Kym's Sweater 50/50 strain

Rasterman

No affiliation, but I'm really stoked so here goes....

Yesterday NM's own Carver Family Farms released a new clone-only strain called Kym's Sweater. It's 50/50 THC/CBD and a stretcher that creates high yields. This sounds like a true unicorn, a true medical strain and I'm the first person on the planet to get it, so double stoked!
20230805_122953.jpg

Here's the one I'm running, in a 5 gallon with Happy Frog, LST already started. I'm planning to flip in a couple of weeks.
20230806_040922.jpg

What can you tell us about the strain?
Well, it really piles on the weight, for one. The high is very pleasant and opiate-like, but because half the cannabinoids are CBD you have to smoke more. I'll be chopping her soon and most of her will become hash oil for a family member's bad menstrual cramps.

If you search "rasterman" and "Kym's Sweater" you'll find my grow log. I don't think they like posting those kinds of links...

I chopped her yesterday at day 66 or 67 at the advice of Carver Farms. She still had some of clear trichomes, but quite a bit of ambers. They assured me she's ready, so she got the chop.

20231102_073333.jpg

There's quite a bit of weight on this lady. I'm going to pick the best buds for keepers and make RHO from the rest.

What can you tell us about the strain?
Here's a quote:
About this strain: According to Erika (CanopyQueen505 on IG), Kym's Sweater is bred by swnugget (IG): ACDC x Sweater (Ult Chem 91 x Alien Orange Cookies). ACDC is a phenotype of Cannatonic - a CBD plant often testing at 20:1 CBD:THC, and Sweater is a strain bred by a close friend to them in the community. Andrew (aka swnugget on IG) crossed the two in hopes of finding a deeply terp rich/great citrus flavored 1:1 medical option.

How it was named: Kymron De Cesare, a practicing pharmacognosist specializing in terpenoid-rich plant medicine, has been a valued mentor to the team and they wanted to honor him. That's where "Kym's" came from. "Sweater" was a tip of the hat to an inspirational friend who isn't specifically identified but shares career industries with the team and friends of the team.

Back
Top Bottom