttle: Ya, that's a potential problem. I think I just solved it by using a smaller storage box (6 liter- think mens shoe bx) and 2 X 10" air stones. There's a picture in my journal (shameless plug)

Where one stone should be adequate in that small space, I think the extra O2 bubbles (doubling the amount of bubbles) allows me to increase the distance between the bottom of the net pot and the water, while maintaining the appropriate dampness- moist, but not soaking.

Right now 4 of the 6 are already close to 1.5", the other 2 less than an inch. All should have their first leaf set reaching for the light by morning

The other thing I did was instead of simply using pH balanced water, I started with a very dilute 70 ppm of DM Gold grow nutes. Today I raised it to 200ppms. I am hoping the roots will be on a mission to reach it.

T2: Yes viable seeds typically pop within 48 hrs, but my last attempt I lost all 6 seeds using S2G cubes in a much larger bubble pod. It took me awhile to realize pilot error. I buried the seeds too deep, and they did not make their way out of the unforgiving fibers. I used S2G again, and all is well, confirming pilot error. Lesson learned, and passed on. Now you can understand my emphasis.

Tomorrow I will set up the second HPA system, only because I have one plant from my journal that is now in flower nute stage.
The good news is as both seeds are autoflower, so, I can put them under the same light. I will need to get it up too, and fast the way these seedlings are growing.

Turttle: Ya, that's a potential problem. I think I just solved it by using a smaller storage box (6 liter- think mens shoe bx) and 2 X 10" air stones. There's a picture in my journal (shameless plug)

Where one stone should be adequate in that small space, I think the extra O2 bubbles (doubling the amount of bubbles) allows me to increase the distance between the bottom of the net pot and the water, while maintaining the appropriate dampness- moist, but not soaking.

Thank you petflora yeah I agree.I do have smaller bubblers I made out of coffee tubs and I would place a plastic zip lock over.This works great for cloning but yeah the only thing the seeds do is sook the water into their pre leaves and wait till summer lol.I thought I was the only one experiencing this...I do have a new little project.Like you said with a smoller box.I plan on using a small 5 gallon storage container with 2 inch net pots and cut the bottoms out just enouph so I can fit rock wool.Run just little water with little starter nute.And then with a larger 20 gallon storage I will make an inqubator bolt 3 t5s to the lid with a couple pc fans and fit the smaller bubble storage into the larger inqubator storage.Its just a thought right now but when I am done it should be pro.If I dont have any luck I am sure it will make a great cloner.:peace:

LOL I like that saying......I have been pondering this I deal for a while.I half to admit its not worth doing unless its something that looks like its been purchased and I can resell it later.I think what I am really waiting for is a humidity dome that I can fabricate to a bubbler that will fit into a fabed inqubator.But I havent came across anything that goes togeather yet.I build scale rc planes and helis for a hobby.Difficult to find the parts that will go togeather the way I have it pictured.The main thing is cleanes and simplicity.Realy just something to tinker on and have something thats portable and easy to store.

The direct transfer and drop in is resolvable, but ideally, plants and roots need space once they are transferred. By using the PVC coupler technique, you minimize the transfer and the stress.

As I only have one healthy survivor (one more still might recover, but it is far behind) I am going to grow it out in the center of a 14 G pod. Periodic root shots will reveal how far apart plants need to be with a 2 ft strain

If convesations do not pertain to my grow plese disscuss them in petflora's forum DO NOT JACK MY thread! I dont not care in the slightest about hpa its too complicated please take it elsewhere. Im not being a dick just having problems with my grow and want to keep my thread focused on my problems not this hpa. No doubt its cool and all but still... Thank you

If convesations do not pertain to my grow plese disscuss them in petflora's forum DO NOT JACK MY thread! I dont not care in the slightest about hpa its too complicated please take it elsewhere. Im not being a dick just having problems with my grow and want to keep my thread focused on my problems not this hpa. No doubt its cool and all but still... Thank you

You are absolutely right. My bad. The only reason why I did was that you expressed an interest, but even that got off topic

Ok back to bizznss :)
The knats havent got any worse but are still there...
SOOOO I was thinking.?.?.? Knats will die if submerged completley.
Would it be wise to take my extra res, fill it to the top with a h2o2 water mix for a few and take em out???????????? Id bet that would take care of them lil Fu**ers, drowned em :)

You are absolutely right. My bad. The only reason why I did was that you expressed an interest, but even that got off topic
No worries bro :) And i am in a shitty mood today cuz my plants look a slight bit funny today :( Now i take back the (i could care less) comment, because i subscribed to your thread to tag along there :) HPA seems cool and all just not for me. Ill be around your thread and im sure we can help each other :)

Ok my plants are doing some stretching... I cant drop my light any closer or itll burn my plants. The leaves have lightened up and instead of them being tight fat indica leaves they've spread out???? Ill take some pics to show whats up.

Normal
DSC01682_800x600_.jpg

Not Normal
DSC01683_800x600_.jpg

Back
Top Bottom