UG's Paradise

thanks for the heads up jon. I was going to make the flip last night but decided to water and check run off first, and good thing I did lol. p.h is 5.8 but my ppms are very high, you think it would be better to just flush with r.o? or a 25% nute mix?

take er easy my brotha Vick. Hopefully hear from ya soon!:passitleft::smokin:

I like to flush with 1/4 strength nutes - believe it or not it actually flushes more efficiently then straight water as "like molecules bond to like molecules" (in a nutshell). This one isn't a myth, and is endorsed by both nutrient manufacturers and people like Cervantes, etc.

The RO system - the drain is supposed to run much more water. I'm actually jealous of how much pressure you have - it's really a blessing (runs slower with lower pressure). Mine barely registers at 40 psi, which means mine runs probably half the speed of yours, lol. But, I just hook it up to the float valve overnight, and by morning it's done. It takes a little planning, and yes it's a headache a bit, but perfectly normal for an RO system of your size, etc. Just incorporate it as an overnight thing, and make sure you have it connected to the float valve to avoid a flood and you should be good...

Check my reply in my journal regarding your issue too - I really am not sure you even need it based on how low PPM's your water is to begin with.

Hope you had a great X-mas buddy! :)

props for the tips brothas:blunt:

I'm on the same page X, I believe more nutes get washed out with a very mild nute mix. It's still a little scary pouring 10 gal of nute water in a very over-nuted plant lol. I ended up doing about 5 gal of water and 2 gals of 25% mix. I still see some tips are burnt, and theres some overly green foliage so I was planning on pure water until I see the colours lighten up a bit? or would you use 25% nutes everytime you water instead of just water??

Kinda accepted the ro issues hahaha, I'm dumb for not seeing the 2-1 ratio on the box. The only reason I'm using it is because of the chloramines in our water, they add alot of ammonia and it doesn't evaporate.

Precciate you stoppin by brothas, I'll put some pics up tonight...I just got around to flipping the lights yesterday :(:(

props for the tips brothas:blunt:

I'm on the same page X, I believe more nutes get washed out with a very mild nute mix. It's still a little scary pouring 10 gal of nute water in a very over-nuted plant lol. I ended up doing about 5 gal of water and 2 gals of 25% mix. I still see some tips are burnt, and theres some overly green foliage so I was planning on pure water until I see the colours lighten up a bit? or would you use 25% nutes everytime you water instead of just water??

Kinda accepted the ro issues hahaha, I'm dumb for not seeing the 2-1 ratio on the box. The only reason I'm using it is because of the chloramines in our water, they add alot of ammonia and it doesn't evaporate.

Precciate you stoppin by brothas, I'll put some pics up tonight...I just got around to flipping the lights yesterday :(:(

Hi UG!

For flushing, even with a burned tip scenario, I use 25% diluted solution, personally. I'm sure it would be fine to do a clean water flush too, but I like the diluted route.

With drain-to-waste grows (I like coco coir) I measure my run-off PPM's if I think there is a salt build-up. (Not sure if it works the same with soil though?) If they are significantly higher than what I'm putting in or I see burn evidence, I flush (25% strength) until run-off is close to the strength of the diluted mix. Some times this takes a few gallons depending on situation and pot size. Then, next watering/feeding I start working back up gradually (if there was a burn/problem).

On the RO filter: brother I was so flummoxed and intimidated by mine when I got it (initially). It's mot all super intuitive IMO.

Happy New Year bud! :partyboy:

fml things aren't slowing down a single bit over here.

traveling, family, friends, work, school, friends, family, school, travel, work, garden is how my life is right now in that order

Thanks X for all the tippers, I ran through a bunch of .5 EC nutes through and things are looking better. I'm guessing the burnt tips can't come back hey?

PE
IMG_051017.JPG

THC
IMG_051117.JPG

seems like this is getting worse, what would you guys do about it?
IMG_049515.jpg

and I got some Method 7 Sunglasses the other day :)
IMG_051418.jpg

God Damn homie!
Glad to see ya!

Things look really good!!
Seems they all bounced back quite well form the burn..
Did you manage to pull any clones off any before they really started to flower?

Sounds like you've been even busier then last time!

I'm not sure what the problem is in that crotch photo.
Looks like from where you topped it, with a piece of half on electrical tape??
It looks fine to me? I wouldn't worry about it.

And you got a nice new pair of meth$d 7's!!!
You lucky bastard..
What a difference in the flower room with those eh?

Anyway, hope things will start winding down for you as we head into the new year.

UG - they look great! So healthy! Yes, burned tips stay burned - I think that's what you were asking. You can either leave them, or some people don't like looking at it and trim the tips, but it doesn't bother me a ton (other than for photos in the journal!).

I'm not sure what you are referring to in the picture exactly - everything there looks like normal behavior after a topping and I see nothing to worry about. The tip where it was topped just sort of shrivels or stays small and dies, a bit. Nothing to worry about, unless I'm missing something. :)

Boy they sure look great! Nice job, UG! :high-five:

vick :glad to see you here to my brother! sorry for the drop ins but I can't really do much about it right now.

didn't manage to pull any clones, but I kept the best looking PE and THC for mommas. Still hard to judge the nutes for me? don't know why but it seems like they're always hot or deficient lol

Crotch photo hahaha! that's pretty funny lol, but yeah seems like it's just a little dead leftover piece? thank you for calmin me down and clarifying it lol

I'll take a pic today with and without the method 7's, you guys will be so amazed lol

Warning: What your about to see might make you pull your wallets out and make a great purchase...

