420 Magazine's Official Girl Scout Cookies Comparative Grow By Beez0404

Congrats on the Harvest(s) Beez0404! That was a helluva grow. :cheesygrinsmiley:

It’s interesting the smells you spoke of. My big lady in the tent has a creamy scent with something else I couldn’t quite figure out. @Emilya mentioned the other day that she smelled a slight orange in her grow room and BAM! It hit me, mine smells like an Orange Creamsicle. So delicious. :cheesygrinsmiley: Interesting that you are getting a citrus scent also. 2 of my other three smell the same way, and the other one smells a lot like the turpentine odor you mentioned. I’ve really enjoyed watching your grow. :bravo:

Congrats on the harvest, beez! 87 and 100 grams from 2 of them sounds pretty good to me. I got 80 grams a piece off the 2 GSCs I grew last year.

I see a fifth NOTM win in your future! Congrats on the final harvest and :bravo: on the grow.
4th NOTM, c'mon man! The harvest was actually better then expected considering the early problems and the small size of the pots. Have a great Sunday, Shed and everyone.

Thank you everyone who has followed my comparative grow journal. But the time has come to put this journal to bed.

I want to extend a sincere thank you to the following:

@Weed Seeds Express without whom this whole Comparative Grow would not have taken place.

@Mars Hydro for providing me with their wonderful FC-4800 grow light that worked like a charm.

@Prescription Blend for letting me try out their nutrients and for your hands on participation in the grow.
Your nutrient line turned out to do a fantastic job even in spite of me.

@InTheShed our resident 3 time Member of the Year for your invaluable wealth of information and willingness to share
it with all of us.

And finally 420 Magazine for providing the platform on which the comparative grow was held.

It has been fun seeing all the various growing styles and results.

@Renee Roberts Please mark this journal as completed.

Thank you everyone who has followed my comparative grow journal. But the time has come to put this journal to bed.

@Weed Seeds Express without whom this whole Comparative Grow would not have taken place.

@Mars Hydro for providing me with their wonderful FC-4800 grow light that worked like a charm.

@Prescription Blend for letting me try out their nutrients and for your hands on participation in the grow.

@InTheShed our resident 3 time Member of the Year for your invaluable wealth of information and willingness to share
it with all of us.

And finally 420 Magazine for providing the platform on which the comparative grow was held.

EXCELLENT sign off @beez0404. I've enjoyed watching your grow. Thanks.

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Here is a technique I figured out for steady shots with a sensitive e-scope…had a microphone stand ready to be repurposed.
3387BC17-7F1C-4AEF-932A-0F77FEAB5164.jpeg
8C9F9A4C-5A4F-4A8B-A673-1A810D063EB2.jpeg
Lmao that set up looks much nicer than mine! I use duck tape to tape the microscope to the mop stick and an old camera stand haha!

Sorry it's taken me so long to get around to this. After spending what felt like a million hours getting this stuff all setup over a 3 month period, I've had to take time out to catch up on the last 3 months of other things that fell behind as a result.

Anyway, what can I say man, you knocked it out of the park. I'm super impressed with your results, those colas were so pumped up and beautiful, wish I could enjoy the taste test with you :bravo:

Your photography was also top notch, I'll probably be using some of your photos to promote your work around the site in the days to come, always with credit to you. Congrats on Nug of the Month as well, a victory well deserved :high-five:

Keep up the great work, looking forward to seeing more of your magic!

Girl Scout Cookies Update
Today at Flip + 59 Days

Day 115 total from sprout

Two down with two left standing. 6.82 The first plant I harvested, the smallest of the four has been dried and trimmed up and is in the jar. Final weight on her came in at 78 grams.

OH, and I discovered that the pots I grew them in that I thought were 3 gallon pots are only 2 gallon pots. I should have taken a photo of the roots in the bottom of that first plants root mass. Very thick and dense mass of roots. SO rootbound it was sad.

The second plant is now hanging in the dark closet drying.

And here is some information requested by Matthew @Prescription Blend . I took a sample of the ProMix from about mid pot on the first GSC I harvested and did a slurry test. I'm not 100% sure the consistency of my slurry is proper so not sure of these results. After stirring the mix of the ProMix and distilled water here and there for 2 days the pH reading came in at 6.82 So down from back when I was having the issues but not down in that magical 6.5 range.

I am already planning another grow using the Rx Blend nutrient line to grow a couple of autoflowering plants. I have a bag of store bought ProMix BX I'll be using so there shouldn't be any pH issues.

A quick picture of what's left in the Girl Scout Cookies tent. I did a wet trim on two of the colas on the ping pong ball bud plant as I had pollinated them with Lemon Pie auto pollen. I also lightly dusted a couple buds on the Durban leaner the plant on the right. As I said in my last post she'll run till she has lots of amber trichromes.

I was getting ready to harvest the last Girl Scout Cookies plant tonight (the Durban leaner) and got out my USB microscope to check on the trichromes. This is what I saw. You reckon that's from the Purpinator? No matter, she's definitely ready to come down.

Good day, beez. I never noticed this before but Post #646 shows 2 plants left but then in Post #653, you say you're getting ready to harvest the last Girl Scout Cookies plant tonight? What happened with the other plant in the tent? When was it harvested?

it with all of us.

I came in late and just saw your final pics and harvest info. Amazing grow man. Really beautiful plants. Great work.

Back
Top Bottom