Landrace Genetics 101

Who is that ATF from Sticky?
hey van they were gifted to me so your guess they sure are growing nice though ill see if I can find anything out you've grown them before does it look authentic to you just curious I remember you talking about crossing an atf with a Durban and it being great pain meds for you so I thought why not I have the plants so will see! :)

Looks like yours might have a bit of indica worked into it. The early stuff was all Sativa but they worked Afghani into the genetics supposedly to bring down the flower times a bit. Its hard to tell though. Its a beautiful plant though. I will be watching it closely.

I picked up some 74' MTF off Strainly recently. Very excited to give them a try.

Looks like yours might have a bit of indica worked into it. The early stuff was all Sativa but they worked Afghani into the genetics supposedly to bring down the flower times a bit. Its hard to tell though. Its a beautiful plant though. I will be watching it closely.

I picked up some 74' MTF off Strainly recently. Very excited to give them a try.
thanks van those sound interesting I do like some of these new fangled strains but lately im finding myself wanting some old school genetics smoke some the way it was before there aren't any more! :)

Yeah I am following your thread (though admittedly not closely at this point as I am still playing catch up on a ton of stuff) but I might have to skip some of the older stuff and just jump on the train where its at!

Yeah I am following your thread (though admittedly not closely at this point as I am still playing catch up on a ton of stuff) but I might have to skip some of the older stuff and just jump on the train where its at!
sounds like me if you think of it maybe come back in a couple mos I might have some flowers im going to be checking out your mtf to! :)

the best answer on the atf this isn't for sure but he thinks they were freebies from herbies so your probably rite about the afghan in there will see what they do!

Yeah a lot of cloudiness on the whole ATF strain and its genetic history. From what I have been able to piece together, it seems that the Afghani was introduced later in the 70s. Thats one of the reasons that the 74' MTF was so appealing!

Yeah a lot of cloudiness on the whole ATF strain and its genetic history. From what I have been able to piece together, it seems that the Afghani was introduced later in the 70s. Thats one of the reasons that the 74' MTF was so appealing!
that's what I got to nothing is clear they said it was thought to have some north American sativa crossed with some Russian ruderellis then later came the afghan!

I wont mention the company but they just released a Durban Poison that flowers is 7-9 weeks. My first thought was, thats not DP lol

But most stuff these days are hybrids and the use of a band name or strain name is unregulated and essentially untrustworthy at this point. Unfortunately.

Edit: BUT I would still chase them and grow them lol

tropics, morglie and anyone else growing and/or interested in Purple Satellite.

I’ve got two Purple Satellite going and seeing this is my first attempt with this strain, I wanted to share how its going and run some things past you guys to see what your thoughts were.

The attached pics were taken today, 62 days from breaking ground. I think they’re doing quite well.

I reviewed what was on Seedfinder and what you both sent me regarding a light schedule, and modified the info to fit the other two Sativa/Dom. strains I”m growing.

I started the plants on 18-6. I topped once at the fifth node and ran a SCROG as you can see. On day 39 pre-flowers where showing and nodes alternating, so I dropped an hour to 17-7. Four days later went to 16-8 and continued dropping an hour every fourth day for four times and then went to every three days ending up at 11/13 on day 60.

The 1st flowers - when the buds were “obvious”, with numerous small pistils showing at the bud tip - appeared on day 56.

I'm using Doc Bud’s High Brix nutes/method. Given this is my first SCROG and my first grow with PS, I’m not sure when to count the start of flower for giving them ReCharge, CAT drench, etc. Based on your experiences, how far along into flower would you say they are?

Overall I’m pleased with their progress. Any observations, suggestions, things to watch out for would be appreciated. I’m aware they may hermie a bit as the buds mature.

Thanks in advance!
IMG_1542.jpg
IMG_1543.jpg
IMG_1544.jpg

tropics, morglie and anyone else growing and/or interested in Purple Satellite.

I’ve got two Purple Satellite going and seeing this is my first attempt with this strain, I wanted to share how its going and run some things past you guys to see what your thoughts were.

The attached pics were taken today, 62 days from breaking ground. I think they’re doing quite well.

I reviewed what was on Seedfinder and what you both sent me regarding a light schedule, and modified the info to fit the other two Sativa/Dom. strains I”m growing.

I started the plants on 18-6. I topped once at the fifth node and ran a SCROG as you can see. On day 39 pre-flowers where showing and nodes alternating, so I dropped an hour to 17-7. Four days later went to 16-8 and continued dropping an hour every fourth day for four times and then went to every three days ending up at 11/13 on day 60.

The 1st flowers - when the buds were “obvious”, with numerous small pistils showing at the bud tip - appeared on day 56.

I'm using Doc Bud’s High Brix nutes/method. Given this is my first SCROG and my first grow with PS, I’m not sure when to count the start of flower for giving them ReCharge, CAT drench, etc. Based on your experiences, how far along into flower would you say they are?

Overall I’m pleased with their progress. Any observations, suggestions, things to watch out for would be appreciated. I’m aware they may hermie a bit as the buds mature.

Thanks in advance!
IMG_1542.jpg
IMG_1543.jpg
IMG_1544.jpg
They are looking very happy. I'd go with the 56 days in when they started to fill out for regret to start counting. They are a 9-10 week strain.

I've not had good luck with mine. They have my outdoor area that they went into. The first guy inside hermied from going straight to 11/13. The other one is going ok without nanners, but it's not nearly as vigorous as the other one.

I wont mention the company but they just released a Durban Poison that flowers is 7-9 weeks. My first thought was, thats not DP lol

But most stuff these days are hybrids and the use of a band name or strain name is unregulated and essentially untrustworthy at this point. Unfortunately.

Edit: BUT I would still chase them and grow them lol
Yeah they can for sure be ready in 9. Some of them. Usually 10 to 12 is the window. I've had some go longer but never less than 9. 7 weeks is no ways Durban.

My Mulane x Swaziland has been topped twice and has a few tips tied down. I think I will up pot these this afternoon and tie them all down for this phase. The untopped CBDream is in the back left.

The MxS all seem to have similar growth at this point, no big males taking off, so fingers crossed we get a tent full of lanky ladies.

Back
Top Bottom