Landrace Genetics 101

Maybe check out Cannabiogen's Durban Standard? They claim it's just a South African Durban landrace. Sounds like it's F4 by their description

Native line from South Africa, African classic line of great reputation and influence.

This first version we offer is the fourth generation.
Its flowering goes from 10 to 14 weeks and can occur in green and purple colors.
Its complex floral, aniseed and spicy aromas stand out over the production.

As with other landraces, part of the effort has been to offer lots with acceptable sexual behavior, although the emergence of some intersexual individuals can not be ruled out.

Looks like my Swiss Lebby sativa pheno is pregnant. The hairs are shriveling up and she is fattening up the calyxes really fast. Meanwhile the top colas are swelling and glistening, but staying unfertilized. I hit another lower branch with fresh RSC Lebby sativa pheno pollen yesterday. I have developed a technique of tapping the cat hair brush loaded with pollen just above the blooms and the pollen drifts down over them nicely. I have to move the gal indoors to do that though, otherwise the breeze will take the fine pollen away. I have also been collecting, drying and freezing vials of pollen in case the indica phenos do not overlap this male bloom, but from the looks of it, he will be flowering for some time. Scrawny male, kept dwarfy in a small pot, but that is all you need for gobs of pollen.

Looks like my Swiss Lebby sativa pheno is pregnant. The hairs are shriveling up and she is fattening up the calyxes really fast. Meanwhile the top colas are swelling and glistening, but staying unfertilized. I hit another lower branch with fresh RSC Lebby sativa pheno pollen yesterday. I have developed a technique of tapping the cat hair brush loaded with pollen just above the blooms and the pollen drifts down over them nicely. I have to move the gal indoors to do that though, otherwise the breeze will take the fine pollen away. I have also been collecting, drying and freezing vials of pollen in case the indica phenos do not overlap this male bloom, but from the looks of it, he will be flowering for some time. Scrawny male, kept dwarfy in a small pot, but that is all you need for gobs of pollen.

Sounds like a movie: Slave of the Amazon Women
A scrawny teenage male is imprisoned in a tent where his sperm is collected and frozen to artificially inseminate females.
:rofl:

Sounds like a movie: Slave of the Amazon Women
A scrawny teenage male is imprisoned in a tent where his sperm is collected and frozen to artificially inseminate females.
:rofl:

:circle-of-love:

Dunno why they cannot just have sex. That was also a sub plot in the movie, "A Boy and his Dog" with Don Johnson. He used his telepathic dog to hunt women down in a post apocalyptic world to have sex with them, but one woman is used to lure him to a lab that straps him to a chair to milk him for viable sperm. This is because the male population is sterile, and all they have is viable women. He wanted to have sex with the women, and he would have stayed if they had let him. But they wanted to use the turkey baster instead. Dumb humans of the future!

But yes. My pet male Lebby is kept as a dwarf and a slave to my mad scientist plant breeding experiments. I am pumping him for pollen for my Lebby gals. I have 8 vials of frozen pollen and his fertilized seeds are growing in the Swiss sativa pheno now in the pre-appocalyptic world. I have the same plans for my Durban boy, but he is not showing any signs of popping bananas yet. I am going to have to light dep him soon. The Durban gals are starting to bloom on me. Actually, all the gals have started blooming now: no light dep required for any of them this year. Mid August is the perfect bloom time for my genetic scheming. :wood:

-Doctor Pollen

May your males be strong and virile. .

Well, I have kept them weak by pruning and under potting, but they are definitely virile. Lebby seeds a' poppin'.

I dunno if the glisten sheen come across on these photos or not here. I have to dumb down the large format digital photos to upload them here, and the sugary sparkle gets lost. These are the Swiss Lebby sativa pheno tops.

Leb_sativa_bloom_sparkle.JPG

Hoping mine starts flowering soon.

I am just above the 45th parallel here and the Lebby indica phenos are starting to flower now. The Lebby sativa pheno was a real early bloomer, and is finishing now. Kind of interesting and cool to have such an early bloomer. At first I thought these seeds would be useless, but now I am thinking that an early bloom and harvest means really early season weed to smoke, more room in the GH and absolutely no chance of any botrytis rot later in early fall when the nights get really cool. This gal will be done and trimmed by the first week in September. Oregon Super Early sativa Lebby. OreSeaSal.

I am at week 9 of flowering and took down the Ethiopian Highland. Took a sample bud and guess it is not gonna make it for me. Buzz is just not quite right.

The Michoacan did make it. Clear fun high.Guerrero x Michoacan with the longer flowering and taller plant is the winner. It has a couple weeks to go but the samples are great. I guess it is the Michoacan anyways. I think the Guerrero finishes faster but it is supposed to have long colas and this indoor plant does not. The Guerrero pheno is already done and hanging, donation smoke not personal stash.

Hope you find one of your grail strains with the Leb, BigSur. Sativa pheno for the win eh? The Guerrero in my cross is from '78. Chimera had a Guerrero from '72. I will run that soon, was crossed to a Blueberry. Might even be your elite Guerrero from '75.

Hope you find one of your grail strains with the Leb, BigSur. Sativa pheno for the win eh? The Guerrero in my cross is from '78. Chimera had a Guerrero from '72. I will run that soon, was crossed to a Blueberry. Might even be your elite Guerrero from '75.

That would be a winner if it was. Guerrero from '75 was great stuff. The kind of weed you do not realize is that good until it is all gone. Like the Indian Ganja was. The people are knocking on your door wanting more.

I also have more strains than I can run now. Someone on this forum is sending me a real deal GDP clone. How cool is that? I also have the Indian Kerala and South Indian Ganja land race seeds to grow. And some Jamaican crosses. And I want to work these Durbans some more. And one or more of these Lebbies has a brain rush to it. RSC says it is likely the sativa pheno type 2 that has that, and the rushy lifting high that I posted about earlier here. I am also hoping for good Lebby tops that emulate the hashish that was made from them. I always wanted to smoke the colas from the fields of the Bekaa Valley that I have seen in books and on Youtube, and now I will be able to. This Lebanese is not harsh like Afghan or Nepalese weed that is typically made into hashish because the weed is too harsh when smoked. I have had hints of the Lebby hashish taste so far from this stuff as well, from the indicas. I may not even have to make hash with it. It seems that Lebby weed is and was made into hash mostly because that was what was made in Greece and Turkey traditionally and smoked in Egypt. Easier to store, transport, and more potent. But if you do not care about that? This Lebby weed is likely to be good just as cured tops. If you like this kind of high that is. Its not Gorilla Glue, or OG Tangie Purple Herer Haze Hammer Blue Mint Cookies. It retains a land race flavor and terpenes. And grows weird.

These Lebbies are said to be one of the top ten rarest strains on earth right now. I feel privileged to be able to gain access to these seeds and grow it here. Legally. So little is actually known about these strains. This thread is going a long way to improve on that. And of course my hat is off to a certain person in Europe for sending me these seeds! :thanks:

Well looks like both of the indica phenos are male, the dwarves are 1 boy and 1 girl. Ill probably keep pollen from the best indica and maybe use it next run of Lebs.

Back
Top Bottom