KillerTrees 6 plant aero - paradise

Nice looking setup, love that aero. Is that a dog bed next to your crop? Well this will be a fun scrog, looking foward to see that baby fill up. gl

Thats a nice aero setup, good and simple: It's a good template for my possible upgrade in the future

yah i got the bug though, I'm gonna be changing to the ezclone sprayers and getting a cooler as a reservoir so my chiller will be more efficient. For the most part my chiller always keeps the water to within 1-2 degrees of where it needs to be which is acceptable but I want perfection and the cooler I am getting is a 150qt Coleman that walmart has on their website... and it's white :)

Since my chiller keeps the res close to where it needs to be already, I'm hoping it will always be right at 68 with the cooler. $75 for that is a lot cheaper than upgrading chillers, I already dumped $170 on this one and if I can achieve the same results by making this one more efficient I'm all for it.

I also might be upgrading to a better pump for the sprayers, possibly an external one. I already got myself a new manifold so v2.0 is gonna be top notch. I like this current system, don't get me wrong... I am amazed I was able to put it together and it actually works :grinjoint:

I mean it rooted all 6 cuttings and now has 6 healthy plants (first try). They are actually right up to the screen now so I went ahead and installed it. They aren't tall enough to actually have to feed them under or anything but it's pretty impressive. I'll try to snap some pics if I get home at a decent hour tomorrow.

looking good bro. I hear you on the humidity. Good thing is you have some time before you need to get it down. My last grow, I was vegging at around 80-85% humidity, and then luckily the season changed and when I started flowering, it went down to about 45-50% and I didn't have any issues with mold.

They love high humidity during veg, so you're good to go for now. I would look into a dehumidifier for when you start flowering them. With 1000w of light, you will be growing some really tight buds.

If you can't get a dehumidifier, you could try venting your furnace into the room to dry it down some. That's the only thing I did to lower my humidity and it dropped it by over 30%. Right now, my humidity is at 35-45% with nothing but the furnace blowing.

How much longer are you going to veg them for?

you could try venting your furnace into the room to dry it down some.

this may sound odd, but call me cheap... this actually has been my furnace. I'm using some exhisting ducting in the house that isn't used currently and I cut out like a half meter section. I have the side going inside the house hooked up to the hood, and the other side that goes up to the roof on the second story for exhausting the tent's air(no scrubber, hopefully that will be ok.) I run my light cycle at night time when it is coldest and believe it or not it really takes the edge off in the house :cool:

Come summer time I will be exhausting both outside but for the time being it just made too much sense to recycle the heat :hmmmm:

How much longer are you going to veg them for?

I honestly have no idea whatsoever... I know nothing about growing, I understand the basics but mainly what you see is monkey see monkey do. I think I know about what it is suppose to look like from pics when i switch to flower and when I see that I will, or if people here tell me it is ready then I'll do it then

I gotta head out for now but will try to snap a new shot when I get back home, it has been a while since I have posted a pic and they have gotten a lot fuller for sure, so I'll snap a shot so you can see

this may sound odd, but call me cheap... this actually has been my furnace. I'm using some exhisting ducting in the house that isn't used currently and I cut out like a half meter section. I have the side going inside the house hooked up to the hood, and the other side that goes up to the roof on the second story for exhausting the tent's air(no scrubber, hopefully that will be ok.) I run my light cycle at night time when it is coldest and believe it or not it really takes the edge off in the house :cool:

No carbon scrubber is a good way to get caught. You should never say, "I hope this is okay" when It comes to doing something illegal. I don't know anything about your lifestyle, but I only assume going to jail isn't on your Itinerary of Life.

Unless you have a license, get a scrubber. A carbon scrubber was the first thing I bought when I wanted to start growing, and I had it sit around for 2 years before I finally used it when I started my grow. Smell, aside from possible talking too much, is the #1 giveaway for a grow op. I can pick the scent of weed out of the air like a ninja on speed.

Growing next door to a cop, and growing up with a cop as a father: teaches you a few things about security :p Also, figure out your veg times: plants get 2-3 times larger after flowering: one can easily run out of room.

