Lack of trichomes

tokeycones

hey guys, my girls are on day 16 of flower, I have 5 GrandaddyPurple clones and 1 OG Kush. The kush is really sticky to the touch already and is getting quite stinky however the grandaddys have almost no sticky to them, barely any smell yet the strain is supposed to be much more potent than the og, just wondering if different strains start to produce the thricomes at different times? or if anyone has experience growing grandaddys any info be great cheers!

Attachments

• nugsz.jpg
    nugsz.jpg
    542.2 KB · Views: 62
  • c1ose up.jpg
    c1ose up.jpg
    419.7 KB · Views: 59
Many strains wont have any trich development at day 16. Dont worry, I'm sure it wont be long.
Cheers mate was just curious because from what i can find my OG has a longer flower period than the gdp's so thought it was strange that the buds are more developed + sticky and smelly

Day 16 is very early, for trichomes. In my first grow with Afghani Kush plants, the trichomes gradually appeared around the 3 - 4 week point, then gradually started turning from white to amber brown when the plants reached maturity at approximately 8 weeks. But every strain and every environment is different. Be patient and enjoy the smell till then. ;)

Hey guys, I'm about 20 days in now just wondering whats the highest humidity i can get away with at this stage, i have a dehumidifier but it raises the temp in my tent by 3-4'C and i was struggling with heat as is so want to use it as little as possible.

3. Flowering Period

• Humidity levels need to be lowered to 40-50% (extremely important)
  • You can get away with 55% (anything over 60% is real bad)
  • It’s best to slightly lower temperatures in flowering
  • Temperatures with lights on: 20-26 C° (avoid high temperatures)

4. Late flowering (1-2 weeks before harvest)

• The following steps are no necessity, but can improve yield, flavour and appearance
  • Bring down humidity levels as much as you can: 30-40%
  • Lower daytime temperatures, and also increase the temperature difference (day/night)
  • Temperatures with lights on: 18-24 °C (lights off: minus 5-10 C°)

Above from: Royal Queen Seeds

im looking at a max temp of 28c when lights first come on minimum of 24c average 26c WITHOUT the dehumidifier running my Rh will sit around 60% , i basically have to run the dehumidifier 100% of the time if i want to be below 50 which would mean max temps might get to 30c minimum 26c . i'm not sure what's worse lol

I run dehumidifier outside tent and rh inside tent is never above 50. I grow in the garage in a 5x5 with 2-550 leds and a 400 hps temps is usually 80 degrees.
Hmm this could be a good fix but my tents in a bedroom with window open 24/7 would i be wasting my time with all the fresh air coming back in

Seems to me the open window would make it like trying to control humidity in a curing jar with the lid off...

Looks like you have a lot of tops really dens, might take a minute for them to reach that maturity point since less light per top.

day 40 of flower these pics are from. It's not really less light per top it's just more efficient use of the light to maximize coverage. plants are stripped from scrog down or close to it.

Back
Top Bottom