Lactobacillus acidophilus - another great organic conditioner

I really don't think so, but using strongly chlorinated water is not recommended either. In the meantime I found out that it's also great anti-mold agent and I've been spraying it on my outdoor plants as I entered a rainy period with high humidity. Hope it works!

Well, today I visited my plants and one got pretty nasty case of mold :(
I cut off what was rotting and sprayed again... but in case it doesn't work do not take it for granted. Just some info for those ones wondering if this bacteria works as an anti-mold agent.

I checked infected plant on Friday and again today - no sign of mold, so it seems to be working!

How does a bacteria that digests milk protein help a plant?

Serious question.

The mold makes sense. Mold hates low pH and this bacteria apparently thrives in a low pH environment (it naturally lives in our stomach / intestines - which is very acidic).

By spraying this on the leaves, you are dropping the pH to a point where it kills the mold.

So I can understand this effect...

Yeah, it does exactly that and hopefully I just found good, working, organic anti-mold spray here as October can be a pain in the ass. No signs of mold on the other plant I need to add, which I sprayed preventively.

As far as cannabis growth is concerned I don't think it does miracles, however in small doses it can be beneficial too. I found this:

Lactobacillus permeates the soil, even water-logged soils, and begins to bubble. Many pathogens are anaerobic, so soaking the soil with EM·1® helps “crowd out” those pathogens. Colonizing soils with beneficial bacteria helps “crowd out” harmful bacteria.

So... apparently there is some basis for use in soil :thumb:

Should we use this on the next newbie who overwaters their plants :high-five:

I have made this one "LAB" and also "IMO"- Indigenous micro organisms. Just need rice ,milk & your dirt or other micro's then equal parts of unsulfered molasses to finish. Just like everybody says a little bit goes a long way.
I have been using both for awhile. I'll have to look around for the chart I made about amounts to use, but I think it was like 1 ml for 1 or 2 gals.

Back
Top Bottom