UG's Paradise

IMG_030118.jpg

thanks for the comps brothas

I'm having a little trouble dialin in the temps for the Skywalker OG's, I have it around 76-77 and they just don't seem to be enjoying it too much. Should I do like 72-75? or maybe like 78-80?? not too sure if they like it hotter or colder, but I can't find much on the comp

Hi UG!

There's nothing wrong with the temps you are running, if that's the temps that the plant is experiencing. (Sometimes people measure temps of the room, but the plants are a bit hotter where they are under the lights). Temps aren't you issue though if they are really in 76-77f environment. They like the same environment as us, and I don't droop a bit when it's 76-77, in fact I perk up quite a bit... ;)

If Skywalker OG is unhappy, it's something else or it's getting different temps than you are describing... IMO.

Oh, and they look great. You topped them well. Now, take any of the taller tops and gently tie them down just a bit, to encourage the lower tops to catch up and you're really cookin'. :thumb:

That last pic they look a bit like they are over-watered to me in the way the leaves are acting. Is that possible? I'm sure something else could cause that too, but that's my first gut impression...

yes! brotha X to the rescue:passitleft:
thanks for the quick response bro!

I have my thermo/hygrometer attached to a string and hung just above the plant canopy(I raise/lower it as need be). I'm starting to think it can be more than one thing? I just recently purchased some worm castings, silicate, hygrozym and rocks powders (calcite, soft rock phos, gypsum) but not in time for the transplant. So basically there is only dolomite lime and Promix in the 7 Gallon smart pot Skywalker OG you see in last pic. I transplant two days ago and it didn't look this bad yesterday? Should I maybe move it to the perimeter? maybe it still needs less-intense light from the transplant?? I just have no idea

It's weird cause i transplanted it like 3 days ago and it wasn't looking as bad on day 1 of transplant, and I haven't watered since? I think were okay tho :smokin: I'm sure it was a combination of being over watered from the huge transplant, and the other reason is I think Xlr8 was kinda right too. My thermo/hygrometer has been on a string from main support bar in the tent but it wasn't exactly right in the very middle, more on the edge at canopy level. Well, last night I lowered temps to see and I think everything is okay now, she's startin to perk back up for first time in over a week!!:thanks: lots guys
I now have it at 73-75F on the perimeter, so prolly around 75-79 canopy level

Just want to give a run down on the nutrients I'm using and the feed schedule.

Nutrients
BPN 3 Part Elite (will be ordering a fat years supply when I run out :cheesygrinsmiley:)
Pro Silicate
Hygrozym
Botanicare Sweet Raw
Cal-Mag
*I also have the General Organics "Go Box" that I will be comparing to BPN.

Soil and Amendments...
Promix HP
Reindeer's Natural Worm Castings
97% Calcium Carbonate
Soft Rock Phosphate
Gypsum

And here's my BPN watering schedule.

Monday Water, Tuesday feed, Wednesday water, Thursday feed, Friday water, Saturday feed, Sunday water.
I only use about 75-80% recommended strength with the other additives. The max I ever go is 1000-1200ppm or 1.6 EC
Week 4
210ml grow
157.5ml micro
157.5ml bloom

Week 5 *Transition
210ml grow
210ml micro
210ml bloom

Week 6 *Transition
210ml grow
210ml micro
315ml bloom

Week 7
252ml grow
168ml micro
315ml bloom

Week 8
252ml grow
168ml micro
315ml bloom

Week 9
252ml grow
168ml micro
420ml bloom

total=7Gal a day. 49 gal a week

28 gals of water a week
21 gals of nutes a week

Hey UG.
Things are trucking right along over here!!
Just wondering why you're planning to water every day? Judging from your watering schedule, they're getting moisture 7 days a week..
I'd suggest using that same schedule, but don't assign a day to anything. Just water and feed as needed. Space it out
Let your plants dry out before watering again. Even if you were running CO2 dialed, and all conditions were perfect, there is no way the plants would drink up that much moisture in a day..
Is it because you'll still be using 24 hour light schedule? And you're thinking they'll dry out super fast?
Just a suggestion, and maybe others will disagree here, but running your ppm's up that high while still in veg might be too much. When your plants are mature enough, and well into flowering, they could handle higher ppms @ 1000-1200 but wouldn't recommend them that high at such a young age. Especially when adding all those soil amendments.. My feeding ppm's are around 1200 when I'm pumping nutes hard in 5th week flower!! And I don't let them get any higher than that. (and still have managed to get a bit of nute burn.) With a feed, feed, flush schedule..
Buy maybe I'm wrong, maybe the feed/water/feed/water/feed/water/feed sched is enough flushing to avoid nute build up.
Hydro?, that's a different story. Maybe some others can chime in with their feeding ppms, just for perspective.

