Landrace Genetics 101

snow acapulco gold.JPG
snow panama red.JPG

Acapulco Gold on top and below Panama Red. I selected these phenos out of 5 or more each. The Acapulco Gold has a mellow feel good high with alertness and no crash, trippy if enough is smoked. The Panama Red is strong smoke with a berry smell/flavor, reminds me of mushroom highs if I have not smoked it for a while.

The Acapulco Gold has a grassy smell to it with a little lemon to the taste/smell. Really reminds me of the old Mexican lines where the terpenes were not that strong. Not a lot of resin glands to see on it, old time stuff. I leave the stems on to slow the drying process and they also help avoid handling the buds directly.

I took both down before amber resin appeared. Took clones of both and have vegging plants of both phenos and intend to preserve them for some time. These are Snowhigh genetics. I feel both are legit never having smoked either strain back when they sold this stuff. I did have some good Mexican/Colombian pot back in the 70's so I feel a bit knowledgeable on the old lines.

This is what good pot looked like in 1975 kiddos. Well, add a bunch of crumbled fan leaves and seeds and it looked like this.

Punto Rojo x (Mazar x Guerrero) , both are about 4 weeks from seed under 11/13 light cycle.

Triploid looks cool anyway, lol. Very smelly already compared to her sister.

Wont be growing any right away, but I did end up with a 10 pack of Columbian Gold regulars. Might make some fun hybrids with my Punto Rojo crosses.

This is what good pot looked like in 1975 kiddos. Well, add a bunch of crumbled fan leaves and seeds and it looked like this.

Remember it well. Also remember what the dealer told me when I complained..."Everyone gets their share of sticks and seeds."

That is what I was hoping. I hope she turns out special. A buddy of mine I gave Big Sur Holy weed seed to last year planted them in upstate NY and it became his new favorite plant he said it finished in mid Oct And grew with wine red stems, when shining a flashlight on them the trichs lit up like a silver Christmas tree. He harvested mid Oct and said she was very mold resistant and got pounded with weeks of rain near finish.

Re: Land Race genetics?

Mostly vintage pics I found. Some were very hard to find. Enjoy, guys :tokin:

Modern Thai Stick
thai_sticks_modern.jpg

Thai Stick from the 70s
Thai_Stick_70s.jpg

Santa Marta Gold / 70s
santa_marta_gold_70s.jpeg

Red Lebanon / 70s
red_lebanese_70s.jpg

Panama Red / 70s
panama_red_70s.jpg