Quest for mold-resistant strains, Hawaii outdoor greenhouse grow

cbdhemp808

Greetings Growmies,

Regarding mold-resistant strains... I've done a bunch of research over the past few days, looking for available seed for strains with the following qualities:

✔️ high levels of myrcene (or already known to have high mold-resistance)
✔️ have blueberry or white widow genetics (both have high myrcene)

✔️ heavy resin production (also implies strong odor)
✔️ sweet, fruity odor
✔️ not a long flowering time
✔️ good yield
✔️ euphoric/happy effect

✔️ high THC

I looked for seed in each of the classifications: sativa, indica, 50/50 hybrid, and CBD. (For CBD I'm going for 20:1 more than the above criteria.)

I found 7 strains: 2 sativas, 1 indica, 2 50/50 hybrids, and 2 CBDs. All photos. All fem except for one of the sativas. I'll be ordering from 5 different seed banks, all in N. America. (I actually found some other really good ones, too, but decided on the 7 for now.)

The 7 all have the green check mark qualities, and one or both of the purple check marks (above). Of the 5 THC strains, 3 are advertised to produce at least 20% THC, one can reach 20%, and the last one 12-17%.

I'll spill the beans 🤣 once I have ordered the beans, received the beans, germinated them, and get some weedlings... a lot has to happen... you know how it is! I'm gonna order them probably in 3 batches, starting with 3 strains from True North.

wish me luck!

1667460962508.png

...starting with 3 strains from True North.
ordered! ... a sativa, an indica, and a 50/50.

Some interesting info on terpenes from the previous thread:

Yes. Myrcene happens to be a very important terpene due to its range of medicinal benefits, including anti-cancer effects. It also accentuates the effects of THC and maybe other cannabinoids as well. That's why if you eat a mango and smoke, you'll get a faster, more intense high. Mangos are high in myrcene. Here's a super detailed article about myrcene: click here [2021].

I have a small bottle of pure myrcene... just put some on my wrist to sniff. It's definitely not a sweet, fruity odor. Well, maybe a bit sweet, but more leaning toward a spicy, piney odor. But I think it's the combination with other terpenes that will produce an overall sweet, fruity odor. I have some myrcene, humulene, beta caryophyllene, limonene, and pinene. I haven't yet tried combining them, in different ways, to see if other distinct odors can be produced.

The first batch of seeds have arrived... soaking them in the morning.

a 90% sativa (15-20% THC), a 90% indica (20-26% THC), and a 50/50 (12-17% THC). all match above checkmark criteria.

Freebies: Blueberry, Cement Shoes, Do Si Dos

another one is at the P.O., will pick up tomorrow...
it's the one pictured above. 5 FEM. 50/50, 20% THC.
(Freebies: GSC)

🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱🌱

Update ~

16 seeds soaked and now tucked into wet paper towels.

I replaced the roof plastic on the veg house last night.

1668471292292.png

Update ~

16 seeds soaked and now tucked into wet paper towels.

I replaced the roof plastic on the veg house last night.

1668471292292.png
Terrific. :yahoo:
What do you use to hold down the plastic?

Stay safe
Bill284 :cool:

Terrific.
What do you use to hold down the plastic?
Thanks, it was a tough job actually... did it by myself. The old plastic was finally coming apart, so it was a bit of an emergency to get it done before more rain came. We've been getting some hard rains lately. 🌧️☀️🌧️

You can see in the photo the 2x3s running the length of the side walls at the top. On the outside edge of those, I also have PVC tubing screwed on. Then I just use greenhouse "snap clamps" to hold the plastic on, all around, including the end hoops. Works great... great for adjusting the tightness of the plastic over time. The PVC hoops are connected to the 2x3s just by the outward tension of the hoop, with the open end of the PVC on each end inserted over an angled cluster of 3 deck screws. This also requires the 1x struts going up at the apex of each hoop, and tie-downs, to keep the hoops from flopping over. It 'aint the prettiest or strongest, but it's been holding up pretty well!

These jobbies... plastic snap clamps:
1668501770831.png

@el gringuito , I thought you might like to see this.