They are on different schedules. Some plants are taking up more water than others. Sometimes they get a light watering of about 300ml and sometimes they get drenches. I definitely worded that wrong lol, it came out more of a hempy feed schedule lol, but I water em 3-4 times a week And of course those aren't veg nutrient numbers bro lol, that's peak flower. I don't water till they're light as a feather. They haven't even got the amendments yet! lol, I layer them in 7 gal smart pots. So far I've given them one single feeding of 350ppm nutes

read into your sched too deep I guess.
I was OG Kushed into it!
I just woke up, and I was hitting "Post Quick Reply"

350 ppm wiw!:headbanger:

They're pretty resilient and weather most minor errors we throw at them fairly well. Eventually you become very in tune with them and just know what they want/need/are due for to a large degree.

I've gotten to a point where sometimes I see minor issues and I just ignore them because I realize they're an aberration and not a problem, but until I gained a little experience I used to freak out at every little pimple on the leaf. Man, I was insane (was?)!

You're doing great btw - and it's nice that you have Vick paying close attention, too. Good catch even if just a "typo" sort of thing on your part. You never know, ya know?

yeah man I totally agree with you, it's just like outside how bugs, pests, birds, and birds all get to the plants will barely any effects. I believe everything is a trade-off. The more you put in, the more you get out. So if all your conditions are optimal, there shouldn't be much that can go wrong (besides feeding etc). I also know that a "neglected" plant can sometimes do better than a plant being fussled with by human ideas all the time, so that's why if I see something wrong, I'll change one single thing for a couple of days and if no results then another idea, never a bunch of switches at once. Of course once things are doing better I'll chill out, it's just the seedling stage that makes me so nervous to loose one lol

Also, that's why I re-posted that comment to Vick cause I felt real bad. Sometimes my text's can comes across as blunt but I swear on my life that it was a very bad morning for me so I wasn't feelin like adding smilies lol. Vick I hope you didn't take that the wrong way at all man, it was my typo that effed it all up, won't happen again bro:passitleft:

UG - Great point on sometimes the plants do better without our interaction all the time. "Too much love" is the #1 killer of cannabis plants, IMO.

I'm sure Vick understands. We all have our moments of genius and also our Homer Simpson "Doh!" moments. It's tough to convey emotion through writing properly, sometimes, and it can be easily misunderstood. Happens to the best of us!

Hope things are going well for you, UG! :)

hey man,
I wasn't offended at all..
Everything's taken with a grain of salt over here so don't sweat it UG.
Like X said, sometimes text can come across different than initially intended, and can be easily misunderstood.
And that's cool!
life goes on..

Hope everything's going ok UG.
Your babies must be exploding from last week's topping.
now lets see some photos!
:passitleft:
:headbanger:

Your the bomb Vick, thanks for understandin brotha.

and things are going okay X, but hopefully things get a little better soon

I have been so effing busy it's not realistic. I wake up at 7am and go to bed at 2am and don't even have a chance to look on the plants!! I have been so busy, that these babies got extremely under-watered!! Never seen droopier plants in my life, and they have lots of weird spots here and there but they'll be getting a big transplant today. I will have a big update and check journals soon as I have a chance.

Your the bomb Vick, thanks for understandin brotha.

and things are going okay X, but hopefully things get a little better soon

I have been so effing busy it's not realistic. I wake up at 7am and go to bed at 2am and don't even have a chance to look on the plants!! I have been so busy, that these babies got extremely under-watered!! Never seen droopier plants in my life, and they have lots of weird spots here and there but they'll be getting a big transplant today. I will have a big update and check journals soon as I have a chance.

I've had that happen with the spots due to lack of watering (a few times!!). Get the watering back on track and they'll be great again in no time. They usually bounce back pretty quick for me. Remember how heavy they felt when dry. I almost always go by weight when I have hand-watered plants now, and forgetting to water can at least be a way to judge dry weight for future reference. Oops, I guess you are transplanting anyway, but I always use the mistake to learn from when I forget watering, haha. :)

Life happens, and it happens to us all! Hope it slows down for you a bit my friend.

shit has only got x10 more hectic around here, fml.

i'm very sorry for another short update, and I will catch up on journals but this time of year is normally very busy for me. Add all of this stuff I'm doing lol.

I just got around to transplanting yesterday! I always do it too late I think. Things have gotten pretty bad but I'm stayin optimistic. I'll show you some pics of all the spots and stuff. I don't know if these damaged leaves will come back, should I clip them or wait till they die naturally? Also, I'm having mad "tent" suck lol. Prolly because I have an 8" vortex that comes on periodically (above 78) and a 4" vortex that is on 24/7 to keep the negative pressure going. My only intake is the 10" dust shroom you see. Problem for me bringing air in is mold spores, and keeping it dark, so I might just buy another dust shroom lol. Any suggestions?? unfortunately the 8" is wired to a thermostat so that is only capable of turning on at a set temperature. Lastly, the stealth RO100 I bought seems like a bitch to install, there's no videos showing how to do it anywhere on the web but I have a plumber friend coming on saturday to take a look. Sorry for lagging guys, soon as xmas passes shit will be different
IMG_035217.JPG
IMG_035117.jpg

here was roots before transplant
IMG_033425.jpg

soil mixed (rock powders, worm castings, azomite)
IMG_033319.jpg

pic of room
IMG_032716.JPG

exhaust
IMG_032515.jpg

Back
Top Bottom