Kristobel's WW first attempt (need help) 2009

kristobel94

OK so I'm not really a smoker, but i thought it would be fun to try out growing. So i got a white widow seed, germinated it and planted it in some rockwool as my hydroponic salesperson guided me to.

Now I'm stuck in a dilemma, I need some proper lighting (only using 1x20W cool white fluorescent bulb atm) and some pots.

So i need your help to tell me which light(s) to get and how to set them up. any advice is helpful to me. Thank you!

here's some pictures, the plant is about 2 weeks old :straightface:
PIC_0030.JPG

I'm not sure what to say besides that thing looks like it has 1 foot in the grave and the other slipping. I would recommend not tinkering with hydro especially if this is your first grow - use soil. Go buy you some Miracle Gro organic soil - not the normal Miracle Gro stuff with time released nutrients but just plain old Miracle Grow organic. Obviously you know how to sprout a seeding so do the same but in soil. You can go find some other fancy organic soil but there really is no point - it's your first grow and you need to learn how to make a plant strive for a month before you ponder anything fancy. Buy you some more cool white CFL's and place them fairly close to your plant - one is fine for a sprout like that but as it gets bigger in size you will need to increase your lighting and one will not be sufficient.

Also, go here... How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

Read up on it - people can tell you it's easy to grow all day but it really isn't if you don't know much about it. It becomes easy once you have a grow or two and know all of the basics of what not to do.

P.S. Try to keep it alive as long as you can and maybe it will make it. It's going to be really tough on you though if your first grow is going to be hydro - goodluck!

Do you plan on growing more in the future?

How much money do you have to work with?

What do you have for space?

How are the temps?

And what is your ph lavel?

Growing in soil or doing a hydro set up?

All of these things need to be thought about when your thinking of setting up a grow. If you dont have alot of money get some normal spiral cfl's (cool white) 4 Should do just fine.

Go to the local hardware store and pick up 2 light socket cords along with 2 screw in socket splitters. that should alow you to use double the lights with out having a ton of cords laying around.

If you have the money thing about getting a MH/HPS set up. Hood, Bulb, Ballest ect.

Make sure that your feeding your girl as well. By that i mean good water. Check the ph levels they should be from 6.5 to 7.5 so that you dont have any problems in the future with locking up.

Anything else feel free to ask. Sorry that this went on un noticed for so long but i think its because you posted it in the wrong section. If your going to make a journal of your grow in progress put it here. If not then all you have to do is post to:

Problems, Pests & Disease Control - 420 Magazine

Hope this helps you out and if you keep this up dated as a grow in progress im in to watch!

Best of luck and good growing!

Buy a 250Watt HPS light, get a 6' cupboard, hang the light and get some light onto it. It looks starved and very unhappy. I wonder, is it still alive?

Back
Top Bottom