Landrace Genetics 101

^^ If you get any trippy stuff from Pua Mana Ohana let us know. I had some real crazy Hawaiian back in '85. That Pua guy claims there was cannabis in Hawaii like hundreds of years ago. I know of no one else saying that.

I figure the sun/environment over there accounts for the psychedelic effect in the smoke, more than the genetics. They grow genetics like we do here in California now. No more Puna Buds, Kauai Electric for sale. I got the idea the owner of Pua was a scammer.

That bud you have looks potent, whatever it is, and likely a hybrid.
First apologies for my tardiness in replying. Harvest to attend to, two deaths in the neighborhood, HS graduation parties, etc....

The Maui Wowie from PMO was mediocre. It gets you high, but not much "wow" factor. I have Kauai Electric from bigislandgenetics, but haven't got to it yet.

I won't go back to PMO as it took 11 months to get my first order from them! BIG has been ok to work with, but the guys a stoner with all that's associated with the term. I just received Puna Budder, Molokai Snow, Molokila, and Electric Storm. We'll see.

I have never used a sticks to make a support to the plants, mine never needed that. What could cause a plant to be required for support? Does it give more yield if you make those or it's just the situation?
I use sticks primarily to keep the plants growing upright. I use 7 gal pots/16" dia. and top/train 4-8 branches to the sticks. This keeps the plants compact/growing upward which gives me more room to squeeze in more plants in my grow space. It also allows for better air movement among the plants and makes it easier to get to all sides of the plant if needed (I can turn the pot up to 360º without impacting the adjoining plants). The last time I grew a 100% Sativa (Honduras) without topping it the plant took up a 4' x 4' space and I had to bend it over 90º! as it was over 7' tall! No magic to using sticks - just works better for me in my space.

I smoked the scissor scrapings from the first Black African Magic last night :bongrip:

We Have A Winner :love:

Unlike most of the sativa's I've grown, Do Not Plan on doing anything Serious :yahoo:

A lovely evening of FUN :yummy:

I know for a fact I have various aches and pains, it's not that they were gone but I never gave them a thought while going about my activities !

16 May BAM #2 top trimmed.jpg

16 May BAM #2 wet trimmed.jpg

Cheers
I vaped a small bud (BAM) that I let air dry for a few days and have to say it too was a winner! My travel vape - a G-Pen Dash doesn't hold a lot, but two bowls full produced a nice high. Psychedelic, no, but a nice smooth buzz that lasted a while. My BAM has 3 more days of jar curing before it's ready to give it a decent test. Report to follow...

100_0353.JPG

One of 3 Kroeng Krawia from Northcoast seeds. High from the fan leaves of the males has been a potent and not super speedy or trippy effect. A bit of visual tricks on my eyes is the only trip so far. This line was recommended as being their most trippy, said by both Northcoast and Zomia.

The high is good for sure, just hoping it gets lysergic when I smoke some buds.

Im trying to help a friend identify a plant. It’s probably near impossible, but I want to try and narrow it down.

The sativa plant was found and grown in Namibia. Given the terrain in the country, it’s a good chance that plant was found in the northern most part of the country.

Does anybody know the cultivar the natives may know, grow and/or use in that region?

Im thinking it’s a durban cross, but what do I know? Lol

Original post:
Thread 'What strain is this?'

This Acapulco Gold from Northcoast reminds me of Oaxacan I have grown. Eskobar from Sannies, had a Oaxacan years back and I grew several. They looked a lot like this but the high was cold and speedy. This line feels different, like some euphoria and possibly trippy when I get some actual buds to smoke. Long internode distance, stretchy, with small buds and not very narrow leaves.

So possibly a Oaxacan line? Who is to say Acapulco Gold did not originate in Oaxaca? Or, this might be Oaxacan Gold?

Get whatever you want and I have no business deal with Northcoast, but this AG is the best so far. Bodhi, Snow, Mtn Organic or MassMed are all pretty much the same AG, and for me it is an average high. Barney's does not deserve mention, but I did. They hit that line with indica.
100_0355.JPG

100_0353.JPG

One of 3 Kroeng Krawia from Northcoast seeds. High from the fan leaves of the males has been a potent and not super speedy or trippy effect. A bit of visual tricks on my eyes is the only trip so far. This line was recommended as being their most trippy, said by both Northcoast and Zomia.

