KillerTrees 6 plant aero - paradise

Day 56 of Flower :

bd809.JPG

scr809.JPG

some of the buds are fattening up and getting a little too heavy and starting to lean a bit but I think that's a good problem to have

day 59 of flower (they just wont stop :cheer: )

scr819.JPG

bd4819.JPG

scr2819.JPG

things are still growing daily and no more than 5-10% of the hairs are changing color yet. I really need to get a microscope to see the trich's.

I love how they are still growing but I'd sure love a strain that finished a little faster. Can nobody tell by the pics if this is indica/sativa?? i assume sativa with how long the flower period is taking, or atleast sativa dominant but I'm not totally sure, just a guess

Day 61 of flower

I got a magnifier, it is around 10-15% cloudy trichs, definitely a lot more clear but I went ahead and started flushing today anyway with clearex. Hopefully in a week or so they will be mostly cloudy and ready for chop. I wanna build my new setup. I'm more excited about it than this harvest. Really all this grow was meant for is proof of concept and it proved worthy

Day 61 of flower

I got a magnifier, it is around 10-15% cloudy trichs, definitely a lot more clear but I went ahead and started flushing today anyway with clearex. Hopefully in a week or so they will be mostly cloudy and ready for chop. I wanna build my new setup. I'm more excited about it than this harvest. Really all this grow was meant for is proof of concept and it proved worthy

You got to love fat girls (lol). What is your new set up going to be like? Don't remember if you posted or if I asked you, but what nutes are you using?

You got to love fat girls (lol). What is your new set up going to be like? Don't remember if you posted or if I asked you, but what nutes are you using?

I have external pumps, one for the sprayers, and one for the chiller, my reservoir is a 150qt coleman cooler, I will be using a real chiller this time too, one with coolant unlike that garbage one that fried halfway through my grow. I am also switching from 4" pvc to 6" and I have some 6"x6"x2" tees for where the net pots will be going (all white this time around for better reflection too) and I will be using EZ clone sprayers instead of the current ones I have that don't cover as much of an area.

The 6" PVC and the Tee's are NOT cost effective so I strongly advise not using them if you have to purchase, I'm only doing it with those things because as I said before PVC is extremely easy for me to get. I literally have access to anything and everything PVC related at extremely low cost. If I were paying full price I would probably be using fence post instead of the 6x6x2 Tee's to get my level area to place the net pots and it would be equally as good and way cheaper, just in my case this way is actually cheaper :riskybusiness: .

and yes, these are the kind of fat girls I love :)

(although I've had those crazy nights with the other kind too, but we don't talk about that)

It's gone pretty well for you.
Can't wait for the secound grow! :ciao:
:peace:

I ran into so many problems this grow I probably won't do another journal until I know it will be perfect lol. I want more experience so I don't feel like such a newb, but 3rd or 4th grow I will, and should be a good one :)

Beefy Colas!
Much to be Proud of KillerTree!

Rep+

but there could have been so many more of those colas :yummy: live and learn

and Sky Rocket I forgot to say the nutes, I used Botanicare lineup: pbp grow/bloom, sweet, liquid karma, cal-mag

for Veg I did half strength for the first couple weeks then I upped it to normal and once switching to flower I didn't change the res, I just kept topping off with the bloom cycle stuff until the 2nd or 3rd week when I finally got around to changing the res, since then I ran out of the grape sweet and started using the regular berry sweet. Next grow I will cut back on the nutes though, I got some nute burn at times when the water lvl in the res dropped especially, at one point it was pushin 3,000+ PPM. I use regular tap water(good water here though) so I went on the lighter end of the recommended dose of cal-mag. Other than that pretty much just what's recommended by botanicare which is too much for this strain, I am doing White Russian next grow and read it is a tough strain that loves nutes but I will definitely try to ease it up and not just go full out like I did with this grow. I will have a top off reservoir this time too so I wont have to worry about those huge spikes if I have to go out of town for a few days when the water gets low

so this paradise strain I have been growing in this journal, after asking around and trying to investigate :reading420magazine: it more it is actually a strain called "swiss Bliss" so the answer to my question if it is indica/sativa dominant, it is a Sativa for anybody interested. I googled for the strain after finding out the name and it also explains it's slow flower time which is now going on 10 weeks.

