Best mold resistant suggestions for outdoor between 28*N & 35*N Experiences

In the soil there's a thick layer of pure and dense clay, it's about a foot down.
After a good rain, will just fill up a hole and stay there for days...That was after I dug an area out, took out a lot of clay and picked up a load of compost from a decommissioned landfill.
A bail of promix soilest with PH adjuster, a bail of peat moss and a big bag of vermiculite.
Then, I rototilled the living hell out of the whole thing...lol
It rained at least 1", and it flooded my patch out
Had to use a pail to get water out after a week...It was starting to smell...lol

Yeah with that you need a resistant strain.

How high does your RH get in September/October?

Ours here goes to 100% most regularly Contadino, an took in to consideration that after asking for choices, hole finally finished plants under lights still, about 12". Will post up soon. With all my health issues going to have to do a mix of locally available soil mixed with whats there. I'll try and post up some pics soon.

Yep there's a general agreement that you need a strong sativa to thrive in this RH as a lot of indicas and hybrids bred for big buds will just rot, and unfortunately most of the breeders these days do not give a shit about breeding something specifically for outdoor humid climates.

The problem with sativas, most of them take too long to finish
I think a 60/40 or 50/50 Indica/ sativa hibrid is the way to go....
Mold resistant Indica, and great sativas from the tropics...
U make your own outside breeds, manually pollinating a separate plant...
Use those seeds to grow the next season, pollinate with same pollen from the best male
Then u have climatized breed, and it's pretty stable too, and grown in that exact area...

Yep that's what I do I pick the best strains for my climate and I keep them if they have everything I want and I make seeds. A lot of pure sativas do very good in my climate even if thet finish in October.

I had problems before with mold, I ended up making hash with the ice water bags...
A lot of work, but I got some good hashish out of it....

Had mould issues too last year, this year I'm putting my hopes up with Berry Bomb Auto and Auto Frisian Dew and an earlier start:)

Next year I'm gonna try some local strains: Royal Dane, Thyphoon, Henkes Lolland and Danish Gold - they're supposed to be highly mould resistant.

I usually use bag seeds off good smoke that I buy throughout the year, I haven't grown any for about ten years...
The last time I did grow, I had a Durban skunk and super Afghan...It worked out pretty good that year....
I lived in Calgary for the past 9years, just moved back to the Windsor area a couple months ago...
Calgary is just too cold at night and the season
is just too short even with a greenhouse....

Had mould issues too last year, this year I'm putting my hopes up with Berry Bomb Auto and Auto Frisian Dew and an earlier start:)

Next year I'm gonna try some local strains: Royal Dane, Thyphoon, Henkes Lolland and Danish Gold - they're supposed to be highly mould resistant.
These are from Hybrids from Hell aren't they? Supposed to be good for northern European climate. That is a little bit too far north for my latitude cause by being used to different photoperiod they'll finish way too late here, but might be great way to go for you. I really know from experience that with the right strain you're gonna have 0 mold problems, but you have to do your research first.

These are from Hybrids from Hell aren't they? Supposed to be good for northern European climate. That is a little bit too far north for my latitude cause by being used to different photoperiod they'll finish way too late here, but might be great way to go for you. I really know from experience that with the right strain you're gonna have 0 mold problems, but you have to do your research first.

Yes they are from HTH and Cannaseeds, but they're all old danish strains, some going 30 years back.
I think most of the strains are now being bred by finnish Tanska Seed Development.

I know some of these strains has finished(without issues) as far north as Norway and Finland, in good summers that is;)

Interesting that they've adapted to this climate and won't fare as well in mediterranean climate.

Sadly our country is too small and breeders too few to keep the original strains alive, I used to smoke a lot of Djursland Pot when I was younger, now it has Super Skunk and some unknown auto genes in it...

I'm pretty sure the Auto Frisian Dew will do good, I've seen people grow the photoperiod version here with great success.

Well i'm on 45N and there's a breaking point for cannabis outdoor around 45-48N. Strains that do well on 35N will do very well here but strains bred for northern photoperiod of 50-60N will start budding in September which means they will finish in November, and that's way too late. For my climate I need plants that start flowering as soon as we hit 14,5 hrs of light on average which means early August, and finish late September to middle October. I can't grow typical monsters either, cause my RH is gonna make these buds rot however impressive these plants look. I don't have good climate for pure or almost pure indicas, which means I always need some sativa genetics in my plants to hit the full potential.

Finally got the outdoor babes up potted moved under the 400 watt MH for 10-14 days then into the holes. A mix of A. Sour D, Blue Dream, Super Lemon Haze and Conradino's own recommendation of Train Wreck

IMG_20160523_215056009.jpg

:high-five:
IMG_20160523_234311799.jpg

You have really nice spot here :thumb:

You have really nice spot here :thumb:

Thanks Contadino, we clearcut it last year it was some very old (100 yr+) growth hardwoods with good dirt, and life underneath, should be really good for the roots to expand into vs the normal reclaimed farm land around here. Got High Hopes!

:high-five:

Back
Top Bottom