UG's Paradise

You should start seeing some improvement with those levels of nutes. They were starving for Nitrogen and some micronutrients. I see cases of over fert all the time. UG, Let me know how your babies react to those increased nutrient levels bro.

Here's some pics from 2 days since the increased nutrient levels.

Leaves seem to be getting worse but hopefully they will get a little better soon (what would you guys do about the yellowing leaves if they don't improve, just leave them till they fall off or pluck em?)

Despite the issues, today is day 28 and things are looking pretty sparkly? I'm sure these deficiencies are stressing them out which is leading to lots of trichs but hopefully this won't effect the swell too much

IMG_057415.jpg
IMG_057717.JPG
IMG_057817.JPG
IMG_057911.jpg
IMG_058015.jpg

3 days ago
IMG_056413.jpg

today
IMG_057613.jpg

Since your plants are already so far into flower, they are already pulling the available nutrients from the old fan leaves and relocating them to the buds where they are needed the most. It is just the natural response since the plant is trying to reproduce since that is what they are designed to do....put all of their stored reserves into their flowers (which would most likely contain seeds in nature). As long as your buds and the small leaves growing within the buds are still green, you should be good to go. Those large fan leaves will never recover at this stage of the game. I think your grow will do just fine if you keep providing adequate nutrients at this point and until right before harvest. How many more weeks are you estimating you have left? Is it 28 days since you flipped the switch to 12/12?

A heavy defoliation at this stage is a tough choice. You will definitely open up the canopy and allow some light to get to the smaller buds/popcorn underneath. Also, those big fan leaves that are very yellow are becoming carbon sinks at this point and not carbon sources..basically eating carbohydrates but not producing much to contribute to the over health of the plant.. But, Only defoliate of you are certain that you have the nutrient regimen figured out. You might try a very light defoliation and continue to pluck as flowering progresses. I prefer one heavy defoliation and then plucking leaves as I deem necessary to allow light where I want it to go A lighter defoliation is safer since your babies were a bit underfed.

Hey UG,
Looking pretty frosty, regardless of the yellowing!
Myself,
I'd be pulling the bigger ones.
Cuz it looks like you didn't defoil at day 21.
You'd get some better light penetration as well.
:thumb:

BPN: What you say completely makes sense to me man. It's been 28 days since the switch to 12/12 from 24/0 and I did a pretty heavy defoliation/cleanup of straggly stuff at day 21. I wanted to just wait till day 45 because I just did it but I think your right that if I pull them now they will send the energy to the good parts left, just hope it doesn't stress it too much.

Hey UG,
Looking pretty frosty, regardless of the yellowing!
Myself,
I'd be pulling the bigger ones.
Cuz it looks like you didn't defoil at day 21.
You'd get some better light penetration as well.

I know it doesn't look like it, but I got a full black trash bag full of them lol. You think it's still safe to do it this soon after? I just don't want to stress it too much you know? Thanks for the compliment brother :high-five:

That's the way I do it ..... basically

At this point I'm not expecting to get much from this run due to the numerous amount of problems that have hit me. Next time I'll keep a closer eye on watering needs and definitely use BPN's website feed chart as a guideline instead of the bottles, quite surprised they made it this far lol. I'm confident that the upcoming run will be a lot smoother, and have wrote a list of little things to make things easier for me (sub pump and wand for watering, mag drive for drainage, 12" maxfan for cooling lights, Dri Eaz water cooled dehumidifier for the whole basement)

Yesterday I plucked a bunch of yellow leaves off the 3 biggest plants but they are the most effected too, hopefully things get better but I'm looking at this as a learning experience

Ya know, I had alot of problems with my first grow. But, I still ended up with over 2 ounces per plant. And, my plants didn't look nearly as good as yours do. You'll do much better than I did.

Quit being so hard on yourself brother.
It's always a learning experience, and that's the way it should be.
You've done really well considering the speedbumps life's been throwing at you this year.
I apologize for not remembering you did a 21 day defoil. lol
I know what you mean, sometimes you do a heavy defoil, and a week later it looks like you haven't plucked anything.
Sub pump and watering wand is such an amazing tool. And I have been using one for the past few grows. Even for my 5x5 tent, lets me water everyone in there without moving anything around. So I can see how much it would benefit you in your larger room.

so buck up UG!
You're still going to be harvesting some beautiful buds!
You should be very proud.

I just check your first journal Mutt and I might have to disagree with you lol. You got hit by bugs at the end of your grow but you still nailed it and had all other variables in check. Your plants were very lush, and green throughout the grow. My worry is that with all these dying leaves, the plant isn't processing sugars/carbs that it's suppose to be getting due to the deficiencies.

I did a "Rapitest" soil test last night and it said I am low in N and K, but I thought Pro-mix was borderline high in K? Unless I've just flushed most of it out with waterings. Also very weird that I added worm castings at the beginning and I'm having these problems, I'm still debating whether to use pro-mix again or not (I might cut it with coco)

Them be motivating words Vick lol :thanks:

Yeah life is still tough currently, and I've been in a down "zone" for a couple of months now so hopefully things can get better. I honestly don't feel that motivated to do anything in the room because of everything going on. I know that sounds pathetic, but when you've had a shitty day, it sucks going into a room of yellow plants when you've put a lot of work into it. I just wish I had that old kick in my step :rollingeyes: But hopefully things change.