wow, that 1000 really makes those nugs huge. the 150 make little puppy buds, but your 1000 makes great big dogs.

nice grow, really nice grow, good luck on filling out the screen better next time around.

wow, that 1000 really makes those nugs huge. the 150 make little puppy buds, but your 1000 makes great big dogs.

nice grow, really nice grow, good luck on filling out the screen better next time around.

yah it's pretty amazing, and after reading up on this swiss bliss it averages 400g per m2, supposively the white russian I will be doing next is 500g/m2 so I'm hoping for bigger :grinjoint:

Nothing has changed since the last pic other than they are maturing a bit more which with my camera you could never really see anyway with that bright ass light. When I harvest I will try to take some pics of the colas under normal lighting, I assure you you'll be amazed. Yes they are big and that is amazing, but the crystal production and the color these things have is equally amazing which currently you can't see. The flowers themselves have a hint of purple and a lot of the leaves are full out purple (not that makes em better or anything but they still look pretty) combo'd with resin that looks more like they are fuzzy than actual crystals I'm used to seeing. I can't wait to show you some harvest shots under normal lighting

my camera really sucks, without flash the camera picks up no detail, and with flash it picks up too much and drowns everything out, but here's how she looks now

tr333.JPG

tr334.JPG

I took it off the runt of the pack to make sure I didn't cause any ill effects for the actual producers (2 of em are massive) since I wasn't sure if cutting one was bad or not. I thought about coming to search for the answer but laziness kicked in and figured what the hell... it's my first grow, I'm suppose to make mistakes right?

Before my next journal I will try to invest in a better camera, a real camera. Not the cheapest one on the clearance rack

started with 1 on 5 off, later switched to 5 on 20 off or 25 off, dont even remember, right now I'm on 2 on 8 off because the 5 minutes on with having the sprayer on the side like it is was getting a little but of a drip right before the 5 minutes was up. My design isn't the greatest, it was just the cheapest, spare parts and free parts made this free minus the pump so I'm not complaining, gave me some beautiful plants. My new system will have 360 degree sprayers on the top of the pipe instead of this kind on the side so it won't be an issue anymore I don't think, and I will start playing with times. It will take a few grows I'm sure but I'll eventually find what works best with this system. I know some people even say 24/7 works best, I guess you'd just want to make sure you have an airstone in the res. Really I should have one anyway but I haven't purchased one yet, soon though.

for Veg I did half strength for the first couple weeks then I upped it to normal and once switching to flower I didn't change the res, I just kept topping off with the bloom cycle stuff until the 2nd or 3rd week when I finally got around to changing the res, since then I ran out of the grape sweet and started using the regular berry sweet. Next grow I will cut back on the nutes though, I got some nute burn at times when the water lvl in the res dropped especially, at one point it was pushin 3,000+ PPM. I use regular tap water(good water here though) so I went on the lighter end of the recommended dose of cal-mag. Other than that pretty much just what's recommended by botanicare which is too much for this strain, I am doing White Russian next grow and read it is a tough strain that loves nutes but I will definitely try to ease it up and not just go full out like I did with this grow. I will have a top off reservoir this time too so I wont have to worry about those huge spikes if I have to go out of town for a few days when the water gets low

Here is the formula for my flower room:

Botanicare Nutrients:
126ml Cal-Mag Plus
150ml Sweet
180ml Liquid Karma
540mlL Pure Bend Pro Bloom

Mix all the nutrients in a spare gallon milk container. Add water and shake well. The whole mix will take an 18 gal rez to 2900 PPM.

You need a PPM meter that goes to at least 2000 PPM.

Add about half of the mix and check your PPM. It will be low so you will have to keep adding nutrients until you get it to 2000 PPM.

It is easy to add more nutes but hard to take them out If you go over you have to drain some nute/water from the rez and add more plain water.

That's why you want take it slow at first.

I run this nutrient formula for vegetative growth:

Botanicare Nutrients:
126ML Cal-Mag Plus
180ML Liquid Karma
540ML Pure Bend Pro Vegetative Formula

I start at 1500 PPM and bring it up to 2000 PPM by the second week of veg. I change the nutrients every 3 weeks with each new crop.

I adjust my PH to 5.8

Back
Top Bottom