If your tired of seeing nothing but orange, grab a pair of these
IMG_053319.JPG
IMG_053415.JPG
IMG_053515.JPG
IMG_053615.JPG
IMG_053715.jpg
IMG_053813.jpg

the highlighted two are on day 6 of flower (circle is PE, weird shape is THC). All of the other plants have been in 12/12 for 16 days exactly. All of the PE's are over 3' wide with numerous tops, all from one initial topping. I'm also noticing lots of pistils, but no trichs? obviously it's very early but I normally get trichs right around now and it's just bare to the bone?
IMG_0534_2.jpg

Holy shit UG!
Looking mighty fine in there brother.
You're doing everything right by the looks of it

well deserved reps for coming this far with your setup.
So beautiful to watch!!
:high-five:

mad props for the reps brotha :thanks:

mind if I ask ya a q???

I know it's real late and I should have done it in veg, but it seems like there's quite a bit of straggly shit at the bottom that's not getting much light. I'm not really wanting to lollipop, but more of a "cleanup" to the lightless/useless stuff. Should I do it now? or is it bad to do it during stretch? I see lots of people defoliate on day 25 and 41, should I do that or would it be a bad idea because I haven't really trimmed anything and it could be real stressful? I'm guessing it's not a good idea to do it now, because I don't want to delay the stretch period, does that sound normal or am I trippin? lol WWVD???

mad props for the reps brotha :thanks:

mind if I ask ya a q???

I know it's real late and I should have done it in veg, but it seems like there's quite a bit of straggly shit at the bottom that's not getting much light. I'm not really wanting to lollipop, but more of a "cleanup" to the lightless/useless stuff. Should I do it now? or is it bad to do it during stretch? I see lots of people defoliate on day 25 and 41, should I do that or would it be a bad idea because I haven't really trimmed anything and it could be real stressful? I'm guessing it's not a good idea to do it now, because I don't want to delay the stretch period, does that sound normal or am I trippin? lol WWVD???

Hey bro,
Well deserved my friend.
I would definitely go ahead and pull the scraggly shit at the bottoms that aren't getting any light. Not to the point of lollypoppin though. They're just leaching precious energy IMO. But Wouldn't go too heavy on defoling them up top until stretch is coming to an end. It's usually before or after. So they can concentrate their energy's on bud production instead of recovering from a massive pluck. Maybe just go around and tuck any leaves out of the way to open up hidden sites to light. Or pluck the odd big fan that's shading lower bud sites.
Then I'd say hit em with a defol around day 21, and give em a nice recovery feed after.

I just defoliated really heavy early in flower just because I had no choice. PM hit me hard, and because they were so packed in there I had to act fast. They've been struggling for the past 2 days because of the slap I gave em, but are shaking it off now, and building up steam.
With TONS of light penetration now.:cheesygrinsmiley:
Will be at day 7 of flower tomorrow, and plan to update with photos.

About not seeing trichs?
Are you feeding them any carbs/sugars right now?
If not I'd throw some molasses at them on water days, 15ml/ per gallon, or any other carbs you have in your regime, THEN you'll see some sparkle!!

I like your style bro:high-five:

I think patience is a virtue with this one and I might as well wait till day 21 (2 days away). I see lots of yellowing leaves but they're not 100% dead. Once day 21 comes, Ill get every yellowing fan leaf below as well as shoots/straggly shit. I know it's a little much but I'm going to take a cup of isopropyl and water in there and sterilize scissors in between plants just in case. I just saw your plants man! for day 7 bro damn!:bravo:

yeah PM is deffs a bitch in Canada lol, have you ever thought about a sulphur burner?

I've been adding Botanicare Sweet Raw at 1/2 strength but will pick up some floranectar in the next couple days. Thanks for the great response man your a mad life saver.

Using iso on your blades is a great idea UG.
keeps everything nice a clean.
I should be doing that more often too..

I have thought about a sulphur burner, but
1. I cant afford one,
2. I sleep in the room next to it, and
3. my old lady wouldn't dig the smell too much.:winkyface:

But I'm convinced I've had PM right from the get go.
When I got the first 5 clones of this OG back in July, they got it right away.
So I believe they were infected before I even got em.
Then cloning them for 3 more grows just kept it spreading.
Like family plant herpes.

I think On my next grow I'm going to try and source out some "cleaner" clones.
Or just buy some seeds, and start from scratch.
Plus I'm dying to grow another strain damnit!
Even more so If I can get 2 lights up and running.
:high-five:

Those reasons all make sense to me brother, I more than understand.

And yeah, the famous PK is known for not being mould resistant. Everyone around here grows it, I never have but dang I bet it's a musky smelling plant lol. Very sleepy but probably the 2nd best tasting stuff I've had(next to Hash Truffle at the dispensary lol)

I really hope you can get the electrical shit figured out man, like I said I don't know much about elec but I can always shoot my guy a question if you need to? if your in a jiffy or something

Your plants look awesome though brother, I'd love to sniff their shit :loopy::popcorn:

Back
Top Bottom