The high is good for sure, just hoping it gets lysergic when I smoke some buds.

Just smoked a small Kroeng bud from this plant. Real nice, yes it is trippy to me. Pulled a small bud off another plant and am drying it now. I have 3 Kroeng so I will pull a small bud off each and decide which I am going to clone. Good potency, good high, and in my mind, yes it has that trippy thing going on. hehe

Anybody ever raised a strain such as these indoors on a 12/12 light schedule? I know the yield would suffer but what about quality? Thanks in advance.

NTH
I did Destroyer from Cannabiogen. Got 12.5 ounces out of a 15 gallon pot. The buds were typical sativa air-buds. If they had been good meaty buds it would have weighed double that. I don’t see a way to post photos in this reply but if you go to seedfinder and scroll down on the Destroyer page the plant is there in a tent.

12/12 is a bit of a shot in the dark. Sometimes they yield well other times not so well. As far as African landraces go, the older the plant the better the quality. Imo
This stood out when I read it. That's my opinion, too. :thumb:

I've run a lot of tropical sativas, and they can be a giant PIA indoors. There isn't anywhere enough room, so you have to train and time the growth. You can start under 12/12 and the plant will still veg for three months. You can keep them rootbound in veg to limit their wild growth, etc. They can tricky to please. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Part of that timing is the ripening. The plant can seem ready, and we're eager to get it done and be on with it ... after 3 fuggin months of bloom ... but if you wait another week or two, it'll rebloom again ... and again ... and it can end up with 50% more yield, with fatter calyxes ... much better produce in general.

You can rush one through in 5 months and have a nice bright buzz, but if you let it go another few weeks it can turn into a solid yielding high-THC asskicker.

:cheesygrinsmiley::bongrip:

But I haven't had any success with 12/12 after mid-bloom. I have to cut it down to 11/13 or 10/14 to keep any rebloom contained. If not, the plant will stretch too much. You'll get another couple inches of sugar leaf - lotsa crystal but too much fluff - no bueno. After mid-bloom, 11/13 or less is better. Growth will be tighter, denser.

:Namaste:

seed connectBAM.JPG

These are Seed Connect BAM plants at 56 days of flower. All are less than a foot tall. I saw a bit of cloudy resin, so they are getting chopped today. I will test a bud of the taller one on the left and if it is exceptional, I will try to clone it.

The Northcoast and Cora/Alpine BAM plants are not done yet.

I smoked a bud from the one on the left and I am going to clone it. It leans sativa pretty much. Not super trippy but somewhat and also a very nice effect overall.

I may sample the other two before chop and decide if I want clones from them. They seem to lean more indica so I doubt I will clone either of them. The high from The Seed Fair plants was very nice and they all leaned to indica or in between.

The Seed Connect BAM seeds are the same as the Seed Fair seeds imo. There might be a slight difference but I think they are very close.

100_0383.JPG

These are the 3 Acapulco Gold plants (they look like branches) from Northcoast after 64 days of flower. The one on the top just produces a mellow effect. The one on the bottom did produce a trippy and electric feeling. Colors enhanced, everything brightened. Attention Kushy, hehe.

The leaves on the lower part of the plants died off. These were not very short plants but just the top buds had any growth. Heavily seeded so almost nothing to smoke. I do get to test the smoke and have lots of seeds. These were grown in pots with less than a gallon of coco based soil. They must need bigger pots.

The high from the good one is much better than any of the Mountain Organics, Snowhigh or Bodhi 'AG'. All of those seem to be the same genetics with the Snow version having more resin, followed by the Mtn Organics, with Bodhi being the least frosty and potent. In addition to being a lot more trippy than the other AG lines, it is more euphoric and no noids so far. To be fair, the Bodhi, Snow, MO version of AG did not have paranoia and was pleasant

Back
Top Bottom