Skunksta

MY REVIEW OF THE KS2500
ViparSpectra KS2500-5.jpg
ViparSpectra KS2500-2.jpg
ViparSpectra KS2500-3.jpg

ViparSpectra KS2500-4.jpg
ViparSpectra KS2500-8.jpg
ViparSpectra KS2500-7.jpg

I waited until I was done with my first grow under these lights and all I can say is wow.
Let me start by saying I had two 300 watt bar lights and down graded wattage wise to x2 KS2500 at 500watt.
And this is by far the most even coverage light I have worked with or owned hard to find any hot spot.
The build is great parts used high quality comes packaged well with everything needed to hang it.
Best of all it grows GREAT bud it gets no hotter than any other light I have used at 100%.
My ladies pray to these lights and have since I put them under.

I have included some pics of my grow journal so you can see the results for yourself
Gone are the days of cheaper lights coming from the far east. There leading the market
for the home user. So let me get rid of a few of the myths around these lights.

1. They produce airy buds = total BS check my grow rock hard nugs.

2. There from the far east and are made poorly = I own 7 leds 5 from VS all still working all treated pretty well all from the far east.

3. No LED can do what my HID can = Yes very true but much closer as of today factor in how much it costs to run a HID , LED now is the winner simple.

4. Penetration on LEDs no were near HIDs = Again true but again much closer today than it was back in the day of 1st/2nd gen LEDs i just train get the same results.

5. Leds cause fires Yes they can bad drivers etc and so on = Much more fires from a ballast going or bulbs blowing up or getting hot and melting something.

6. Cost of leds is way to high = The price of power is way to high and savings everyday from running an led is a must in these times you save in the end.

7. Why buy @ViparSpectra over other brands = build quality , support being a 420 member , The Even PAR map , Honest description of the product ,

8. Finally would i buy one if i needed a light = Hell yes cant really argue with the results.

Now that’s out the way back to the light i had one light at 100% all of flower no issues at all at around 30 inch.
The other was over my tall lady mainly , i could only get that one to 75% and she showed signs of stress at that so i kept it at 50%.
Both drivers i removed and placed out side the tent which VS have now added the option with the bar range.
Tried to keep the ppfd around 700/600 all of flower.
I had no issues at all from the day they went under to the day i harvested all three strains grown.

OK so the numbers/weight after drying.

Bruce Baner WSE total = 5oz (and 68 grams popcorn which will prob get smoked as most is rock hard)
Acopluco Gold WSE Total = 6oz (and 35 grams of popcorn)
Candy land total = 5oz (13 gram popcorn)
Total is grams = 564 grams

Trim not added to final weight also i remove all big branches as you can see.
And i feel i could of done better and got the lights closer if not for my bruce banner.

Now if these lights were poor sponsoring me or not i would honestly say but there not i don’t like the UK pricing
But thats our TAX/VAT/Transport etc.But other than that i cant say a bad word about these lights.
Need to grow some great bud if your starting out or know what your doing these lights will only help.
its marketed as a 3x3 light and i feel you could grow some great ladies in a 3x3 under one of the KS2500's.

The next gen is also here the XS1500 PRO which from my testing would be a great starting point for a new grower.
Being able to add more xs1500 pro's at a later date in a daisy chain is a nice option all lights should have.

Not much in it now a days with good leds other than coverage led placement/lay out and wattage parts used i guess all to kind of get sim results.
I do think @ViparSpectra are leading the market right now with there even PAR maps instead of silly high numbers in the middle low at the edges.Still think there is room in the market for a KS8000/9000/10000 :)

So if your In the market for a new led you really need to give these new lights a try.
All the Bar models perform just as good KS2500/3000/5000

Need a question answered just PM me or ask here its not a problem.

i have been pulled back to all Vipar lighting now in all spaces i grow in that should tell you something
If you know what other lights i own Happy growing one and all.

Last words thank you VAL / @ViparSpectra for giving me the chance to work with such a great lights.
Your on to a winner focusing on the even PAR and not worrying about the highest number you can get on a PAR map.
Now on to the next grow with these fine lights happy growing ALL ;)
And check out some of the pics below for results and growth stages.

Awesome review! I'm on my way to using nothing but VS as well!
Ye there great lights friend , BUT i do feel buy a GOOD led and your going to get
Pretty good results these days no matter the brand.
That being said more than happy with the results VS lights produce.
And after care is a big thing and most brands sell you there item but are not to forth coming
when issues happen faults etc never had those issues with @ViparSpectra

Thanks all will update if i come across any issues because im only one grow in with these lights.
So guess the last question will be do they last im sure the answer will be yes.
But you never know thanks for the support ;)
I bought this KS2500, Val sent me a KS 3000 both flower unassisted, I was amazed the KS2500 240w in a 3x3 would, it' did tight buds too. Viparspectra has hit it outta the Park this run! Thanks SSgrower

I may get a KS5000 if the price drops, if not I may step up to GML or Grand Master Level as I know a salesperson who can get me a deal. SSgrower I just setup my 4th tenet, another 3x3x6"

I own 2 KS series and may have a 3rd. in my future, their frame size is better than others and you need no assembly as you do with other brands. Diodes matter as well, LM310H and asram are on top of the heap, KS series has em. SS

Back
Top Bottom