***** (5-stars) for a nice operation

No carbon scrubber is a good way to get caught. You should never say, "I hope this is okay" when It comes to doing something illegal.

it's legal, I live in a medical state. But it isn't exactly something i want my neighbors to know is going on here either so I'll look into one.. I just figured venting on the roof of the second floor would be ok

it's legal, I live in a medical state. But it isn't exactly something i want my neighbors to know is going on here either so I'll look into one.. I just figured venting on the roof of the second floor would be ok

Good to hear you're all legal :) But yes, you're right- neighbors smelling it could end up with the cops getting called , etc. So long as you're not in danger of getting thrown in the pokie!

Venting it up high is okay, but it depends on the weather: most people aren't comfortable letting mother nature decide when people will smell their crop :p

here is the current pic, I got the unrooted cuttings on Thanksgiving so just over 1 month since i put them in to clone
scr5.JPG

Is that a dog bed next to your crop?

yah I hang out in there quite a bit, so I set up his spot. I've read to keep pets away cause they bring stuff in from outside but I have some ladybugs to prevent such things after reading horror stories and they could probably use some food anyway

so I had to secure the net pots with zip ties, they started tipping real bad with the round PVC. I got em all secured now, and I'm sure you can see why they were tipping, look at the size of the stocks 1 month in lol.. pretty impressive.. I haven't even really started feeding em in the screen yet minus like 1-2" worth so I can only assume they will grow more..

ligh.JPG

I did my first bit of keeping the plants under the screen today, but it is only like 1-2" worth... but they finally did pop through. I really do love this hood though. You'd think this MH was a CFL with as cool as it stays to the touch

clo1.JPG

the mesh for the roots will finally be in stock friday i think... i'll post pictures of the roots in the res before i try to somehow stuff them back into the pvc... it's so out of control. This grow isn't going as planned that's for sure, but im doin my best being a first timer ;)

If you do an aero setup like this... trust me don't use the basic screen door screen as your net, the roots grow right through it. I'm hoping I have the grow back under control this weekend, I'll post pics when i do

oh I also do have spider mites and it is like the ladybugs are useless, I think the clones themselves had mites and being a newbie i didnt know to dip em before entering my tent. Luckily the plants are small enough to manage.. I have some stuff to kill them with on the way and I will also use some neem since it is early enough. Things arent going good that's for sure... dang ladybugs are useless... dont use them thinking they will prevent mites. I caught them a couple days ago, good thing i checked this early in my grow to find them

I used some stuff called SMC, spidermite control that i bought off of ebay. I will spray them again in another week then again when i switch to flower and hope for the best. I caught them really early so I'm sure it should be ok. I have no idea if this stuff is any good, it was just cheap. it says its contents are

1% Coriander Oil
94% Canola Oil
5% Triethanolamine

update on the root situation though, I did get the mesh and I had to untangle the roots in the res... by untangle I mean tear them apart :) then I just stuffed the roots into the pvc and sealed em up with a finer screen. I'm an idiot though, I meant to take a picture of the disaster but when I got the screen I got excited and went straight to fixing the system so I don't have a pic of it like I said I would. The screen is like a silk, it's so fine of a screen I dont see how roots can grow through this stuff. I'll try to snap a pic tomorrow sometime of the screen I have on it now. It is an ugly fix but it will keep those roots enclosed

think tearing the roots is going to stress em out bad? or will it just slow the growing down while they repair the roots or something?

Ive heard of all the home remedies but found some ppl that say this stuff works... i guess it isnt totally safe but it is so early it isnt like the Triethanolamine is getting on the flowers since there isnt any yet anyway so it seemed like a good choice and it was cheap. I guess it is some bad stuff even though it does SAY you can use it all the way through flower Ive read that it isn't reccomended, if you do make sure it doesn't come in contact with the flowers. I read the home remedies just dont seem to always work even though lots do swear by em.. Guess I'm one of those willing to spend a few bucks on a product from the "professionals" so to speak.. What ive read about the SMC has mostly been good where the tobacco, dish soap, alcohol etc has mixed reviews and being a newbie I'm sure you can see why I went this route

Back
Top Bottom