Thanks, it was a tough job actually... did it by myself. The old plastic was finally coming apart, so it was a bit of an emergency to get it done before more rain came. We've been getting some hard rains lately. 🌧️☀️🌧️

You can see in the photo the 2x3s running the length of the side walls at the top. On the outside edge of those, I also have PVC tubing screwed on. Then I just use greenhouse "snap clamps" to hold the plastic on, all around, including the end hoops. Works great... great for adjusting the tightness of the plastic over time. The PVC hoops are connected to the 2x3s just by the outward tension of the hoop, with the open end of the PVC on each end inserted over an angled cluster of 3 deck screws. This also requires the 1x struts going up at the apex of each hoop, and tie-downs, to keep the hoops from flopping over. It 'aint the prettiest or strongest, but it's been holding up pretty well!

These jobbies... plastic snap clamps:
1668501770831.png

@el gringuito , I thought you might like to see this.
I used Tuck tape.
It's expensive and ugly.
I'm trying to figure out a new setup for next summer.
I appreciate the detailed explanation my friend. :thumb:
What size are the clips and where did you get them?
:thanks:

Stay safe

What size are the clips and where did you get them?
Snap Clamp. 1" x 4". For 1" PVC.

Amazon.

So... the PVC hoops on each end of the roof are standard 1" white PVC, as are the tubes running down the 2x3s. These are the ones that get the clamps.

The other PVC hoops are grey PVC conduit... cheaper than the white PVC.

Snap Clamp. 1" x 4". For 1" PVC.

Amazon.

So... the PVC hoops on each end of the roof are standard 1" white PVC, as are the tubes running down the 2x3s. These are the ones that get the clamps.

The other PVC hoops are grey PVC conduit... cheaper than the white PVC.
:thanks:

Stay safe

Update ~

After about 24 hrs, there's some good signs of germination. One out of the 16 already has a tail. Most all have cracked and are showing a little root tip. The freebies are particularly lively.

Another pack of seeds arrived today, (5) FEM... will start soaking them in the morning. Plus (3) freebies – FEM GSC.

This one's the 50/50 hybrid, avg. THC 20%, sativa effects. 55 days flowering time.
Package date 7/22...:woohoo: I have high confidence most or all will become plants!

HI-BISCUS from Humboldt Seed Co. (Blueberry Muffin x Zkittles)

1668569684676.png

🌞

Ordered!

Last batch of seeds, this time from the UK.

2 high-CBD strains; 1 CBG strain.

Update ~

Very lively seed!

8 out of 16 seeds now in pots. I'm fairly confident all of these will turn into plants. I'd say at least 1/2 of the remaining 8 seeds will develop a root... still on paper towels. Sprouting mix is my usual custom grow mix run through a coarse screen to remove rocks bigger than about 1/3 inch. I then mixed in lots of coco coir – about 60% soil mix and 40% coir.

PHOTO: BW = Blue Widow (1/3)**; GA = Grape Ape (2/3); GMG = Green Mountain Grape (2/6); Freebies: BB = Blue Berry (2/2), CS = Cement Shoes (1/1). Grape Ape (Canuk) wins for the fastest to develop a good-size root. The GMG (Ace Seeds) are regular seed... remaining 4 seeds looking good, but not ready to plant yet. [ **1/3 means 1 out of 3 total seeds.]
sprout_pots1.jpg

Using my cloning setup to protect the new sprouts. White powder on the table is ag lime to keep slugs away. Dome keeps birds and bugs out. The cloning table is protected from direct sun by the reflective material (left) and by plywood above (not shown). Initial lighting is a 5w daylight spectrum LED, on from early morning until early evening.
sprout_pots2.jpg

sprout_pots3.jpg

Various mature clones in 1 gal pots, ready for topping and up potting.
clones1.jpg

Good Day, Growmies!

The Hi-Biscus is showing good germination, but no tails yet after about 24 hrs.

Very fast start for the Blueberry and Grape Ape. 3 Green Mountain Grape are up (reg. seed). One Blue Widow is up. I also just planted 2 GSC (not shown in the photo). Running my 24w SANSI LED now.

Seedlings, 11/19/22
seedlings1.jpg

Good Day, Growmies!

The Hi-Biscus is showing good germination, but no tails yet after about 24 hrs.

Very fast start for the Blueberry and Grape Ape. 3 Green Mountain Grape are up (reg. seed). One Blue Widow is up. I also just planted 2 GSC (not shown in the photo). Running my 24w SANSI LED now.

Seedlings, 11/19/22
seedlings1.jpg
Woohooo :woohoo:.
Awesome selection, party time. :party:
Looking forward to this one.
Hope your doing well Amigo. :high-five:
Take care.

Stay safe

Back
Top Bottom