Ladies got a dose of fungus gnats

Bud Love

Hello all
Hope alls well with the world people?
The ladies are in flower, and it won’t be too long before they’re for the chop.
I've a little prob with fungus gnats,and have acquired some 3% food friendly hydrogen peroxide.
My first question is.. would anybody recommend or have experience in the use of H2o2 for the job at hand? I’ve read that it kills grubs on contact.
And secondly, could it have any adverse effects on the taste/smell etc of the finished bud? And finally. If it can be used, is there a cut off point as to when it can be administered.

As ever all advise and direction much appreciated.
Cheers Bud

Hello all
Hope alls well with the world people?
The ladies are in flower, and it won’t be too long before they’re for the chop.
I've a little prob with fungus gnats,and have acquired some 3% food friendly hydrogen peroxide.
My first question is.. would anybody recommend or have experience in the use of H2o2 for the job at hand? I’ve read that it kills grubs on contact.
And secondly, could it have any adverse effects on the taste/smell etc of the finished bud? And finally. If it can be used, is there a cut off point as to when it can be administered.

As ever all advise and direction much appreciated.
Cheers Bud
If you let soil dry on top and get some yellow fly strips you will be fine in a couple of days. I've never used hydrogen peroxide on them. I tried it on mites and had no side effects on plant or smoke. :peace:

Keep a fan moving air at at soil line, also use mosquito dunks or mosquito bits - draw your water ahead of time and add dunks or bits to the bucket, let soak for 24 hours. You can shave up dunks or add bits as top dress. Also as Bill said keep top of soil dry, switch to bottom watering, add thick layer of perlite on top. I’ve noticed that mites hate to land on soil that has been dusted with sulfur.

that's all I’ve got....

Keep a fan moving air at at soil line, also use mosquito dunks or mosquito bits - draw your water ahead of time and add dunks or bits to the bucket, let soak for 24 hours. You can shave up dunks or add bits as top dress. Also as Bill said keep top of soil dry, switch to bottom watering, add thick layer of perlite on top. I’ve noticed that mites hate to land on soil that has been dusted with sulfur.

that's all I’ve got....
Thanks man

In such a short time your best bet is to use Gnatrol and lots of yellow sticky traps, bend the sticky straps into a tent and place them all over top of the soil.
For future grows IF you're growing in large pots in soil then add rove beetles and you'll never have fungus gnats again
Thank you

Thank you peeps.. that’s brilliant..
I’ll crack on with giving that a try..

one more question if I may?.
I’ve noticed that there’s a whole lot more activity around the base of one of the girls compared to next to zero around the others. Should I presume all have a dose?
cheers again
Bud
Ones with out activity are probably dryer on top but I'd treat them all the same. As 013 said a fan will keep them away and soil dryer.

It's a little late in the game, but we'd recommend using our 203 Root Drench. High moisture levels in soils and around pots encourage the development of fungus gnats, shore flies and other pests. Your plant will be stunted with reduced growth and leaf drop.

203 will cause the gnats to dehydrate & die while attacking any fungus in the soil. You can do a root drench or bucket drench & use it up to harvest no problem!

Here's a discount for 20% off your order: 420MAG :goodluck:

Back
Top Bottom