May I ask what kinda pump your using man? I don't want a pump that blow my soil everywhere and crush roots but I also don't want one that comes out a 1 GPH lol. I've heard the 1/6 HP Mondi pumps are good but $200 is a little much, I'd rather do closer to $100.

Here's my weekly list of problems... lol:rip::surrender:

1. Canopy temp is 79 while rootzone temp is 76???
2. Can't find an aquarium heater that will stay suctioned to my reservoir!! It's at like 50F and I have to leave a 5gal jug in the room for an hour before I water! Ugh
3. Excellofizz box fell over, and shit got all over a plant (I replaced with co2 boost)
4. Plants are still yellowing at a fast rate
5. Negative pressure is starting to rip staples out of the poly
6. RO Filters are completely gunked up?? I've had it for like a month??? wtf

First grows either don't make it or they are pretty small. It's all a learning curve. My first grow all died and my second made it but still wasn't huge. We have all been there my friend and feel your pain. Just know you're not alone.

As far as defol goes I do a heavy ass defol at day 21. So heavy infact at day 45 I really don't defol at all. You really have to have your setup and nutes spot on or you're asking for trouble.
If you want some info and help using the BPN just pm me. I have it pretty mucj dialed in. Then again, so do a lot of others so I'm nothing special lol

Here's my weekly list of problems... lol:rip::surrender:

1. Canopy temp is 79 while rootzone temp is 76???
2. Can't find an aquarium heater that will stay suctioned to my reservoir!! It's at like 50F and I have to leave a 5gal jug in the room for an hour before I water! Ugh
3. Excellofizz box fell over, and shit got all over a plant (I replaced with co2 boost)
4. Plants are still yellowing at a fast rate
5. Negative pressure is starting to rip staples out of the poly
6. RO Filters are completely gunked up?? I've had it for like a month??? wtf

Get some DM ZONE now!!! With those temps your just asking for root rot.
I didn't even use the suction cups that came with mine. I used some plastic wire ties to keep it at the right level in my res.
If your negative pressure is that much you need a bigger intake.

Them be motivating words Vick lol :thanks:

Yeah life is still tough currently, and I've been in a down "zone" for a couple of months now so hopefully things can get better. I honestly don't feel that motivated to do anything in the room because of everything going on. I know that sounds pathetic, but when you've had a shitty day, it sucks going into a room of yellow plants when you've put a lot of work into it. I just wish I had that old kick in my step :rollingeyes: But hopefully things change.

May I ask what kinda pump your using man? I don't want a pump that blow my soil everywhere and crush roots but I also don't want one that comes out a 1 GPH lol. I've heard the 1/6 HP Mondi pumps are good but $200 is a little much, I'd rather do closer to $100.

You'll get that kick back in the last week of flower.. don't you worry..
The pump I use is just a cheapo pond pump from the "Little Giant Pump Company"
Not quite sure what size it is, but its model # PE-1F-PW. and looks kinda like this..

Picture_56.png

Doesn't really matter how powerful the pump is, even if its crazy powerful just make sure your wand has a lever on the end so you can control the flow from there. I bought one of those el cheapo wands from home deeps, the 3 footers that are assorted colors. I took the stupid fountain end off because it just leaks too much.
You should be able to pick up these kinda pumps at Home deeps, Gardening stores, probably even aquarium shops. Actually an aquarium shop is probably your best best. Should cost more than about 50 bucks. Then get a length of hose, a male to male brass adapter to make the connect to the wand. Cut one of the ends off and fasten it to the pump with a hose clamp. voila le pumpage!

If you can't track one down, I have an extra one I can send ya. But I kinda wanna hang onto it in case my current one kicks the bucket..
Let me know what you find..

First grows either don't make it or they are pretty small. It's all a learning curve. My first grow all died and my second made it but still wasn't huge. We have all been there my friend and feel your pain. Just know you're not alone.

As far as defol goes I do a heavy ass defol at day 21. So heavy infact at day 45 I really don't defol at all. You really have to have your setup and nutes spot on or you're asking for trouble.
If you want some info and help using the BPN just pm me. I have it pretty mucj dialed in. Then again, so do a lot of others so I'm nothing special lol

I actually have an uncle that has been doing hydro for 10+ years and have learned a lot from him. This is my first grow ever in soil/soilless and I could never imagine it go this way lol. I'm just having a lot of trouble with the availability of the nutrients, like I added some amendments at the beginning and now I just don't know what's going on in there lol. I should be more than fine for Nitrogen, seeing as I added two bags per bale of Promix, but apparently not?? I think this "half" hydro shit just doesn't work for me lol. I'll either be doing a "supersoil" mix that only requires water (maybe one top dress) or use the ebb and flo I have just gaining dust. Just sucks I had to go through all this lol, all because I was reading the feed chart on the bottle and not the website!!

Back
Top Bottom